Scooter2021

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Greetings from Colorado, my significant other just picked up an BB on Saturday. We weren’t planning on buying but just cruising thru the lot and she ended up taking it home?

Anyway, I notice this noise when the engine is off. Kinda sounds like a fan but it runs for quite awhile before it shuts off. What to ask if anyone knows what it is. TIA
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
Greetings from Colorado, my significant other just picked up an OB on Saturday. We weren’t planning on buying but just cruising thru the lot and she ended up taking it home?

Anyway, I notice this noise when the engine is off. Kinda sounds like a fan but it runs for quite awhile before it shuts off. What to ask if anyone knows what it is. TIA
I have the same noise (same color Big Bend too). It starts by just unlocking the door. There's a thread out here about noises. I think someone said it's a fan for the headlights, or the led heatsink fan??? It shuts off in about 10 minutes. Guess I'm not too concerned.

Edit: https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/on-this-episode-of-is-this-noise-normal.2574/

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/headlight-noise.1787/

The transmission noises are what should concern us. I've been listening for them but nothing too alarming yet.

OP
OP

Scooter2021

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I have the same noise (same color Big Bend too). It starts by just unlocking the door. There's a thread out here about noises. I think someone said it's a fan for the headlights, or the led heatsink fan??? It shuts off in about 10 minutes. Guess I'm not too concerned.

Edit: https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/on-this-episode-of-is-this-noise-normal.2574/

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/headlight-noise.1787/

The transmission noises are what should concern us. I've been listening for them but nothing too alarming yet.
I was reading thru one thread but it didn’t sound like the same noise, thanks for the links??

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
I was reading thru one thread but it didn’t sound like the same noise, thanks for the links??
Yea huh, I listened to your sound again but louder. Seems louder than the light-fan. Hmmm, can't say I've heard that before.

Right after you turn off the engine?

OP
OP

Scooter2021

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Yea huh, I listened to your sound again but louder. Seems louder than the light-fan. Hmmm, can't say I've heard that before.

Right after you turn off the engine?

No, comes on even if you just open the door. I just did it. I’m standing here now in front of it, no lights or anything on …..but whatever it is kicked in and is running. I’m gonna see how long it runs

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
No, comes on even if you just open the door. I just did it. I’m standing here now in front of it, no lights or anything on …..but whatever it is kicked in and is running. I’m gonna see how long it runs
Can you pin point the location?

OP
OP

Scooter2021

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Can you pin point the location?
It’s coming from the headlights, if I put my hand on them there’s a slight vibration…..must be the fans someone was taking about on that other thread….They are still on now

OP
OP

Scooter2021

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
It’s coming from the headlights, if I put my hand on them there’s a slight vibration…..must be the fans someone was taking about on that other thread….They are still on now

They just kicked off so it must be about a 10 minute cycle
Sponsored