How good will the non-Badlands trims be at off-roading?

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
All I know is when I lift a wheel on my BASE model it does not turn into a ONE wheel drive like the Subaru’s do.
And when I’m climbing my really loose when it’s super dry gravel at a 14% grade I can come to a dead stop and re start with some pretty decent acceleration power and not even hear a single rock break loose, and not slip a single tire.
BUT !!
The two Subaru’s and the one AWD Rav-4 Toy, If they come to a stop on my grades they have to
BACK ALL the WAY back down to the level section and restart from there.
Truth is none of those AWD vehicles will even attempt it when things are dry now.
They learned.
I watched the Subaru from the side of the road once.
That was embarrassing.
Sponsored

dakman

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
A bl may get me places I never plan on going but my bb has gotten me everywhere I want to go with no problems. I was originally planning on getting a bl but 18k in the bb tells me I'm fine. I like my Bronco a lot.

Ford Bronco Sport How good will the non-Badlands trims be at off-roading? bb1.JPG

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
While I haven’t gone 4 wheeling with her we did go out in the middle of a blizzard with 2 feet of snow in 2021 and she was a trooper...
I see you suffer the same frozen wiper problem as me. I thought the old days of reaching out the window to pop the wiper were over and done with. Not so fast I guess!

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
I see you suffer the same frozen wiper problem as me. I thought the old days of reaching out the window to pop the wiper were over and done with. Not so fast I guess!
Nope I guess not. Maybe if we had an option for a Heated Windshield would probably solve that problem

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Here is a Big Bend with lift kit and bigger tires on an off road course:

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Got a 1.5inch lift and some falken a/t trails on my outerbanks and went down some pretty bad trails in my area and it did perfectly fine. I had it on 3 wheels climbing a sandy hill BUT eventually got stuck in some mud by accidentally backing down a different path than what i initially went through. Still very impressed with my OB.
Ford Bronco Sport How good will the non-Badlands trims be at off-roading? received_387519216597668
Ford Bronco Sport How good will the non-Badlands trims be at off-roading? received_562009821902121

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It is likely more capable than what most people are willing to try with it.

With the standard tires and drivers offroad driving ability being the limiting factors.

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
They only way to learn some limits is to exceed them.
As i said i backed down a trail so i was going in reverse and then i just felt my vehicle sink, it was about a 20ft mudpit and i was only a few feet away from being out, so id say if i had been going forward with some momentum i would have easily made it through. Mistake on my end but you live and you learn.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Cool to see people going on off road adventures and making memories.

Bill G

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Badlands, 66 Tiger
Nice pics — looks like you had fun. And, yes the Sport is more than enough for what most of us will do. Unfortunately for the owner, it looks like that Chevy was a stolen that the thief decided to trash when he was done with it; still humorous if it’s not yours (I’m a little off plumb).

Bill G

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Badlands, 66 Tiger
Yeah, car dumping ground could cause problems. At least it‘s out there — my street was a stolen dump ground for a short time a while back. Finally got enough police interest to put a stop to it.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
Pics never seem to do justice of how gnarly a trail was. And im usually alone so no one else to help take shots. But there's definitely some fun to be had out there in this thing!
Ford Bronco Sport How good will the non-Badlands trims be at off-roading? 20220911_090636
Ford Bronco Sport How good will the non-Badlands trims be at off-roading? 20221017_155400
Ford Bronco Sport How good will the non-Badlands trims be at off-roading? 20221017_113849

Ford Bronco Sport How good will the non-Badlands trims be at off-roading? 20221018_083032
Ford Bronco Sport How good will the non-Badlands trims be at off-roading? 20220225_124117

Ford Bronco Sport How good will the non-Badlands trims be at off-roading? 20221006_134054

Dashcam footage.
https://tinyurl.com/3erwezdy
i see you are also rockin the Jetboil. that's a gamechanger for anyone camping. great pics!
Sponsored