How are you finding front seat size and comfort?

PetariJ

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I thought it was in my head, but I have the exact same problem. The left side of the seat is definitely lower to the plastic housing and less firm. An odd issue.
It’s such a bizarre issue. Thanks for sharing. Let me know if you get it checked out
Sponsored

PetariJ

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I thought it was in my head, but I have the exact same problem. The left side of the seat is definitely lower to the plastic housing and less firm. An odd issue.
So after taking the vehicle for a second opinion despite a cushion replacement 5 weeks ago from dealer 1, the second dealership noted my seat was not put back correctly and the new cushion was installed improperly. Immediately called Ford Customer Service to get it resolved since dealership 1 said that there were no further issues.

GrueBronco

Badlands
First Name
s.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want Badlands
well folks, i''m bummed. i got a chance to sit in a used bronco big bend, 2000mi. played around with the seating position and unfortuately it's not going to work for me. i have some circulation issues with my legs, plus knee and hip. and being bigger it's just not going to work out for me :( this is such a great vehicle, i mean i've seen videos on youtube showing what this thing can do and the awd has got to be hands down the best in a suv for off roading. but one of the issues is, i need this to be more of a daily drive as well as 2-3hr trips. i already face having to stop every hour or so to get out and walk around. and i just feel this is not as good a fit as i need it to be. ugh. it's just another kick-ass that i can't get like a miata (mx5 for younger folk). the big bronco is out b/c man that' a beast! so i don't need that. i'll continue my search but one thing i need to do which i rarely ever did before, is go to a couple of dealers and sit in as many as i can to see what seems good.

i might poke around from time to time to see how everyone is doing and look for pics of your adventures. till next time....

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
well folks, i''m bummed. i got a chance to sit in a used bronco big bend, 2000mi. played around with the seating position and unfortuately it's not going to work for me. i have some circulation issues with my legs, plus knee and hip. and being bigger it's just not going to work out for me :( this is such a great vehicle, i mean i've seen videos on youtube showing what this thing can do and the awd has got to be hands down the best in a suv for off roading. but one of the issues is, i need this to be more of a daily drive as well as 2-3hr trips. i already face having to stop every hour or so to get out and walk around. and i just feel this is not as good a fit as i need it to be. ugh. it's just another kick-ass that i can't get like a miata (mx5 for younger folk). the big bronco is out b/c man that' a beast! so i don't need that. i'll continue my search but one thing i need to do which i rarely ever did before, is go to a couple of dealers and sit in as many as i can to see what seems good.

i might poke around from time to time to see how everyone is doing and look for pics of your adventures. till next time....
Ford flex is lower and has bigger seats with memory positions. Drives like a car and has AWD. No dirt roads for this vehicle tho ?‍♂

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
I find the front seats really good. I have long legs and generally find short cushioned seats to be a no go, but the fact that the BS seat can be raised so high means weight isn’t all on my sit bones. In fact, after a five to six hour wander about the countryside on rough gravel, my backside doesn’t hurt at all.

The seating is very adjustable and quite good. I also really appreciate now easy the fabric is in the BB to clean. Ford was not kidding when they said it was tough stuff. A quick vacuum and wipe down with a damp microfibre cloth and they recover from muddy dogs quite nicely.

PetariJ

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
So my dealership installed my seat incorrectly, identified by another dealership. OG dealer finally figured out how to put the cushion on "correctly"? It feels 80% better. I am basically back to where I started, with the door side feeling lower and the console side feeling higher. I'm guessing this is no longer a cushion issue.

I saw that the 2020 Escapes had some issue with how the heating system was fitting under the driver seats and had to have them replaced. So now I'm wondering if the problem isn't that one side is lower, but really one side is higher due to pieces not fitting right. Again my passenger side feels great, so it isn't me.

Anyone have anymore experience with this?

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10177856-0001.pdf
Above is the 2020 Escape TSB

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
So my dealership installed my seat incorrectly, identified by another dealership. OG dealer finally figured out how to put the cushion on "correctly"? It feels 80% better. I am basically back to where I started, with the door side feeling lower and the console side feeling higher. I'm guessing this is no longer a cushion issue.

I saw that the 2020 Escapes had some issue with how the heating system was fitting under the driver seats and had to have them replaced. So now I'm wondering if the problem isn't that one side is lower, but really one side is higher due to pieces not fitting right. Again my passenger side feels great, so it isn't me.

Anyone have anymore experience with this?

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10177856-0001.pdf
Above is the 2020 Escape TSB
Just a thought,maybe at the factory they put a left seat on the right side and vis-à-vis. Take a look at that for a minute.hope you figure it out. Good luck.

Ford Bronco Sport How are you finding front seat size and comfort? 9374DEB6-F530-485F-A96C-A24A2EC0CC0B

PetariJ

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Just a thought,maybe at the factory they put a left seat on the right side and vis-à-vis. Take a look at that for a minute.hope you figure it out. Good luck.

Ford Bronco Sport How are you finding front seat size and comfort? 9374DEB6-F530-485F-A96C-A24A2EC0CC0B
Thanks for the suggestion! Any tips on how to really identify that?

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Thanks for the suggestion! Any tips on how to really identify that?
maybe measure from seat base on both sides and see if there is a difference,then measure the inside base . This is a guess on my part based on my thought. I really think this has meaning. Let us know.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maybe measure from seat base on both sides and see if there is a difference,then measure the inside base . This is a guess on my part based on my thought. I really think this has meaning. Let us know.
Try and post a picture of yours , there are a ton of knowledgeable owners on here. Maybe someone can spot a cause.

PetariJ

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Still haven’t solved this issue yet. Third dealership is replacing my cushion again Tuesday but I don’t think that’ll solve it. The sensation is that I want the whole left side of my chair to come up a quarter of an inch. Passenger seat continues to be fine. I’ll do some measuring and post some pictures. I’ve been looking at the structure of the chair and can’t figure out what in the photo could be off or easily checkable for me at home. More suggestions appreciated.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still haven’t solved this issue yet. Third dealership is replacing my cushion again Tuesday but I don’t think that’ll solve it. The sensation is that I want the whole left side of my chair to come up a quarter of an inch. Passenger seat continues to be fine. I’ll do some measuring and post some pictures. I’ve been looking at the structure of the chair and can’t figure out what in the photo could be off or easily checkable for me at home. More suggestions appreciated.
Try to take picture at the point they have the seat bottom off . Put a level across the seat frame at that point to check. See if that shows anything out of level. If so try to correct. Just a thought .

Ford Bronco Sport How are you finding front seat size and comfort? 54FA79F3-7D30-405A-AEB5-53421A7ACA13

Ford Bronco Sport How are you finding front seat size and comfort? B08F2339-3B00-4F27-BAAB-A0780B35484A

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Well I’m 5’ 11” weigh 150 lbs, and I went from an F-150 SuperCrew to the Bronco Sport and I find the cloth seat to be very comfortable for me anyways, plus I have back problems and really Love the Lumbar Support that it has.

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
We have just finished our 3rd week with our BS/BB & we love the comfort of the front seats.
Sponsored