LR McDouble

Outer Banks
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I have some experience making GPTs for my tax preparation business. I made one that digested a 2021 Bronco Sport owner's manual and want to share that with anyone that wants it and has a GPT subscription. I spent about 2 hours working out a custom script for the fuse box locations since that is pretty important. Originally it was getting all the fuses wrong, and there was nothing I could do to correct it. Now every fuse is accurate and has locations and ratings and numbers. You can ask it things like "My vehicle is at 18,000 miles, what are some upcoming services that I need to do based on my mileage" or "What fuse is the heated steering wheel" etc...

Here is the link: https://chat.openai.com/g/g-kJ3tT9dzW-bronco-buddy

Please provide any suggestions or problems you run into as I would like to make this as accurate as possible for myself and others.
Sponsored

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
What is a GPT?

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
It’s a form of Artificial Intelligence. Most of what we are seeing out there are “Large Language Models” (LLM), but in this case it was a relatively small language model based on the contents of the BS owner’s manual.

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the explanation.

OP
OP

LR McDouble

Outer Banks
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Thank you for the explanation.
It’s just AI that has been trained to perform a certain task. In this case it has been trained to memorize the owners manual and answer questions based on it.

coopny

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BS BL
While interesting, unfortunately ChatGPT has apparenly paywalled this, as it says "Requires ChatGPT Plus"...ChatGPT plus is a subscription which starts at $20/mo...

OP
OP

LR McDouble

Outer Banks
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
While interesting, unfortunately ChatGPT has apparenly paywalled this, as it says "Requires ChatGPT Plus"...ChatGPT plus is a subscription which starts at $20/mo...
Yeah it uses gpt-4 to read documents. However, if you have time to research and learn about it, Chat-GPT in the last year has become one of the most helpful and informational tools i’ve ever been exposed to. Though a small learning curve, the amount of time chat gpt has saved me is almost priceless. But if I had to put a price on it, I would pay easily $100 a month for it. So the $20 a month to me is justified.

OP
OP

LR McDouble

Outer Banks
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Also according to Sam Altman, OpenAI founder, once GPT-5 comes out, 4 will become free, so this will be available to everyone. Unknown when that will be though.
Sponsored