Issue: warning light stays on on instrument cluster

Ribby5117

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford
I have a warning light that stays on on instrument cluster. Like a pre collision thing. Also cruise works intermittently and now side mirrors traffic detect lights not working. Took to one dealer and big bend was there all day with no diagnosis. Going to different dealer tomorrow but frustr8.
Sponsored

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
All related. Might need to be reset

OP
OP

Ribby5117

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford
Jeez. Then yesterday the outside mirror warning lights went off. Took it to a horrible dealership nearby and they couldn't fix in a day. Taking it to dealer I bought it from tomorrow. Reset sounds about right.

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
System reset procedure is in the owner's manual. Master reset procedure can be found online.

The dealer service advisor told me they were going to do a master reset on my Escape because of issues. Said I would lose settings. I didn't lose anything, so I think the tech did a system reset instead.

OP
OP

Ribby5117

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford
Really? Thanks. I'll see if I can muddle through.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
I have a warning light that stays on on instrument cluster. Like a pre collision thing. Also cruise works intermittently and now side mirrors traffic detect lights not working. Took to one dealer and big bend was there all day with no diagnosis. Going to different dealer tomorrow but frustr8.
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? Iā€™d like to look into this concern on my end.

OP
OP

Ribby5117

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford
New issue. Well,, not new, but ANOTHER issue.
Getting water on inside of liftgate glass.

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
System reset procedure is in the owner's manual. Master reset procedure can be found online.

The dealer service advisor told me they were going to do a master reset on my Escape because of issues. Said I would lose settings. I didn't lose anything, so I think the tech did a system reset instead.
Can someone point me to where to find how to do a system reset in the owners manual? I found how to do a SYNC reset, but I'm not sure if that's what I need to do to attempt to clear the advance trac, pre-collision, drive mode not available warnings that I've got going on...šŸ«¤

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Can someone point me to where to find how to do a system reset in the owners manual? I found how to do a SYNC reset, but I'm not sure if that's what I need to do to attempt to clear the advance trac, pre-collision, drive mode not available warnings that I've got going on...šŸ«¤
Here ya go. Btw.. Probably a SYNC3 Reset isnā€™t likely going to solve your problem and you could next try a master reset and you could try unplugging the 12V battery for awhile but it seems like you likely need to go in for service)

RESETTING THE SYNC3 SYSTEM
1. Simultaneously press and hold the seek up (seek forward) and the audio unit power buttons until the screen goes black.
2. Wait three minutes to allow the system to complete the reset.
3. Press the audio unit power button to switch the system on.

https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/sync/sync-3/how-do-i-perform-a-sync-3-master-reset/

Master Reset:
Performing a Master Reset (Version #1)
1. Review and Save Settings in order to restore Settings after Master Reset completes.
2. Start your vehicle. Ensure your vehicle is in park and running, not in accessory mode.
3. Press Settings on your vehicle's SYNC screen.
4. Choose General.
5. Scroll down and press Master Reset.
A message confirming that all system settings will be erased and reset to factory defaults will appear.
6. Press Continue.
A Resetting to factory defaults message will appear, the system will turn off and the screen will go blank. It may take a few minutes for the system to reset and resume normal operation.

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
Here ya go. Btw.. Probably a SYNC3 Reset isnā€™t likely going to solve your problem and you could next try a master reset and you could try unplugging the 12V battery for awhile but it seems like you likely need to go in for service)

RESETTING THE SYNC3 SYSTEM
1. Simultaneously press and hold the seek up (seek forward) and the audio unit power buttons until the screen goes black.
2. Wait three minutes to allow the system to complete the reset.
3. Press the audio unit power button to switch the system on.

https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/sync/sync-3/how-do-i-perform-a-sync-3-master-reset/

Master Reset:
Performing a Master Reset (Version #1)
1. Review and Save Settings in order to restore Settings after Master Reset completes.
2. Start your vehicle. Ensure your vehicle is in park and running, not in accessory mode.
3. Press Settings on your vehicle's SYNC screen.
4. Choose General.
5. Scroll down and press Master Reset.
A message confirming that all system settings will be erased and reset to factory defaults will appear.
6. Press Continue.
A Resetting to factory defaults message will appear, the system will turn off and the screen will go blank. It may take a few minutes for the system to reset and resume normal operation.
Thx, yes, service appt next week, but meanwhile I have all these systems and modes that don't work and that makes me nervous driving in the crazy snow storms right now.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thx, yes, service appt next week, but meanwhile I have all these systems and modes that don't work and that makes me nervous driving in the crazy snow storms right now.
Also ask the dealership to perform full diagnostics on your 12V battery even if the vehicle/battery is not too old.

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
Also ask the dealership to perform full diagnostics on your 12V battery even if the vehicle/battery is not too old.
Is that a potential reason for all the faults?

Disconnected the battery to try to reset, but didn't work ā˜¹

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is that a potential reason for all the faults?

Disconnected the battery to try to reset, but didn't work ā˜¹
I donā€™t know for sure in your case but a defective battery (or charging system that fails to properly charge the battery) can cause all sorts of warning lights to come on. I havenā€™t seen anyone else post exactly the same set of warning lights but similar has been reported and sometimes is only a bad battery. Itā€™s hard to know what all electronic modules will appear as ā€œfailā€ when it is just a bad battery. But in your specific case, is for the service center to diagnose as I would only be guessing.

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
For how long? I'd give it at least 15 minutes.
This morning I had it off for about an hour, no change, still popping up the alerts. I'm freaking out a little bit that it's really really messed up.
Sponsored