How are you finding front seat size and comfort?

PetariJ

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I noticed I am almost sitting on the plastic trim by the seat adjustments, the seat cushion has broken down that much, not so on the seat belt latch side. Could be from getting in and out of the vehicle, but should hold better I would think, I can see it breaking down after years and tens of thousands of miles of use.
the circled area is the part that feels affected. But there’s no give on the passenger side

Ford Bronco Sport How are you finding front seat size and comfort? DC871465-55DB-47AC-B7E1-BBA3F432DBF9
Sponsored

mizzoubronco

Big Bend
First Name
T.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend
Love mine so far (but yet to take a drive longer than 2.5 hours). My wife and I are not exactly large people, 5’0 and 5’9 respectively, so I wouldn’t expect space to be an issue but I’ve given my boss a ride to lunch a couple times and he’s well over 6’ and seems to feel very comfortable up front.

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I had the dealer check this on mine, they said they “adjusted” the seat cushion. I’ll pick it up tomorrow, we’ll see.

GrueBronco

Badlands
First Name
s.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want Badlands
hey everyone. so on my 2012 kia sorento with cloth manual seats, my rear sinks down and the front edge of the seat "supports" my thighs. i use quotes because really what happens is that it feels like my thighs are resting on a bar like a bad wooden framed chair. it sucks. i can someties use a towel or cushion to raise my butt and even out the pressure.

given that above, how does the bandlands seat feel (without leather or any other package)? ps. i'm 6'3" and nearly 280 (but workin on it!)

GrueBronco

Badlands
First Name
s.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want Badlands
Wouldn't this answer be different for every single member since everyone has different body sizes?...................... How do you quantify that...
for my question it's pretty simple. at any point under the thigh, does it feel like your legs are supported by a broom-stick haha

a lot of data points maybe can start to give us an idea?

PetariJ

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
for my question it's pretty simple. at any point under the thigh, does it feel like your legs are supported by a broom-stick haha

a lot of data points maybe can start to give us an idea?
I don’t have that experience. 6’ 220 here

PetariJ

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I had the dealer check this on mine, they said they “adjusted” the seat cushion. I’ll pick it up tomorrow, we’ll see.
How’d they end up doing? I went to another dealership and had a sales rep sit in the car. He felt something immediately. Bringing it to their service on Tuesday

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
How’d they end up doing? I went to another dealership and had a sales rep sit in the car. He felt something immediately. Bringing it to their service on Tuesday
Actually, I'm disappointed in the service I received at the dealer. I had a list of several things I wanted looked at, BS has 6000 miles on it and that to me is a decent shake down, they had it for 6 days. Regarding the seat, they claimed to have taken care of the popping in the left side of the seat channel assembly, it still pops, took care of my windshield camera cover rattle, wrong, its worse than before I took it in, they couldn't duplicate the display being blank, did it to me the day after I picked it up, sent a pic. Vehicle sits lower on the drivers side, measured, they said it is in Ford's tolerance. They did fix one item, the left side rear door sill plate wasn't seated properly and changed the oil and rotated the tire, or did they? Am I picky, sure, but I also know these are new vehicle builds and won't be perfect. The vehicle was also dirty when I picked it up, I still need to clean the inside of the windows and the rear view mirror. I'll try another dealer next time.

PetariJ

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Well that absolutely blows. I'm sorry they didn't get anything done especially for the amount of time they had it. I don't think you're picky, they're the ones who should be more tolerant that we're experiencing all these issues on a first build. How did you tell that the vehicle sits lower on one side? Also, what model are you using?

My old dealership also told me to call ford directly regarding the seat issue and raise a stink. I've been chatting with a bronco sport group on FB and seems a few people are also dealing with this. Not exclusive to any specific model unfortunately.

Rkers

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
7 months and 5600 miles in. I traded a 15 Taurus with leather and power seats so it was a step down in room and comfort. But I have gotten used to the seat now and it's fine. I do like that you can easily put your feet flat on the floor like a pickup or larger vehicle. That helps on longer drives.

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2
The only complaint I have about the Bronco Sport front seats in our Outer Banks is the lack of power lumbar support on the passenger seat. I ended up having a local trim shop install a lumbar kit in the passenger seat.

Kraken

Base
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Any update for you? They replaced the cushion and it didn’t change anything. There’s a firmness missing on the driver side driver seat whereas the passenger seat feels perfect. They said they can’t help any further. Unfortunately nobody has any extra Bronco sports to compare it to.
I thought it was in my head, but I have the exact same problem. The left side of the seat is definitely lower to the plastic housing and less firm. An odd issue.
Sponsored