If it disappoints, what will you drive?

BroncoBuyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
. In most cases, the actual dollar difference between a vehicle with good or bad resale is not that big after 10 years.
Yes most cases for sure. The exception is Wranglers, Raptors and dang sure Broncos..
Sponsored

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra, Mini Countryman S
Yes most cases for sure. The exception is Wranglers, Raptors and dang sure Broncos..
It's a little tough to forecast how well the Bronco will hold its value, since we don't even know its value yet. Or am I wrong?

Jalisurr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution, '09 Corvette Z06, '08 ZX-6R
It's a little tough to forecast how well the Bronco will hold its value, since we don't even know its value yet. Or am I wrong?
Offroad focused vehicles seem to hold their values very well in general. The Wrangler, Raptor, and 4Runner all are at the top of the best resale value lists. It's not unreasonable to expect that the Bronco will hold its value quite well unless the pricing is completely out of wack with what you would expect (similar price range to a wrangler).

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra, Mini Countryman S
Offroad focused vehicles seem to hold their values very well in general. The Wrangler, Raptor, and 4Runner all are at the top of the best resale value lists. It's not unreasonable to expect that the Bronco will hold its value quite well unless the pricing is completely out of wack with what you would expect (similar price range to a wrangler).
You're probably right.

BroncoBuyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Sure it could be a big nasty money losing flop for Ford.. (over priced, poor ratings, not nearly as capable as promised, ugly) anything can happen.
We will all know when it finally gets revealed which will be long before anybody can actually put money on the line.
If the forum blows up for days after the reveal and nobody can stop talking about it (in a good way) you can pretty much count on it being a smart money buy for early adopters.

Last edited:

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
assorted
If the Bronco winds up sucking I'm going to keep driving hoopties until I can import a Pajero Evo, preferably in white.

Ford Bronco Sport If it disappoints, what will you drive? 800px-Mitsubishi_pajero-evolution_I

Of course the Bronco doesn't suck and we get one, I might still try to get a white Pajero Evo because come one, just look at it ...

Jalisurr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution, '09 Corvette Z06, '08 ZX-6R
If the Bronco winds up sucking I'm going to keep driving hoopties until I can import a Pajero Evo, preferably in white.

Ford Bronco Sport If it disappoints, what will you drive? 800px-Mitsubishi_pajero-evolution_I

Of course the Bronco doesn't suck and we get one, I might still try to get a white Pajero Evo because come one, just look at it ...
If the Bronco doesn't suck I'll have a silver Pajero Evo for sale...

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
I have a few on my list. 4Runner, maybe Tacoma (I have kids and that back seat is TINY).

Bronco is, so far, at the top of the list...If the styling is on-point and the interior is on-point and there's a Raptor version.

Outlier that may win the day: Defender.

Rogues Gambit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
2dr Wrangler

Im actually only looking at the Bronco as it's the ultimate rival and it comes with a turbo and manual at the same time

Mr B

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 f-350 4x4 supercab shortbox dually 6 speed manual. 2011 mustang gt 6 speed. 1984 Mustang SVO. 1995 Jeep Wrangler.
I'm admittedly a fanboy for the revival of the Bronco. I love bringing back the old nameplates, and the current generation of vehicles is sadly lacking rugged, all-terrain oriented options. I'll curse the powers that be if the new Bronco disappoints, but I will probably have worn out my Ranger by the time it releases. I was thinking about what I would consider if the Bronco goes the way of the new "Blazer". What are your back-up alternatives?
if the Bronco disappoints I will go to the new Jeep Rubicon 6 speed manual.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape, '09 Mercury Mariner, '17 Suzuki V-Strom 650, '80 Kawasaki KZ750 (Bought new)
Probably look at the "Baby" Bronco, or next-gen Ranger. Or just stay with the two I have: '18 Escape and an '09 Mercury Mariner (favorite of the two).

Rogues Gambit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro