STEELSIDE

Big Bend
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I'm sure you did but just to be "that guy" who asks anyway, did you use Sand mode at all? Did that help maintain traction, or not at all? What about using Low gear ('L' button in the middle of the dial) in conjunction with Sand mode?

The reason I ask all of these things is because forum member @fourthgear has an Outer Banks and used it on the beach with no issues:

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/approaching-1-000-miles-my-thoughts-on-this-baby-bronc.1740/page-3#post-33425

I have not gotten a chance to drive it in sand yet so I personally don't know how it will perform, but from the other users (other than you, of course) who have, they have said it performs great even in deep, loose sand. And I hope you don't misunderstand my reply - I'm not criticizing you. Thanks for sharing your experience!
Its fine. I used sand mode, but ultimately the sand was too soft when we were leaving, and the rutts slowed me down too much. So after I got pulled out I put it in slippery mode and gave it a bit of gas and went at a better angle to get up to a good speed before I hit any rutts and got out no problem.
Sponsored

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
I'm not sure if it makes any difference , but I have Michelin all season Tires on my OB , using low made a difference in the deeper loose sand & I was not trying to get stuck , but was taking chances going out of the deep ruts that were made by all the vehicle traffic . I was high centering almost the whole way , as I said , I could see the bottom marks in the fresh sand . always keep momentum when driving is loose sand. Note , don't forget to take it out of Low when you get back on the street :cool:

I checked my tires a few days ago because of the Thread here about high tire pressure form the dealers & sure enough , ours had 41-42 #'s in all tires , Brought them down to 34# ( 33 # on Door tag ) better ride also , so the day I was testing the BS in the sand , it had over the recommended amount of air PSI .

Just takes getting used to the BS in certain conditions , like any new Vehicle . I doubt if I will see any Snow here , so can't say much about that .

Kazuma

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Had the same issue in by BS BB on the beach. Have the stock Michelin tires and was in sand mode. I got stuck more then once. I aired down after the first time and it was only when I had to stop is when I got stuck.

The problem also was that it didn't feel like 4wd when in sand mode. My back tires wouldn't even spin when stuck. Is there something I'm missing here?

Last edited:

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Did you air down to 15-18#? Glad I got the rear wheel lockers but you really shouldn’t need them, if the sand isn’t too deep your AWD should handle it when properly aired down.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traction Control was on ?

Kazuma

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Did you air down to 15-18#? Glad I got the rear wheel lockers but you really shouldn’t need them, if the sand isn’t too deep your AWD should handle it when properly aired down.

I aired down to about 19# but was still having issues in sand mode. It was deeper in some areas and if I stopped it just buried itself.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traction control is something else .

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has any one looked at the control display when in sand mode , if it turns it off ?

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I turned our Goat mode to Sand mode when I had the display screen on where you can turn Traction control on/off & drove a little & the display never changed from Traction control "ON " . Not sure if when in the Sand mode ,if it bypasses Traction control on screen display in the Software , but if its shot off , one would think it would show it , maybe not ?

Kazuma

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I turned our Goat mode to Sand mode when I had the display screen on where you can turn Traction control on/off & drove a little & the display never changed from Traction control "ON " . Not sure if when in the Sand mode ,if it bypasses Traction control on screen display in the Software , but if its shot off , one would think it would show it , maybe not ?
I don't even get a Traction control screen. Just the symbol letting me know its off. Probably different in the BB vs the OB.

First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Outer Banks NC? This is one of the first places I want to take my BS once I receive it!

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't even get a Traction control screen. Just the symbol letting me know its off. Probably different in the BB vs the OB.
Does it go off when you shift GOAT mode into Sand ? Do you have the large screen for the Back up Camera & info ? I'm not failure with the BB , I was when I looked at the BS to purchase , Burt that was a while ago & don't remember what comes with what model .
Sponsored