Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco Sport
You'd have to relocate the ECU. cutting off the bottom of the bumper, will expose the ECU housing to the elements and debris.
Ecu is in the wheel well plastic. That wiring harness wouldn’t be in any different situation with an alloy vs plastic bumper. Camera is up just under the letters.

EndrMinr wouldn’t even need to cut anything, there are joints between the grill, painted bumper cover, and the black part
Ford Bronco Sport How to remove front bumper! B42E2F9E-553A-47AE-BE2B-97BAAA0DD58A
Sponsored

Delfim Brazil

Badlands
First Name
DELFIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO SPORT
This is Part 1 of a tutorial on how to remove your bumper. My ultimate goal was the removal and painting of my tow hooks, but I will make a new post to show that process and the additional steps/considerations needed for editions with the front facing camera and tow hooks.
This was my very first time ever removing a bumper and it was a little intimidating... but once I got in there I was patient, I made sure I thought about what I was doing before I made any decisions and I believed in myself.
Now that I have done it once, I feel like I could do it again pretty easily with minimal complication. I have not reinstalled it quite yet as I am letting my hooks dry and I am thinking I might as well figure out how/where to run my switch wiring with the bumper already pulled (I think that means I won't be able to drive Buck for a few days! :( )
Hope the tutorial helps! If ya'll have any questions just shoot me a line! ANd don't forget to follow @Buck_n_PennyPerrion on Insta to keep up on our shenanigans!

sneaky peaky at them hooks! <3 <3 <3
Ford Bronco Sport How to remove front bumper! IMG_3379[1].JPG
Hello
Could you kindlu send me the link with the tutorial to remove the fronte bumper.
Thanks a lot for your help.
BT
Delfim

Andrezzi

First Edition
First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Hello
Could you kindlu send me the link with the tutorial to remove the fronte bumper.
BT
Delfim
Can you take tow hooks off without removing bumper ?

OP
OP
Johnperrion

Johnperrion

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hello
BT
Delfim
Sorry for the super late reply. Do you still need the info? I will send.

Nolavet504

Base
First Name
Jermey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I’m having hard time locating my bolts for driver side when I pull back liner this is all I see

Ford Bronco Sport How to remove front bumper! 9E1A2120-CB52-42AE-945D-97B823173DE4

BroncoFan1

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Does anyone know if it's possible to remove just the lower part of the front bumper without having to remove the whole bumper? Like right below the grill where the black plastic is.

nny_bronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Does anyone know if it's possible to remove just the lower part of the front bumper without having to remove the whole bumper? Like right below the grill where the black plastic is.
They can only be separated after the whole front end is taken off

EPaigeB

Base
First Name
Paige
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Hi, new here! Do you know if I can add the hooks to my sport base model? I know the cutouts on the bumper aren’t there but I see where the hooks would go if the holes were there. Are all frames able to accept the hooks, just different models come with different bumpers?

Thoconnor

First Edition
First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco sport
I have a quick question, how long did it take for you to take over the front bumper and then put it back on? I ordered some custom painted BRONCO lettering for the grill and a local ford dealership quoted me for 4.8 hours of labor costs to switch out the letters from black to orange (I have the orange first edition model).

Thank you for the tutorial!

rmoretzsky

Outer Banks
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Looking to try and add hooks to my OB; finally got someone to confirm that it definitely should be possible. Worked with my dealer to order the parts and bolt kit. One remaining question is are the hooks threaded into something or is there also a nut/washer kit somewhere and a part number that anyone is aware of if so?

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
Regarding the ECU - it is in a brain dead location. If the vehicle is going to get seriously pounded on, it should get moved anyway up top out of the way.
I do not know much about automotive electrics, but it should be possible to do that without destroying everything. Perhaps a plug and “extension” cord? No clue, but moving it shouldn’t be impossible.
Eventually though, the point of diminishing returns will be reached if you have to pay people to do the work. At that point, buy a used Jeep and have at it ???
Sponsored