MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
A discussion on the merits (or lack of) the B&O system got me to thinking. What do y’all use for listening pleasure when at home & not on the road?

I have 3 sort of setups actually, driven by an odd configuration of bungalow I live in. There’s a front livingroom sitting area, a back family room den area, & a half finished basement. This is the front livingroom, no tv, audio only. Turntable is a JVC QL-Y5F & CD is a Sony CDP-C77ES, both hooked to a Marantz 2230. There’s also a Bose hockey puck providing a streaming input, all of it outputting to Bose 701’s. So solidly mid tier random marketplace finds.

Ford Bronco Sport Home Audio Setups IMG_7569
Sponsored

OP
OP
MJE

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Basement setup is a Sony STR-AV880 marshaling audio and video for the games room. No turntable yet, though there’s an input for one if I could find space to use a spare B&O TX I have.

Sony CDP-C745 for CD’s & a Sony Bluetooth adapter for streaming duty. So more random marketplace finds, but my best find I think ever were these Sony APM-22ES with original stands!

Video is a Sony (seems to be a theme here with my marketplace finds) KV-27FS100L with Atari, Intellivision, NES (& SNES though that’s MIA ATM) all hooked up & ready to go.
Ford Bronco Sport Home Audio Setups 1714764286670-yh

OP
OP
MJE

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Lastly, back family room setup is a costco special Vizio 4K 50”. Usual modern stuff hooked up to it (switch, PS4, Wii). Pioneer DVR-233 providing composite -> component signal converting duty. Converting the SNES which should be on the basement setup & a Sony LaserDisc MDP-K50. Which should also be on the basement game room shelves of Sony marketplace cast offs if I didn’t actually have some movies I’d like to watch.

No real audio here though aside from the TV’s Internal speakers…. I have a spare Akai AA-M3 & matching speakers which would hugely improve. But no space to put them. I may have to find some smaller speakers to use with it. Or go straight to a soundbar.
Ford Bronco Sport Home Audio Setups IMG_6248

Squier

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport, 2020 Suzuki V-Strom 650
I get by with the speakers hooked up to my PC. Logitech Z323 2.1 system. 60 watts is enough for me these days.

Ford Bronco Sport Home Audio Setups 717lL4PhWEL._AC_SL1500_

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I get by with the speakers hooked up to my PC. Logitech Z323 2.1 system. 60 watts is enough for me these days.

Ford Bronco Sport Home Audio Setups 717lL4PhWEL._AC_SL1500_
I have been surprised by Logitech setups. I have 2 sets, a 2.1 at the computer and a 5.1 in the garage. Basically the best setups they offer, but they are really good for a few hundred dollars.

I have B&W (left/center/right) for the TV along with a Definitive 12” sub and a Sony receiver. I should have gotten the Sony ES receiver and maybe I will someday. I’ve never setup the surround sound speakers for the TV after I moved from MI 17 years ago.

Reactions: MJE

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I used to have all the super surround speakers and sub woofer, high power AV receiver, special speaker cables and interconnects. I replaced all that with a sound bar surround system, it sounds all most as good and takes up much less space. I do have a brand new AV reciever that I bought, it's still in it's box, I should do something with it.

Reactions: MJE
OP
OP
MJE

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I used to have all the super surround speakers and sub woofer, high power AV receiver, special speaker cables and interconnects. I replaced all that with a sound bar surround system, it sounds all most as good and takes up much less space. I do have a brand new AV reciever that I bought, it's still in it's box, I should do something with it.
Which sound bar setup did you go with? I’m basically limited in space as to what I can fit on this tv stand. Unless I want to run wires around the fireplace (which goes to a 10ft ceiling in that room).

OP
OP
MJE

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
TV? What's that for? Oh yeah... the thing I never watch anymore unless there are sports I want to watch. Go MN Vikings!!!
Ah I see you noticed my great taste in door mats! 🤣 Yeah I don’t watch tv at all. Enough so that I had a cable plan I never used outside of football season & so cancelled it. Now to figure out how to get streaming going to I can subscribe to something come the fall again.

OP
OP
MJE

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I have been surprised by Logitech setups. I have 2 sets, a 2.1 at the computer and a 5.1 in the garage. Basically the best setups they offer, but they are really good for a few hundred dollars.

I have B&W (left/center/right) for the TV along with a Definitive 12” sub and a Sony receiver. I should have gotten the Sony ES receiver and maybe I will someday. I’ve never setup the surround sound speakers for the TV after I moved from MI 17 years ago.
Wow that sounds like an awesome setup if you’d put it up! I hear nothing but good things about B&W but have never experienced them. One day I will find a rosewood era Sony ES AV receiver on marketplace!

OP
OP
MJE

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I have an ipad.....follows me wherever I go.
My dad too. He’s gotten rid of first his record collection, then his CD collection. Now it’s Spotify on his iPad. His big splurge was a Bose Bluetooth speaker. Which actually.. I’m I’m honest…. For all the space my vintage gear takes up, his little speaker (and I have one for work & yard use too) is honestly all you need.
Sponsored