Intelligent Access key and HEAT

Sharmie

Badlands
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport (Badlands/Badlands pkg)
According to Ford there are 7 antennas that detect your keys signal. Ford Overnighted the one they believe was the culprit that was in the console area and it was installed. So far the dealer says it works but hard to confirm because we don’t have 90 degree weather. Picking it up today and giving it a go.
Good luck with the new adjustment! Do let us know how it goes…
Thanks so much for posting this— Perfect timing as I’m literally at my dealership now (they are awesome, like yours!) They are going to have me come back next week to leave the car and diagnose since weekend is pretty much here and I don’t want to be without my Badlands. I’ve shared the information you posted and that was really helpful. Thankyou! Will keep posted to see what transpires….
Sponsored

OP
OP
Timsvtgen1

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
keep you posted. Let me know how they make out with yours when they get to it.

Bill G

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Badlands, 66 Tiger
Been having this problem since picking up my Badlands. Not disabling, but a real PITA. My dealer gave me a copy of notice Ford sent them dated July 2021 which told dealer(s) that Ford had no fix for the problem currently (a programming issue) and for dealers to attempt no repair until Ford sent the fix to them. I’m still waiting and cussing when it happens — but still really like my BS.

OP
OP
Timsvtgen1

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Been having this problem since picking up my Badlands. Not disabling, but a real PITA. My dealer gave me a copy of notice Ford sent them dated July 2021 which told dealer(s) that Ford had no fix for the problem currently (a programming issue) and for dealers to attempt no repair until Ford sent the fix to them. I’m still waiting and cussing when it happens — but still really like my BS.
Just had that software update done , it was available a couple weeks ago supposedly. No change. Still the same issue. They sent the feedback back to Ford.

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I've noticed that if I have key in the same.pocket as my cellphone..it will act up.

Sharmie

Badlands
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport (Badlands/Badlands pkg)
Just had that software update done , it was available a couple weeks ago supposedly. No change. Still the same issue. They sent the feedback back to Ford.
I’ve not heard back from my dealer from when they took the issue and reported it week before last. Will chase to see if they have been given same directive from Ford.

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
I've noticed that if I have key in the same.pocket as my cellphone..it will act up.
I've always avoided putting my key in the same pocket as cell phone as the Lexus dealer I got my last two cars from told me that having them in close proximity can cause the key fob battery to drain at a much faster rate.

OP
OP
Timsvtgen1

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've always avoided putting my key in the same pocket as cell phone as the Lexus dealer I got my last two cars from told me that having them in close proximity can cause the key fob battery to drain at a much faster rate.
That is definitely a thing. This issue is somewhat different as it doesn't really have any interference issues , more like there's a hardware piece is bad... supposedly.

OP
OP
Timsvtgen1

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This problem at hand is still ongoing. The dealer called and said Ford engineering recommended replacing the body control module. We’ll see.
Sponsored