Babybronc21

Babybronc21

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport First Edition
the question was more what would you buy; I have a list a mile long 😂

appreciate reading all the responses though.
Sponsored

RPYLE50

Outer Banks
First Name
Rowdy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
If I had $2000 just given to me: Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail Tires (235/60/R18), Powdercoat OEM Outer Banks wheels all Gloss Black, and then 1.5 HRG lift. (I'm probably over the $2k limit). :)

OP
OP
Babybronc21

Babybronc21

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’d like mine to be a bit higher, like the badlands. Thinking about a big Bronco just because I like to be up a bit higher. How much would it run and how many inches would it need??
I don’t know if the badlands or first edition are that much higher and think its more due to offroad suspension kit which I think is springs but maybe 1 inch which I like because it’s factory but if you’re going for an aftermarket lift Id go 1.5 to 2 inches but some on here have done more than that.

OP
OP
Babybronc21

Babybronc21

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I had $2000 just given to me: Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail Tires (235/60/R18), Powdercoat OEM Outer Banks wheels all Gloss Black, and then 1.5 HRG lift. (I'm probably over the $2k limit). :)
I was eyeing the Falken AT4s - great looking tire. Yes I think you’re surely up and over the 2k mark but its only paper 😉

OP
OP
Babybronc21

Babybronc21

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've spent about 2K on mods for my 24 Badlands.
First, add back the parts that Ford removed in their cost cutting efforts over the last 3 years.
After that, appearance and convenience items, such as window air deflectors, bug deflector for hood, interior appearance fru-fru, bumper cover, dash cover, sun shade, console tray, storage tray behind center screen, custom license plate frames, cell phone holder. (all those little $20 items add up fast), and if you can find one - here it comes - engine cover and mounting hardware. :) If you're not done accessorizing, you might as buy a couple key fob covers.
Next, safety items if you have a hitch receiver and either go off-road or drive in snowy weather conditions: tow point, ball and hitch, kinetic rope, soft shackles.
Lastly, exterior fru-fru: stripes, stickers, 3-D kicking bronco emblem for hatch (got to have that!), and perhaps other emblems.
With all that, I just ate up my X-Plan discount and then some.
Thankfully my 21 first edition came with most of these items. I totally agreed the $20 here there adds up FAST!

OP
OP
Babybronc21

Babybronc21

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think the 2.0 needs a tune. In sport mode, it's a right little beast. If anything I'd do a full suspension swap to the Flatout Suspensions GR Plus. I wouldn't mind adding some accent decals/stripping but I hate the gaudy stuff or "look at me" crap and just can't decide on that front.
Agree with taking the exterior flashy stuff too far. My BS FE came with the hood cowl but now come spring it’s coming off. I really want to mod and accessorize but want it functional; other than keeping glare off hood.

OP
OP
Babybronc21

Babybronc21

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BabyBronc21:

I have a 23 Badlands and have made just about all the mods I can think of (not exhaust stuff). Lift kit, Spacers(eventually will replace the tires, but these are new), lights, JCR skid plates, JCR Rock Sliders, etc.

Like everyone else said, it really depends on what you are going for.

Lifts are going to reduce gas mileage and change handling, so will off road tires, etc.

I live in Dallas and drive at high speed for long periods of time (like 80-90 mph, no I'm not being stupid, that is survival in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Lousiana, and that can be IN CITY).

Anyway, the single best mod I made was the Ford Ranger Lifts 1.75" Lift Kit. Though I lifted it for the aesthetics, I found that it changed the way it drove/handled in the best way possible.

I confess, I might have gone for the 2.5" HRG if it was out then (I don't think it was). But the Ford Ranger 1.75" lift with installation will run right around$2K.

I have a full set of JCR underarmor (except for the Bash Plate which doesn't work on the Badlands), and the JCR Sliders.

After the lift, before the sliders, I got alot of looks on the road,because I had really good clearance (I think like 11"). Even higher than most stock jeeps. But after the sliders, I lost about 2".

I'm still glad I have them (I have been off road once and want to do more), but I do hate the tradeoff. The skid plates likely saved me some damage to the vehicle as I'm a complete noob.

Love my Sport (Lakota).

Anyway, I hope you enjoy whatever you land on.

F
This is true!! I understand why many add lifts but the BS FE came with about an inch offroad kit/springs so Im not likely going to add an aftermarket lift beyond that… yet 😉

ive had spacers in previous cars but didn’t know enough about offsets or have the patience to pick a wheel that would achieve the look w/o spacers. Will hopefully be grabbing some new wheels and tires soon so I can’t say I won’t do spacers but will try to avoid if possible.

A decent skid plate would be a nice addition. Have fun with Lakota (great name btw) 😀

JohnSilver

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
low profile roof rack you'll be looking at about $1,000 there (yucca, rhino rack, yakima, spidernodrill). I got a 1.5 suspension from rough country gave it about a 1.75in raise $700. 1in wheel spacers $200. 245/65 AT tires will be another $800-$1000. Method Wheels were about $900 which gave slightly more offset along with the spacers. Grill Mount and Light Bar were about $200. My suggestion is to just buy bits and pieces at a time. Some things you may get and realize you don't like them.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Babybronc21

Babybronc21

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
low profile roof rack you'll be looking at about $1,000 there (yucca, rhino rack, yakima, spidernodrill). I got a 1.5 suspension from rough country gave it about a 1.75in raise $700. 1in wheel spacers $200. 245/65 AT tires will be another $800-$1000. Method Wheels were about $900 which gave slightly more offset along with the spacers. Grill Mount and Light Bar were about $200. My suggestion is to just buy bits and pieces at a time. Somethings you may get and realize you don't like them.
Thank you for the rack options. It’s on my list for sure. Your ride looks fabulous - I enjoy watching the build. 🙌🏼

JohnSilver

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Thank you for the rack options. It’s on my list for sure. Your ride looks fabulous - I enjoy watching the build. 🙌🏼
Well thank you, I have it pretty much all set to where I want, but after a good 6 months of running the basket I'm going to switch back to a rhino rack pioneer platform. The basket has been great but it really does not fit the amount of things I want up there.