Jmurano15

Base
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Base
Help my check engine light came on this morning and this is what the Ford app s saying!
21 ford bronco sport base 46,235 miles

Ford Bronco Sport HELP!! EB1E7B90-C5A7-47E8-8E76-B11845ABA18B
Sponsored

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange BS BB, 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 PSD
Time to take it in and have it diagnosed! Cheers!

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Help my check engine light came on this morning and this is what the Ford app s saying!
Does it run? If not, time for a tow. If yes, start the engine and check for the smell of fuel in the engine compartment. You may have a fuel leak and the PCM is trying to enrichen the mixture due to low fuel pressure. If you don't smell fuel is the engine in limp mode? If yes, time for a tow.

If it runs and you're not stuck in limp mode and--MOST IMPORTANT--you don't smell fuel in the engine compartment, then you can likely drive it safely until you can get it in the shop. Keep an eye on your fuel mileage. You may notice a significant change from normal if the PCM is messing with the mixture.

OP
OP

Jmurano15

Base
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Base
Does it run? If not, time for a tow. If yes, start the engine and check for the smell of fuel in the engine compartment. You may have a fuel leak and the PCM is trying to enrichen the mixture due to low fuel pressure. If you don't smell fuel is the engine in limp mode? If yes, time for a tow.

If it runs and you're not stuck in limp mode and--MOST IMPORTANT--you don't smell fuel in the engine compartment, then you can likely drive it safely until you can get it in the shop. Keep an eye on your fuel mileage. You may notice a significant change from normal if the PCM is messing with the mixture.
So it happened when I was driving to work today. I was going around 75mph around 545am when it first appeared. Got to work and it did not smell like fuel nor loose power. On break I went out to start it and it started no issues, as well as no fuel smell.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
So it happened when I was driving to work today. I was going around 75mph around 545am when it first appeared. Got to work and it did not smell like fuel nor loose power. On break I went out to start it and it started no issues, as well as no fuel smell.
Open the hood with the engine running and check for fuel fumes.

gatornek

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport; 2016 Mustang 2.3
Id hook up my OBD scanner and pull actual codes. A “rich condition” could very well be temporary and the code may be able to be reset with no harm no foul. Can’t be sure without the actual code.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Hey there. Would you mind sending over a message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to take a closer look at your check engine notification.
Sponsored