Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BigBend/2011 v6 Rav4
My kids aren’t allowed in daddy’s car until they are 30 haha
I banned eating inside the bronco but i let it slide for a day, next day was cleaning up ritz and fish crackers :)

the one thing i really hate are the suicidal bugs when you travel, they get fossilized in your windshield
Sponsored

epatnoudes

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
So HIGHLY disappointed today after a quick jump at the rear window from a dog scratched into the door panel material. For this vehicle being so off-road capable, I’d assume it would’ve came with more capable interior...

Does anyone have any suggestions on removing the scratch?? It’s not your typical plastic (wish it was!) as the bottoms of most car doors but instead a plastic/ rubber like mix... any tips would be greatly appreciated!!

Ford Bronco Sport Interior door panel easily scratches 52CDCB1B-0386-4E37-A5D1-70A5BEEDB854
The EXACT SAME thing happened to me! Couldn't be more disappointed. I wanted to drive this car for the foreseeable future and now I have my doubts about the durability.

Ford Bronco Sport Interior door panel easily scratches 185667280_1517647785072190_7471041852680364943_n

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The bumper cover plastic is easily scratched/marred as well, going through scrub brush isn't your friend.
At least you can use cleaner wax on the paint and it will look decent.

Vbest0627

Outer Banks
First Name
Victoria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
The bumper cover plastic is easily scratched/marred as well, going through scrub brush isn't your friend.
At least you can use cleaner wax on the paint and it will look decent.
Thanks for the heads up!!

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I guess that’s the best thing about a 16 year old Escape, you don’t give a crap. After a few days, new dirt fills in the scratches and wallla, looks like crap again!

Vbest0627

Outer Banks
First Name
Victoria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I guess that’s the best thing about a 16 year old Escape, you don’t give a crap. After a few days, new dirt fills in the scratches and wallla, looks like crap again!
I just got rid of my 2014 escape ??

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
You can order a new door panel. That will remove the scratch. They might even offer just that rubber part or whatever it is. But I’d argue your door is just as off road capable with a scratch in it.

You have to understand dogs and animals are capable of creating this sort of wear and tear on wranglers and defenders also. This has less to do with rugged parts and more to do with an animal with claws that aren’t retractable in your vehicle.

That material is “capable” of hundreds of scratches yet still able to serve the purpose as a rugged yet textured interior that will function as intended. Unless you start hauling around big cats inside your vehicle, your door should function as intended.
Spoken like a true Ford employee.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
My FJ Cruiser looks like it has housed two fully clawed leopards for 24 hours playing with a spiked metal toy. Rub some dirt in it and consider your BS ready for the future!

My dog has found ways to put scratches in places that would take Gumby to get to.

Then there was the time I drove through a massive puddle of gush created after a forest fire drained downhill. Forgot to close the window on the passenger side. Came out of the dogs fur who were seated by the window….the little dimples in the door plastic was another matter.

And finally the time my German Shepherd escaped to the drivers seat and found a joy in honking the horn..over and over and over…..scratching the hell out of it.

My Greman Shepherd. My baby boy passed away this last February and I miss him something awful as he loved to ride in my car. The scratches are now wonderful memories of our trips together.

In the end you are creating memories in your vehicle to laugh about for years to come and life comes with scratches. Some day you will talk. About rides with the family and dog and point to all those imperfections with a story….Memories are not made in pristine leather with untouched plastic.

Ford Bronco Sport Interior door panel easily scratches EFDE083B-F4EA-41C6-A09C-02D4B9E58627

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
My baby boy passed away this last February and I miss him something awful as he loved to ride in my car. The scratches are now wonderful memories of our trips together.

In the end you are creating memories in your vehicle to laugh about for years to come and life comes with scratches. Some day you will talk. About rides with the family and dog and point to all those imperfections with a story….Memories are not made in pristine leather with untouched plastic.
It's incredible how much these creatures find their way into our hearts. Before the current Chuweenie our "best friend" was a runty little Jack Russel Terrorist named Sierra. She was all of 10 lbs, but thought she was 100 lbs. The last two years she was with us she was blind due to inoperable cataracts, but she never let that stop her having fun (see the video below).

We were devastated when she passed, especially my wife. I found out just how devastated when I tried to do something nice for her to cheer her up--I cleaned her car for her. Unfortunately, that meant cleaning the marks off the inside of the windows Sierra had made with her wet nose. In doing so, I wiped away the last vestiges of Sierra my wife had been cherishing. Damn...

Here's she is with her favorite toy--a racquetball (sorry for the stupid music--turn your volume down).