I had to!

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I don’t know Fedex is pretty incompetent. I’m curious how there still in business.
Oh I get it, my son had a summer job with UPS and used to trash on FedSux. But the Seminole USPS center specifically is notorious for being the worst hub in the country. They receive containers of mail/packages and scan it as an entire shipment. Then sort items and ship at their convenience. Your tracking shows moving through the shipping process but that's because they don't scan individual items. Envelopes and boxes can sit on the floor for weeks, but the container it came in was scanned and shows it's moving. That's how they get around efficiency ratings. It's terrifying. If I see something processed through Orlando I just add an extra week or month to my wait.
Sponsored

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2
FedEx is pretty reliable in my area

as a volume shipper the rates I get from FedEx compared to other carriers are enough of a difference that we can tolerate a couple of lost packages . ( we check rates with FedEx and UPS every year)

I have received more damaged goods from UPS then from FedEx (probably something to do with how the local hubs operate more than the companies as a whole )
I don't know about that, I've had nothing but trouble with FedEx. I had a $3500 leather interior kit for my Jag XKE delivered to the wrong address and had to go retrieve it myself. Recently my wife had an overnight signature required package of a medical injection she needs that FedEx said they couldn't deliver because no one was home. I was in the front yard working on the lawn the time they said was attempted. The security camera at the front door showed no attempt. After several calls it was finally delivered and just thrown on the front porch. Unlike you I can't and won't tolerate a lost package. The only delivery service worse that Fed Ex is the USPS.

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'll admit, I was hoping to have enough points left over, my Ford order capped out the freebies so I just paid for a cool bronco shirt. Problem is, that's coming through the mail via Seminole/Orlando USPS by far the WORST distribution center in America.
Interesting you should mention the Seminole/Orlando USPS. I bought things two different times from a guy in that area and the first time it went from there to San Francisco, then to Oakland, then to San Jose. I then got notifications that it left San Jose 4 different times/days but never came back. Ultimately I got the stuff though, but what an experience.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
FedEx is pretty reliable in my area

as a volume shipper the rates I get from FedEx compared to other carriers are enough of a difference that we can tolerate a couple of lost packages . ( we check rates with FedEx and UPS every year)

I have received more damaged goods from UPS then from FedEx (probably something to do with how the local hubs operate more than the companies as a whole )
It must be regional, because here at work i have an account with fedx and i never call them my experiences have been so poor.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Interesting you should mention the Seminole/Orlando USPS. I bought things two different times from a guy in that area and the first time it went from there to San Francisco, then to Oakland, then to San Jose. I then got notifications that it left San Jose 4 different times/days but never came back. Ultimately I got the stuff though, but what an experience.
Yep absolute nightmare experience with them. Even our branch said if you can avoid them, avoid that area. USPS has internal jokes about how not to be them

OP
OP
Fink

Fink

Big Bend
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I ain’t gonna lie guys I’m a FedEx driver. I know the terminal I’m in is full of morons. As for your deliveries once it hits your station it’s just lazy drivers. Almost every day I’m in there going off on the managers because they screwed something up on my route. My customers love me. Only because if they have an issue I’ll get it worked out for them.
maybe 1 time a year I’ll have a stupid moment and I’ll misdeliver a package and it’s usually next door. I’ll admit when I’m wrong.

OP
OP
Fink

Fink

Big Bend
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
But really Fedex is bad. I try to have ups deliver my stuff. The shit isn’t as beat up. If I’m getting body panels I don’t want Fedex touching it, it will come mangled.

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
But really Fedex is bad. I try to have ups deliver my stuff. The shit isn’t as beat up. If I’m getting body panels I don’t want Fedex touching it, it will come mangled.
Hi Fink . I run a warehouse in my experience we get more damaged with UPS than with FedEx ( probably this is due to the local hubs )
on the miss delivery side I have very few issues with ether company on inbound packages
I use FedEx and won’t switch unless I get better rates elsewhere. We have tried but can’t (also FedEx has nicer software then UPS , we have great relationships with the account reps and the local contractors)

for outbound packages we have maybe 2-3 per year confirmed miss deliveries

in my experience Amazon logistics ( AKA the prime vans )is the worst delivery service. Over 40% of packages are miss delivered.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Ehh UPS isn't perfect either. The stories my son told of how stuff is handled. The world is full of morons. Need more guys like you!!

OP
OP
Fink

Fink

Big Bend
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I guess it will depend on the terminal. I love my job, customers offer me jobs where they work or at their business. I refuse. Plus if I went away they may get screwed. I plus I like petting the puppies and dogs. Just a bonus.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I guess it will depend on the terminal. I love my job, customers offer me jobs where they work or at their business. I refuse. Plus if I went away they may get screwed. I plus I like petting the puppies and dogs. Just a bonus.
Absolutely. You’re probably propping up that whole company where you are.

OP
OP
Fink

Fink

Big Bend
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Absolutely. You’re probably propping up that whole company where you are.
Not just me several drivers. We see our customers daily so become more than just a delivery driver. Some become friends. One of my customers and me ride motorcycles together. I’ve been invited to go off-roading with a customer out on their property. You get some good connections from just doing your job and help them out if needed.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
I don't have problems with UPS or Fedex , now USPS is really screwed up , I have a signed letter sent a couple cities over & its been a month & it shows its still in on its way , they truly suck .
Sponsored