Hot hot hot touchscreen!

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Mine has had extended use on longer road trips -- both using Ford navigation and radio, satellite, etc. features, and using Adroid Auto. Never any heat issue with the system/screen. However one of the 1st things I did with it was set the display to night mode always. The day mode/colors are way too bright. Night mode is much more comfortable and still easy to read. MAYBE blue uses less pixlel energy than white (I suppose), but the whole display is still lit (blue). I don't know how much difference that could make. Maybe CarPlay is the culprit? Never used that...
Sponsored

Jenma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 15 Mustang GT 50 yr, 22 Corsair
Just did a 50 minute drive with Android Auto running Pandora and Maps. The screen was barley above the ambient temp. The phone was charging so it got pretty warm.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
Never had the screen get hot. I’ve had mine for 15 months and made 4 trips from Seattle area to Orange County, CA and back.

Last edited:

IdahoDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 sport
Never had that issue at all until today. Just drove 2,000 miles over four days at about 8 hours each day. Noticed today the screen was extremely hot to the touch. Not burn a child hot, but definitely hot enough you notice it when touching it.
Sponsored