Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
Yes more credible then the dummy award winner of the year article.
I have a big bend because my lease was up and my $60k loan for a fully loaded Explorer was denied . I needed a vehicle delivered the next day. Dealer had a Big Bend in stock I took it. I love the vehicle but if I had planned my purchase I would have gotten a badlands . If not for the supply issues I think badlands would be see 3-4x sales at a minimum
Sponsored

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I have a big bend because my lease was up and my $60k loan for a fully loaded Explorer was denied . I needed a vehicle delivered the next day. Dealer had a Big Bend in stock I took it. I love the vehicle but if I had planned my purchase I would have gotten a badlands . If not for the supply issues I think badlands would be see 3-4x sales at a minimum
Explorer ST was my dream car. BSport Badlands changed that.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
That’s what I wanted. I do think the Bronco Sport is a overall better vehicle for me and it is a lot cheaper
And for me just the right size. We have narrow roads and narrower trails. My wife is always saying “You’re not taking my car (Explorer Platinum) there, I’ll get Nantucket Pinstripes” (from the roadside brush). My BS goes everywhere and doesn’t scrape the foliage.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
Who said anything about dropping the 2.0 Motor, just because it comes in two trim packages , did anyone think it just might be an option on all trims in the future . They advertise the BL because they want to take buyers away from other AWD car makers , did anyone ever think the upgraded suspension & Rear Drive unit with the 2.0 couldn't be an option for the other trim levels . It's just bolt on stuff & just a little more capable than the other trim levels . The BS is not really competition for the Jeep , the Bronco is !

The FE is just that .

ThomasMonaghan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
To clarify a few points as I have the Badlands and my buddy just got the Big Bend yesterday in White

Major drastic differences are the console, the one in the steering wheel area. I don’t know if that’s the covpilot assist option but his is a basic square that looks like 2009 while the badlands one is like an actual screen with graphics

Another drastic difference is the Badlands drives in an intelligent 4wd system all the time combined with its FocusRS like real dual clutch differential.

Where my gear shift nob says M in the middle the paddle shift, his says L to engage a low mode?

So all 3 cylinder trims are front wheel drive cars with a low mode?

while the 2.0 is a true awd system

When you think critically the badlands has like 20k more parts

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Who said anything about dropping the 2.0 Motor

WHAT??? Can’t you read between your own lines? You basically said the 2.0 was done-for and now you’re backpedaling! Your logic has doomed the 2.0! :cwl::cwl::cwl: But seriously, it’s just a freaking trim package that pissed a lot of people off because “I can’t believe it included a moonroof”., which BTW was a requirement for me. Anyway, who cares. I hope going forward you can order a la carte and get what you want. I ordered mine loaded (skipping the cargo management system) and love it.

Ponds

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Ford sets the percentage of each trim level they plan to build for any model in a given model year. It’s listed in the Bronco Sport MY21 order guide available on Blue Oval forums and in an admin thread on this forum. Ford‘s plan: Base 5%, Big Bend 50%, Outer Banks 25%, Badlands 15%, and First Edition 5% (2,000 units). My “guess” is the demand for BL was much higher than what Ford was prepared to build, and that is why Ford stopped producing the Badlands for “the remainder of this MY“ (this comment in the most recent order guide).

Personally, I believe that the Badlands will be available for MY22
 Badlands is the trim level that Ford uses to define the Bronco Sport as a competitor in the x-over segment.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
The BS is not really competition for the Jeep , the Bronco is !
So you don't think Bronco Sport is competition for Jeep Compass, Jeep Cherokee, and Renegade? No? Not competition there no?

OP
OP
Ponyrider

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
To clarify a few points as I have the Badlands and my buddy just got the Big Bend yesterday in White

Major drastic differences are the console, the one in the steering wheel area. I don’t know if that’s the covpilot assist option but his is a basic square that looks like 2009 while the badlands one is like an actual screen with graphics

Another drastic difference is the Badlands drives in an intelligent 4wd system all the time combined with its FocusRS like real dual clutch differential.

Where my gear shift nob says M in the middle the paddle shift, his says L to engage a low mode?

So all 3 cylinder trims are front wheel drive cars with a low mode?

while the 2.0 is a true awd system

When you think critically the badlands has like 20k more parts
Yes, the Badlands is the much more capable off road. But your comment about the 3 cylinder is wrong. My OB has intelligent 4wd. One small reason I went for the OB was the bigger screen behind the steering wheel. Only the BL and OB have that screen.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
And for me just the right size. We have narrow roads and narrower trails. My wife is always saying “You’re not taking my car (Explorer Platinum) there, I’ll get Nantucket Pinstripes” (from the roadside brush). My BS goes everywhere and doesn’t scrape the foliage.
we are in a more open suburbia...I just like the maneuverability. It handles so nice. Parking, driving, etc. it's the best vehicle I've owned. I liked the challenger for raw speed...this is far more fun.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Who said anything about dropping the 2.0 Motor, just because it comes in two trim packages , did anyone think it just might be an option on all trims in the future . They advertise the BL because they want to take buyers away from other AWD car makers , did anyone ever think the upgraded suspension & Rear Drive unit with the 2.0 couldn't be an option for the other trim levels . It's just bolt on stuff & just a little more capable than the other trim levels . The BS is not really competition for the Jeep , the Bronco is !

The FE is just that .
ehh...pretty sure the badlands Sport is targeting the trail hawk. It's designed to be agressive off-road capable. Small SUV has a new market share and Ford knew it. It's been challenged and did more than was expected of it. The Badlands trim is a capable machine.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
ehh...pretty sure the badlands Sport is targeting the trail hawk. It's designed to be agressive off-road capable. Small SUV has a new market share and Ford knew it. It's been challenged and did more than was expected of it. The Badlands trim is a capable machine.
Hahahahaha i was waiting for you and @69cuda340s to call that comment out about BSport Badlands not competing.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Ford‘s plan: Base 5%, Big Bend 50%, Outer Banks 25%, Badlands 15%, and First Edition 5% (2,000 units). My “guess” is the demand for BL was much higher than what Ford was prepared to build, and that is why Ford stopped producing the Badlands for “the remainder of this MY“ (this comment in the most recent order guide).
I think you're spot on about the plan and the demand. A lot of offroaders like to kit up their own vehicle. They buy a base model and then take the money saved and buy up suspension, axle, wheel and equipment upgrades. The BS would be the same thing, if there was any aftermarket stuff to be had. Oh yeah, here and there a few things have popped out. A brush guard. An air kit. A couple lights. But it's too early in the release and the state of the world makes engineering and production of aftermarket stuff almost impossible. It's going to take time.

So the options are to get the most capable thing right now (Badlands) or buy something else and wait. Jeep does the same thing with the Trailhawk badge. It's the most capable thing Jeep makes, but still isn't as upgraded as someone could potentially do with a large selection of aftermarket stuff. Someday someone is going to make a Big Bend locker. They just will. You can't buy that today.

I bet the percentages of actual builds ordered was something more like 5%, 30%, 30%, 30%, 5%. The engine and the offroad components had to have poached other trims and the Outer Banks having the only full LUX package available (and Badlands with 95% of that) had to poach for tech oriented buyers. I will probably never use more than four of the seven GOAT modes. I bought it most of all for the engine. Badlands was the only 2021 trim I would pay for. I'm not the only one.
Sponsored