Here's the Baby Bronco's Front Grille & Headlights Leaked!

TopRecon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Ranger
How big is anything in the picture? I don't see a good size reference that would indicate this won't fit on a Superduty or a Fiesta.
No, just proportionally, it looks like they took the lettering on the Bronco R and stretched it height-wise, it's not as wide and short as it is there.

ChrispyKC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Platinum, 2016 Escape SE, 2015 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Sahara
I'm guessing it's plastic -- does a third party do this part typically? Is someones contract in jeopardy?
If Ford finds out who it is it all depends on what their supplier agreement says. I'm sure they're not super happy having the mold out there online. Just make sure you use your imagination when trying to envision the type of headlight that will fit in that hole.

ChrispyKC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Platinum, 2016 Escape SE, 2015 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Sahara
That's also some really nice 5 axis work.

OP
OP
Sherminiator

Sherminiator

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus SHO
I have an issue with the baby coming out before the Bronco Bronco, it'll muddy the waters for sure, even more than the Mustang Mach E. imagine if they cancelled the Mustang in say, 2018, then now come out with the Mustang Mach E, but the Mustang Mustang doesn't come back till 2022 or something....that would be more damaging than the current fiasco, but that is exactly what they are doing if the baby comes out first and has Bronco written all over it.
Everything is pointing the production model Baby Bronco coming out before the Bronco.

I'm assuming this is what is going to happen:

Baby Bronco is shown off at its own event, and a lightly disguised "concept" Bronco is shown at the same time at the end. This is late Spring.

The production Bronco gets shown off in June (still late Spring since summer doesn't start til June 20th) at NAIAS.

Baby Bronco hits dealers lots late Fall/Early Winter (this time next year)-latest rumors have it being built at Hermosillo, instead of Cuautitlan (where the Mustang Mach E will be built and coming out this time next year also). It make more sense to build it at Hermosillo (The Transit Connect and a C class Pick up under the Ranger are going there also), so keep your eyes peeled when Ford says the Fusion/MKZ are done (which assumed to be next Spring to allow retooling)

Bronco goes into production in the fall/early winter and starts hitting the lots in late December 2020 (if we are lucky) or early 2020.

chtucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Nice! So based on this probably going to have the C- headlights like the baby leaked image?

Edit: the more I look at it the more the curve makes it seem like the baby bronco grill. Not 100% on that but nice find either way!
If you focus on the far left of the photo you can see the C shaped headlight.. The ovals look like turn signals. I think the Baja Bronco was a clear nod to the C headlamps.

Just my opinion

Uncle Gump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger
I'm gonna just go with what Crispy says about the headlights... he said I wouldn't be disappointed in wanting 7 inch round headlamps. Appears the mold also shows turn signal lights located reminiscently to the original.

OP
OP
Sherminiator

Sherminiator

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus SHO
I found this on another DG I belong to, and I'm leaning towards it being the Baby Bronco grill instead of the "fullsized" one-the reason being is that I believe the Bronco R grill shape is indicative as to what we are getting with the Bronco, which is a slab sided front end that isn't rounded at all.

Not to mention it looks like the leaked photo of the Baby Bronco with better detailing and I'm assuming the round/oval parts are part of the turn indicators for the Baby Bronco.

BroncoMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion, '22 BS
Whether for the BroncoBronco or the smaller cousin, what I see in that grille is a deeply recessed round LED or projector, either one with a large round halo. The light isn't going to follow the contour of the outline of the housing, but rather be inset with a clear cover over it making the exterior of the housing flush with the rest of the grille. Most likely in the form of a module that pops into the recess.

That said, I can see each of the above suggestions working in that grille - it just depends on the amount of imagination you use and the angle you approach it from.

*ETA* The more I look at the grille area of the Bronco R, the more I'm leaning towards this being the BroncoBronco grille. At first I had my doubts because of the curvature and "pullback" of the headlights at the outer edges, but the more I look at the shots from the Nevada photo op, the stronger the case seems to get.

Last edited:

BroncoMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion, '22 BS
Well I guess everybody is over in the thread about ifs vs sfa. No thoughts here?
I already posted... pretty much in agreement with you. But it's difficult to be certain based on some slippery stuff - no idea of scale on the pictured grille, no idea of the size of the little cousin and lack of a detailed hi-res photo, and knowing that the Bronco R body is said to be only loosely based on the production version. Lots of variables and unknowns there.
Sponsored