RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hard to believe the TFL rumor, most dealers have very few if any Badlands and First Editions in stock, hard to make a sale without inventory. Even though the Bronco Sport is currently popular, the number of Ford dealers adding additional markup turns a lot of people off, as the pricing is already viewed as being high.
Sponsored

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
The TFL guys hate everything that doesn’t have a mechanical rear locker and a low range. I’m not likely to do a lot of Moab style rock crawling in a badlands if I’m fact mine is ever built

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
The
Ford Bronco Sport Interesting rumor - Badlands trim dropped Screenshot_20210612-161938

Just on this site alone, 59% of all listed orders... more than all other trim levels combined....yeah...nobody wants a badlands???
That is for sure Mike ,the numbers tell the story and they don’t lie . What a comedy read.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
If you buy a badlands it comes with a lifetime supply of Chinese to
The That is for sure Mike ,the numbers tell the story and they don’t lie . What a comedy read.
now if you factor what's being 'built and delivered' and look PURELY at wheels on lots, they have a twisted point. Most dealers placed EARLY orders for Big Bend. Every test drive I took was Big Bend, and most dealers pushed the idea that it was the best bang for the buck...but knowing a Badlands is only a few dollars a month more, and the 2.0 engine...I think the demand is high, it's delivery giving a misaligned perception. That's the problem with reporting and news today. Nobody has to REALLY fact check, secure information, do any research. They grab a headline and click bait it is.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray

now if you factor what's being 'built and delivered' and look PURELY at wheels on lots, they have a twisted point. Most dealers placed EARLY orders for Big Bend. Every test drive I took was Big Bend, and most dealers pushed the idea that it was the best bang for the buck...but knowing a Badlands is only a few dollars a month more, and the 2.0 engine...I think the demand is high, it's delivery giving a misaligned perception. That's the problem with reporting and news today. Nobody has to REALLY fact check, secure information, do any research. They grab a headline and click bait it is.

If anything goes, my money is on the Big Bend ,(base ,outer banks, badlands ) next year, 30k, 35k ,40k done.I feel big bend is lost in the middle. My thoughts my spin.Just as good as the other forecasters.

OP
OP
Ponyrider

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
The guy did make some wacko conclusions. But.... it seems a lot of people went with the Badlands because of the 2.0 engine. So could Ford be contemplating making the 2.0 an option on other trims and the dropping the Badlands in favor of the full size Bronco? ?

Reactions: Jrl

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
The guy did make some wacko conclusions. But.... it seems a lot of people went with the Badlands because of the 2.0 engine. So could Ford be contemplating making the 2.0 an option on other trims and the dropping the Badlands in favor of the full size Bronco? ?
Consider the Badlands has the more advanced off-road features and comprised nearly 60% of all orders here...no...no I do not see them catering to average and making all trims average. If that's their plan, just eliminate trims. Produce THE Bronco sport, 2.0, off road capable, 7 goat modes, $40K, one color, Done. They laid out the trims for a reason

OP
OP
Ponyrider

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Consider the Badlands has the more advanced off-road features and comprised nearly 60% of all orders here...no...no I do not see them catering to average and making all trims average. If that's their plan, just eliminate trims. Produce THE Bronco sport, 2.0, off road capable, 7 goat modes, $40K, one color, Done. They laid out the trims for a reason
But again, how many people bought the Badlands for the more off road capabilities vs more for the 2.0? I've had more than 1 person tell me they would never buy the 1.5 even though they never drove it. Perceptions.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
But again, how many people bought the Badlands for the more off road capabilities vs more for the 2.0? I've had more than 1 person tell me they would never buy the 1.5 even though they never drove it. Perceptions.
And to that point...buy a badlands, get the 2.0 and all the extras. Why even bother selling the other trim levels. Save some chips. It's marketing and it's pretty typical in the industry. Just seems like everyone wants "their" trim but all the goodies to go along with it. That's bad business. If the 2.0 was critical mass...why did you purchase an outer banks? I took the badlands for the 2.0 via dealer advice. I love it. I'd have been equally happy with the 1.5 in light of Bidenomics gas prices.

OP
OP
Ponyrider

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And to that point...buy a badlands, get the 2.0 and all the extras. Why even bother selling the other trim levels. Save some chips. It's marketing and it's pretty typical in the industry. Just seems like everyone wants "their" trim but all the goodies to go along with it. That's bad business. If the 2.0 was critical mass...why did you purchase an outer banks? I took the badlands for the 2.0 via dealer advice. I love it. I'd have been equally happy with the 1.5 in light of Bidenomics gas prices.
I bought a Sport because my 2001 Escape was the best vehicle I ever owned. I couldn't find anything comparable until the Sport came out. Why the OB over a BL? I have no intention of taking a vehicle rock crawling. I saw no point in getting all the off road extras. I wanted something I could take camping on unimproved dirt roads. Pull my small camper on those roads. Something that could handle deeper snow. Something my dogs can travel in comfortably. The OB fit those requirements. It also had a few extras I wanted over a BB, which I had also considered. I find marketing bizarre. Ford had their reasons for having 4 trim levels. We got to pick and hopefully everyone gets or got what they wanted. We're all different.
Gas prices go up and down. I can't worry about that.
You seem a little testy over some article based on rumor.

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
This article smells like fake news. There aren’t any BL on lots because production is cut and demand is through the roof!

If it wasn’t for the BL trim I probably wouldn’t be driving a BS today.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
This article smells like fake news. There aren’t any BL on lots because production is cut and demand is through the roof!

If it wasn’t for the BL trim I probably wouldn’t be driving a BS today.
Fake news click bait. But it worked cause ppl are reading that garbage

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I bought a Sport because my 2001 Escape was the best vehicle I ever owned. I couldn't find anything comparable until the Sport came out. Why the OB over a BL? I have no intention of taking a vehicle rock crawling. I saw no point in getting all the off road extras. I wanted something I could take camping on unimproved dirt roads. Pull my small camper on those roads. Something that could handle deeper snow. Something my dogs can travel in comfortably. The OB fit those requirements. It also had a few extras I wanted over a BB, which I had also considered. I find marketing bizarre. Ford had their reasons for having 4 trim levels. We got to pick and hopefully everyone gets or got what they wanted. We're all different.
Gas prices go up and down. I can't worry about that.
You seem a little testy over some article based on rumor.
Ironically nope...not testy over the article...perhaps a bit too testy over everyone thinking they should pay for a base model and get the 2.0 engine, oversize tires, off road goat modes, leather seats, and all the best of their choosing. The Outer Banks was ideal for what you wanted. I probably would have been equally happy with the Big Bend. Didn't want the base, I've bottom lined on too many cars. Didn't want the Outer Banks and all the swank...Badlands, big tires, tow package. Those were my needs and what I paid for...I knew what each package entailed and chose accordingly. There are many who think Ford should offer some sort of personal needs grocery list. I'm glad you love your Bronco Sport, I feel the same with my options. There is always someone dissatisfied no matter what Ford offers...and nope...I don't shill for the company. I've driven FCA products for the better part of 20 years. Like you I found a Ford that hit home.
Sponsored