Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
TECTICO LED Side Marker Lights, Plug N Play Side Marker Accessories Compatible with Bronco Sport Base/Big Bend/Outer Banks/Badlands/First Edition 2021 2022 2023, Amber https://a.co/d/cnPTe01

Super easy install happy to answer any questions about the process.

Ford Bronco Sport Installed Tectico Plug’N’Play side marker lights today C51325CC-B30E-4652-9160-44BAF793306B
Sponsored

Last edited:

_fartheraway

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Looks sick 👌🏼
Did you wire them to have signal light functionality or just as running lights? What was the hardest part of the install?

OP
OP
Chiefthepup

Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Looks sick 👌🏼
Did you wire them to have signal light functionality or just as running lights? What was the hardest part of the install?
Thanks!
The plug n play functionality only works in tandem with the headlights/existing marker light on front bumper. So essentially when the doors are opened and if I turn my headlights on they are turned on. Signal lights would have been awesome but really don’t trust myself to splice into the existing wiring.
hardest part Was getting the o.e.m plastic piece out which wasn’t very hard. Ended up using long skinny pliers and clamping both sides of the metal tabs to squeeze them through the gap and removing the piece.
I found if you open the car door you have access from both front and back sides of the piece.

Nosmo Rex

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I'm going to have to do this before the weather turns. Did you do the fender flares as well?

OP
OP
Chiefthepup

Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I'm going to have to do this before the weather turns. Did you do the fender flares as well?
Awesome! It’s honestly crazy easy. Assuming you go with the plug n play route. And yeah I got the rough country pocket fender flares & I do not recommend. They leave like an inch gap of the existing fenders still showing on the bottom edges. I’ll have to take a pic next time I go out it drives me nuts lol.

OP
OP
Chiefthepup

Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Here’s photos of the rough country fender flares. You can either push them all the way to one side to reach the bottom and leave the other side more exposed or leave each side equally exposed. Maybe that’s how flares are supposed to sit but it bugs me personally.

Ford Bronco Sport Installed Tectico Plug’N’Play side marker lights today 8671FF72-8943-4DDC-A2E7-65546AE3DA78

Ford Bronco Sport Installed Tectico Plug’N’Play side marker lights today 6D9EA4CF-300E-4773-9A6F-FE79CD4900C7

Ford Bronco Sport Installed Tectico Plug’N’Play side marker lights today 944A18D6-D762-4702-A79B-EBF777B74ADA

Nosmo Rex

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here’s photos of the rough country fender flares. You can either push them all the way to one side to reach the bottom and leave the other side more exposed or leave each side equally exposed. Maybe that’s how flares are supposed to sit but it bugs me personally.

Ford Bronco Sport Installed Tectico Plug’N’Play side marker lights today 8671FF72-8943-4DDC-A2E7-65546AE3DA78

Ford Bronco Sport Installed Tectico Plug’N’Play side marker lights today 6D9EA4CF-300E-4773-9A6F-FE79CD4900C7

Ford Bronco Sport Installed Tectico Plug’N’Play side marker lights today 944A18D6-D762-4702-A79B-EBF777B74ADA
Yeah - my OCD would not care for that. I ordered the Tectico kit - it arrives tomorrow.

OP
OP
Chiefthepup

Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Yeah - my OCD would not care for that. I ordered the Tectico kit - it arrives tomorrow.
Awesome! Assuming you got it from Amazon, it won’t come with any instructions whatsoever, mine didn’t anyways. So I found this on tecticos website and used it as reference. I also watched this YouTube video to see exactly how the oem plastic piece sits in their. His wiring won’t apply for the plug and play but great reference for the plastic piece. I’ll take a short clip of how I ran my wires for you as well next time I go out. 👍
Also, I didn’t remove the existing marker light on front bumper to access the plug. I just removed the 2 bottom plastic pins in The wheel well and was able to access everything by sticking my hand in. I hope that helps!

Ford Bronco Sport Installed Tectico Plug’N’Play side marker lights today 0FEF31B8-C0F7-485B-A689-7F2A785D6707

OP
OP
Chiefthepup

Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I hope this helps at all. I’m sure there is better ways to run the wire. I will eventually run it through that corrugated wire tubing I ran the nudge bar lights through but I installed these on an hour before a road trip so called it good.

Nosmo Rex

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hope this helps at all. I’m sure there is better ways to run the wire. I will eventually run it through that corrugated wire tubing I ran the nudge bar lights through but I installed these on an hour before a road trip so called it good.

Amazing. Thanks very much, Colt!

JKauf55

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Yup, super easy to install!!! Now I’m thinking to get the other harnes and making them blinkers as well lol…

Jdiditz

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Just received mine over the weekend. So what's the trick in taking off the oem cover? They look really nice. I also noticed you said they where easy to install. how long did it roughly take to do?

OP
OP
Chiefthepup

Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Just received mine over the weekend. So what's the trick in taking off the oem cover? They look really nice. I also noticed you said they where easy to install. how long did it roughly take to do?
I ended up using long needle nose plyers to reach in and pinch both sides simultaneously than pulled/pushed it out. You have to move the firewall out of the way and open the car door (careful not to scratch your paint it gets a bit tight In that spot) to have access on both sides
The first side took me maybe 20 min as I was learning as I went and the other side probably 10 min. Than spent another 10 min running/zip tying the wires to the side walls of the engine bay 👍
I’ll post a pic i what I’m talking about when I go on lunch 👍

OP
OP
Chiefthepup

Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Here’s a little clip of me explaining how I got it out. The YouTube clip I posted earlier in this thread the dude explains it pretty well too. I started with the top on than the bottom and the middle kind of just snapped out after. It’ll feel like the new ones won’t want to snap in but I promise if you push as hard as you can it’ll snap into place.