SandDawg

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Sport
I took delivery of my 2024 Bronco sport Badlands 2 weeks ago. After a few days of fiddling it was clear that I had no Wi-Fi connection in the car. So, when I use CarPlay, it’s all cell data. Now it does hook up to my home Wi-Fi when there, BUT away from my home nothing. I called Ford and they said was a AT&T problem. They said ATT wasn’t able to deal with a new chip set in the car?.?. And it might take until February to fix. Anyone else run into this?
Sponsored

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Hotspot was eliminated before due to chip shortages. Is it on your window sticker?

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
You would end up paying for the AT&T cell data anyway so it’s probably cheaper to get yourself an unlimited data plan on your phone. IIRC my 2021 BS is capable if I set up an account. When Rivian starts charging for AT&T cell we will probably pay because aside from WiFi you get satellite maps, real time traffic, charging location availability and other goodies. In the BS I put my music on a USB stick.

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
I put all of wife's music on a usb stick & if we want to listen to music on Pandora from her phone or we need directions we just plug in her phone to the small usb port above the larger one that the usb stick goes into.

OP
OP
SandDawg

SandDawg

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Sport

OP
OP
SandDawg

SandDawg

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Sport
You would end up paying for the AT&T cell data anyway so it’s probably cheaper to get yourself an unlimited data plan on your phone. IIRC my 2021 BS is capable if I set up an account. When Rivian starts charging for AT&T cell we will probably pay because aside from WiFi you get satellite maps, real time traffic, charging location availability and other goodies. In the BS I put my music on a USB stick.
On my Mustang Mach E it cost me $20/month for wifi. On my wife’s 2019 Audi Q5 it’s $15/month. We rarely use cell data. Since I use CarPlay almost exclusively (WAZE, Apple Music, Google maps, etc) I much prefer Wi-Fi access.. also Ford did a new thing maybe just in sync 4, that lets you tap into other Wi-Fi like at the grocery store, some bars if you have the password. Add one more thing. Where I live, the ATT cell service is “sketchy” at best.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SandDawg

SandDawg

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Sport
Hotspot was eliminated before due to chip shortages. Is it on your window sticker?
Nope! it is in the specifications. "4G LTE Wi-Fi hotsport connects up to 10 devices..."

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Nope! it is in the specifications. "4G LTE Wi-Fi hotsport connects up to 10 devices..."
Have you contacted ATT to setup the data plan?

OP
OP
SandDawg

SandDawg

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Sport
Have you contacted ATT to setup the data plan?
I did yesterday. Guess what? My car isn't equipped with the necessary hard/software. I mentioned above, It was deleted by Ford AFTER I ordered the car. Bummer.

kshaw

Outer Banks
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport;350Z;Hybrid Escape
I have one of these which I use for camping and when flying drones. It works great. I use the low tier of service which includes a set amount of high-speed service which then drops to unlimited slow speed service. I am fairly sure that this would work inside a vehicle.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G5KWZ3H?tag=ds-us-bs-20&linkCode=osi&th=1
Sponsored