Insurance premium quotes?

olly12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Haven't seen much reference to insurance yet. Anything unusual or issues with agents finding thus far? I ask as Bronco Sport is still not listed on Geico's site when I was looking to quote adding it to my policy. I'm curious to see if it shakes out to something similar to Escape to insure.
Sponsored

OP
OP

olly12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
I used Amica and got a really good rate. Geico is awful don't use them
Called Amica they said they couldn't even give me a quote because Bronco Sport is not in their system. Said they were pushing it to another team to check on.

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
I added mine to my Progressive policy completely online, just needed the VIN.

KRYSTAL11375

Big Bend
First Name
Krystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Ford F150
State Farm has already given me a quote and I haven't gotten mine yet. But it's already in their system. Mine is pretty much the same as my Fusion, so I'm happy.

Speedgrizz

Outer Banks
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 F250, 1984 Chrysler Fifth Avenue
Added mine to our American Family policy, had to call as they hadn’t updated all the 2021 vehicles yet. Cost 5 dollars more every 6 months than the Scion it replaced

Geojive

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I’m think it won’t be that much more. Cars with collision avoidance and veritable cruise control tend to be cheaper so even though a 4x4 might be more to insure hopefully the safety features cancel out the 4x4.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Traded my 2015 Transit Connect XLT wagon, for my Sport Base model, rate went up a C-note and a half. I pay the whole year all at once. Not bad for a six year newer vehicle ya think :p
I was very happy.
Big strong Insurance companies don't need anything more than the VIN.
If anyone Is getting jacked around over a Bronco Sports value, that's a good sign they are trying to milk you and you need another Insurance company.

Sargent28

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Mustang
Can confirm USAA has it in theirs.

Freeskierdude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 CRV
Called Amica they said they couldn't even give me a quote because Bronco Sport is not in their system. Said they were pushing it to another team to check on.
oh interesting! The agent sent the vin number to a colleague and they have everything squared away in 5 minutes when I called. It ended up being like 1100 a year for me with renters insurance, 1 million umbrella and basically maxed out liability + comprehensive and collision

Freeskierdude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 CRV
I’m think it won’t be that much more. Cars with collision avoidance and veritable cruise control tend to be cheaper so even though a 4x4 might be more to insure hopefully the safety features cancel out the 4x4.
exactly this! my insurance cost went down dramatically because of that

NavyBOFH

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Might need to create a thread of insurance rate comparisons - as best as possible since everyone in different locations can have different results.

I just replaced my Colorado ZR2 with a BB trim Sport... and my insurance stayed literally the same price! I would have thought with all the standard features and smaller size I would have seen a "lesser risk" in terms of insurance.

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
Insurance rates are different in every state in the country so price shopping nationally doesn't work. Only rates in your state would be relevant to you.

Your new car likely has more safety features but maybe it's higher replacement value is offsetting that? IDK what your other vehicle's value was. If you kept the same limits/coverage, I wouldn't expect a huge difference either way.
Sponsored