I'm in! Keeping it simple, started with a BASE. Viewer discretion is advised.

WILD HORSES

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Broncos and more Broncos
I said I wouldn't get one but there's now a 2021 Bronco Sport in the WILD HORSES corral. These started showing up at the dealerships and I went OCD for a few days looking. Found my blank canvas (white BASE) at Walnut Creek Ford, they were great. I think this is my first car that gets over 20 mpg so that's nice. It won't stay stock for long. Here are our before pics. Stay tuned if you are interested in seeing the changes.

Background info: WILD HORSES is a supplier of classic 66-79 Ford Bronco parts. We have designed many parts for those years. It should be fun to turn some wrenches on a vehicle where the bolts don't break. If you have a classic you know.

Jim

Ford Bronco Sport I'm in! Keeping it simple, started with a BASE. Viewer discretion is advised. IMG_3584.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport I'm in! Keeping it simple, started with a BASE. Viewer discretion is advised. IMG_3581.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport I'm in! Keeping it simple, started with a BASE. Viewer discretion is advised. IMG_3580.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport I'm in! Keeping it simple, started with a BASE. Viewer discretion is advised. IMG_3583.JPG
Sponsored

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
Looking forward to seeing what you do to your ride.

BamaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Here's mud in your eye! We took the bone stock base out to get in some basic mild off road and we found a mud hole. Now that we have done that in stock form time for some upgrades.
Got mine muddied-up today too. Will post pics and story on another thread soon.

How deep was the mud hole you went through? Did you ever scrape bottom on anything? How difficult would you classify the trail/terrain/mud hole?

OP
OP
WILD HORSES

WILD HORSES

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Broncos and more Broncos
The hole on both sides was about as deep as the ground clearance underneath. Basically two tire track holes with the high spot in the middle. I don't have skid plate so I'm not going to do anything to crazy. We managed to just scrape the bottom. As for difficulty I would give it a 4 out of 10 Bronco Sport rating. I have to add Bronco Sport rating because of my rock crawling back ground. This baby Bronco is just not following me in the 1974. Nor do I think it was intended to. We will wait for the full size for that test. It's comfortable and gets better gas mileage than anything I've ever owned. As time permits we will take it on some more challenging trails but we did get our feet wet so o speak. Here's something we put together as our intro to the WILD HORSES Bronco Sport.
Jim

OP
OP
WILD HORSES

WILD HORSES

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Broncos and more Broncos
Couple of quick changes. I turned it into a Big Bend, sort of. I like the look of the black top but I don't think you can get this on a BASE. I had the top wrapped and tinted the windows.

For tires I found a stock size Yokohama Geolander G003 mud tire 225/65R17. May go bigger later on. Baby mud tire on baby Bronco.
Ford Bronco Sport I'm in! Keeping it simple, started with a BASE. Viewer discretion is advised. IMG_3610.JPG
Ford Bronco Sport I'm in! Keeping it simple, started with a BASE. Viewer discretion is advised. IMG_3611.JPG
Ford Bronco Sport I'm in! Keeping it simple, started with a BASE. Viewer discretion is advised. IMG_3616.JPG
Ford Bronco Sport I'm in! Keeping it simple, started with a BASE. Viewer discretion is advised. IMG_3612.JPG

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
Couple of quick changes. I turned it into a Big Bend, sort of. I like the look of the black top but I don't think you can get this on a BASE. I had the top wrapped and tinted the windows.

For tires I found a stock size Yokohama Geolander G003 mud tire 225/65R17. May go bigger later on. Baby mud tire on baby Bronco.
Ford Bronco Sport I'm in! Keeping it simple, started with a BASE. Viewer discretion is advised. IMG_3610.JPG
Ford Bronco Sport I'm in! Keeping it simple, started with a BASE. Viewer discretion is advised. IMG_3611.JPG
Ford Bronco Sport I'm in! Keeping it simple, started with a BASE. Viewer discretion is advised. IMG_3616.JPG
Ford Bronco Sport I'm in! Keeping it simple, started with a BASE. Viewer discretion is advised. IMG_3612.JPG

Like the black top. I may do this on my BB.
Sponsored