Help on Activation of Ford Keyless Entry Keypad

Palom0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2021 Wildtrak, Carbonized Gray
I have a Ford Keyless Entry Keypad (KB3Z-14A626-B) that I bought to program and add to my 2021 Ford to be able to open it without the key fob.
I went to my Ford dealer, they tried using their FDRS program, but at the time of entering the 48 character code, the FDRS does not seem to accept alphanumeric codes, just number ones. My dealer does not seem to know why this happens.
Anyone here with knowledge of FDRS that has an idea of what is wrong here and how to sort it out?

Thanks.

Ford Bronco Sport Help on Activation of Ford Keyless Entry Keypad Keyless Entry Keypad - Ford (KB3Z-14A626-B)
Sponsored

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Wow, all the extra goodies they add for the South American Wildtrak models and they don't have the keyless pad on the pillar!?

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
Do you not have the keypad built into the pillar on the driver’s door? Slide your finger along the area. The numbers are not visible until you activate the touch sensors. If you have it, there should be a white plastic card in with the owner’s manual and paperwork that gives you the code.

Ford Bronco Sport Help on Activation of Ford Keyless Entry Keypad A9085387-0F50-4AAC-8C75-775C79EC3C5D

OP
OP

Palom0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In my case, the keypad does not come with the car, I bought it as an accessory from FoMoCo
But my Ford Dealer cannot program it.
I'd like to know if there are any FDRS-kowledgeable people here that can help me figure this 48-character code issue.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Found this example. They only entered the 6 digit serial # and then transmitted the lock code to get it working. Never entered the 48 digit key. It has to be similar on a Bronco Sport.

OP
OP

Palom0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Tim,
I asked my dealer to try your method today but it did not work either. Maybe it works just for the Sprinter.
I am baffled that Ford does not have a tech support depo for their SW. How come the FDRS does not accept alphanumeric characters if they are so? My Dealer has no idea.

Feint

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
I would call Ford Motor Company or just get a refund on the accessory.

OP
OP

Palom0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's impossible to find someone at FoMoCo. I tried.
But I Don't want ti give up on the keypad yet. So...

OP
OP

Palom0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bump!.

Has anyone tried adding an OEM Ford Keypad to their Bronco Sport?
Ford sells one that is supposed to be for the BS. The Ford dealers in my country do not know how to program it, though. It is frustrating.
I tried to contact Ford here and in the USA, but there is no phone support for this.

jamaicandave

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I have a Ford Keyless Entry Keypad (KB3Z-14A626-B) that I bought to program and add to my 2021 Ford to be able to open it without the key fob.
I went to my Ford dealer, they tried using their FDRS program, but at the time of entering the 48 character code, the FDRS does not seem to accept alphanumeric codes, just number ones. My dealer does not seem to know why this happens.
Anyone here with knowledge of FDRS that has an idea of what is wrong here and how to sort it out?

Thanks.

Ford Bronco Sport Help on Activation of Ford Keyless Entry Keypad Keyless Entry Keypad - Ford (KB3Z-14A626-B)
That usually is the result of entering the wrong serial number. FDRS usually asks for a serial number. The serial number is not to be mistaken with the 48 digit code. The serial number is a much shorter number on the instructions received with the kit.

OP
OP

Palom0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, these are three alpha numeric 16-digit codes (48 digits total) and a 6-digit serial
The problem is that the Ford dealer tells me that at a certain point during the install they are required to enter the long code but that the SW doesn't let them use alphanumeric codes.
Any idea what could they be doing wrong?
Sponsored