Is the moonroof history starting in 2022?

Aleta51

Badlands
First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500 LTZ Z71 crew cab
I passed up any Bronco that had the moonroof myself, not because I was worried about it leaking but because I use the roof racks and on my Taco I dropped things on that moonroof several times, once I should have broken it and I NEVER once used it... in fact the only time I can remember it being open is when the sales guy opened it which I immediately closed it.

I am very happy to see Ford move away from including it into packages and making it it's own add-on.
I definitely think that’s smart. I’ve never used roof racks before I’ve always had a truck where I just threw everything in the bed… I wish I could say this vehicle is going to get a lot of off-road experience… But most likely it won’t… But Maine winters can be pretty brutal and I do have some awesome trails around my property that I could try out.. i’m trying to decide if 770 for a power moonroof is a fair price ? ?
Sponsored

RRD

Badlands
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands - Area 51 "Bad Alien"
I definitely think that’s smart. I’ve never used roof racks before I’ve always had a truck where I just threw everything in the bed… I wish I could say this vehicle is going to get a lot of off-road experience… But most likely it won’t… But Maine winters can be pretty brutal and I do have some awesome trails around my property that I could try out.. i’m trying to decide if 770 for a power moonroof is a fair price ? ?
If you will use it, it is nice. Have you used them on previous vehicles? I just never saw a need for them... I guess if I was to lay back in the seat and star up at the stars ;)

Blynne

Badlands
First Name
Bridget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Mustang GT, 21 Escape, 22 BS Badlands
I ordered the moonroof on my Badlands. I’ve never had a moonroof before so I don’t know if I will use it or not but I am splurging on this vehicle so I got a lot of the options.

Reactions: RRD

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
I am very happy to see Ford move away from including it into packages and making it it's own add-on.
I always used the moon roof in my other cars. I really wanted a moon roof in my 2019 Escape but it wasn't offered. I got a panoramic roof only because it was included in a package that I wanted that had the adaptive cruise control and the co-pilot 360. I don't like having that much glass on my roof that the panoramic roof gives you, and I don't drive around with the kids in the car that much anymore that I would need it in the back seats.

Last edited:
Reactions: RRD

Aleta51

Badlands
First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you will use it, it is nice. Have you used them on previous vehicles? I just never saw a need for them... I guess if I was to lay back in the seat and star up at the stars ;)
I had one in a Yukon back in 2017 and loved it.. but I have a friend who got skin cancer on her scalp from her sunroof.. so … maybe a hat ? My BF has one in his Sierra Denali and I love it.. am no longer allowed to open it, as I left it open one night and it poured ??

RRD

Badlands
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands - Area 51 "Bad Alien"
I had one in a Yukon back in 2017 and loved it.. but I have a friend who got skin cancer on her scalp from her sunroof.. so … maybe a hat ? My BF has one in his Sierra Denali and I love it.. am no longer allowed to open it, as I left it open one night and it poured ??
The Denali does not have a sensor to tell you if it is open? Denali is the highest trim level if I recall on GM products. My 2020 Tacoma would alert me with a chime in the vehicle if I left it open AND also send a text to my phone.

Aleta51

Badlands
First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Denali does not have a sensor to tell you if it is open? Denali is the highest trim level if I recall on GM products. My 2020 Tacoma would alert me with a chime in the vehicle if I left it open AND also send a text to my phone.
I’m sure it does.. I of course CRANKED the awesome BOSE stereo and ignored it.. parked it, left it open .. went to bed.. heard it raining … and was like OH F#&@ !! And ran out and closed it ..?I know it tells him how I drive ( today he said I see you’re doing some hard acceleration ) ? it’s RIDICULOUSLY nice..

Bronco2.7

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 civic CRV
Moonroof is nothing but a leak/break waiting to happen. Shouldn't be part of an ORV. Want to see the moon/sun get a base bronco.
We enjoy having the moonroof open on a cool evening in northern Idaho. It's absolutely beautiful here. The air is crisp clean and smells fantastic driving thru all the wooded areas. No leaks no problems so far. Why would you want one if you live in a stinky, crowded, skanky, urban ghetto?

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Badlands; '23 BS Badlands; BMW X3, X7
I have large panoramic moon roofs on my cars. I like to open the cover so it's a rooftop window on cloudy or rainy days, but never on bright sunny days. Bought the Bronco Sport without one and can't imagine I'll regret it. Can be nice to have, but not something to be missed.

watchnerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Badlands
That’s like saying I won’t wear pants because they might get dirty.
Very wise.

I wear shorts whenever possible.
Sponsored