Rojo13

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, GMC Acadia
I am still waiting for the dealership it get it in 2 months later. The cut bumper doesn't bother me at all.

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
After being on back order for a while my hitch finally came in, I got it installed today and went for a test run. View attachment 9594 View attachment 9595
So your reaction on how capable the towing works? How heavy is your rig? I have factory tow option and a 10’ single axle trailer similar to yours. Nothing like real life feedback.

OP
OP
Pete_72

Pete_72

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
So your reaction on how capable the towing works? How heavy is your rig? I have factory tow option and a 10’ single axle trailer similar to yours. Nothing like real life feedback.
The trailer is 10x5 around 800 lbs, the sxs weighs 1,100 lbs. It tows okay but it’s mostly flat in my area. I think it would struggle in hills or mountains

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
The trailer is 10x5 around 800 lbs, the sxs weighs 1,100 lbs. It tows okay but it’s mostly flat in my area. I think it would struggle in hills or mountains
Good to know. Thank you. That is probably more weight than I would be comfortable with even being under mfg suggestion. But good real world info. Thanks again.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I live in a hilly/mountainous area and I have towed near the edge regarding capacity. The issue of primary concern is braking rather than uphill. I've seen a lot of jackknifed boat trailers behind Tacomas and like, and some compact SUVs, usually on a downhill curve with a decreasing radius. They go into the curve too fast, brake hard, resulting in weight transfer forward. The trailer lifts and pushes the rear of the vehicle off the road, resulting in a jackknife.
This can be avoided with technique, primarily not driving down twisty mountain roads too aggressively and braking hard in the corners, opting to brake prior to entering the corner, and accelerate out of the corner. That helps greatly with weight distribution and control.

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Where did you tap for the trailer lighting?

Legin2000

Badlands
First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thought I'd share my Badlands with a Draw Tite tow bar. The trailer weighs around 1600 lbs. Been using a 4-pin connector and things have been good. Going to upgrade to a 7-pin with a Curt wireless brake controller.

Ford Bronco Sport It’s towing! Curt hitch installed and towing trailer 896179B3-2E9B-485B-8753-6331A3051D42

Ford Bronco Sport It’s towing! Curt hitch installed and towing trailer 21D9160C-33BE-4F2D-BA95-5BD1E54AA275_1_201_a

First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks
What model Bronco Sport do you have? Outer Banks?
I recently added the OEM tow hitch to my build mostly to carry my cooler and crabbing gear. I was looking to add on something like this since I don't want the inside of my Bronco to smell like the bay! Lol

Basket Hitch

OP
OP
Pete_72

Pete_72

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
What model Bronco Sport do you have? Outer Banks?
I recently added the OEM tow hitch to my build mostly to carry my cooler and crabbing gear. I was looking to add on something like this since I don't want the inside of my Bronco to smell like the bay! Lol

Basket Hitch
Yes it’s an Outer Banks.

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
If you have to widen the hole for the carriage bolts, you may want to paint the exposed metal.
Sponsored