GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I know there’s a few posts about the 40 inch light bar. I’ve had mine for a few months now and just want to express, in case anyone is considering and unaware…there is a significant increase of wind noise.

it is easy to get used to, however for me I live in a place where we have often time 30 mph wind gusts and when driving 75 mph on the highway it can sound quite thunderous.

I know wind noise is a deal breaker for some, so just want to make sure anyone considering is aware if that is not something you want to deal with.

Ford Bronco Sport Heads up, Head Wind! E488A0A6-A74F-45EA-8471-6E7017C21A4A
Sponsored

TSP Overland

Outer Banks
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with this product. :sunglasses:

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
how much would the noise be reduced if the bar was made "v" shaped and you could turn it when traveling on highway?

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
I know there’s a few posts about the 40 inch light bar. I’ve had mine for a few months now and just want to express, in case anyone is considering and unaware…there is a significant increase of wind noise.

it is easy to get used to, however for me I live in a place where we have often time 30 mph wind gusts and when driving 75 mph on the highway it can sound quite thunderous.

I know wind noise is a deal breaker for some, so just want to make sure anyone considering is aware if that is not something you want to deal with.

Ford Bronco Sport Heads up, Head Wind! E488A0A6-A74F-45EA-8471-6E7017C21A4A
How much did the cross bars alone sing on the highway?

OP
OP
GulfCoastBronco

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I don’t feel like the crossbars caused any wind noise. I did get them about a week after I got the Bronco so I don’t have a big sample size. Minimal if any.

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I don’t feel like the crossbars caused any wind noise. I did get them about a week after I got the Bronco so I don’t have a big sample size. Minimal if any.
Exact decibel difference please… otherwise it doesn’t count hahaha. Just kidding.

I have the Yakima lock n load with perimeters already. I wonder if it would get louder than that if I added. Or if it is already there.

we get 30plus winds here too. Or more.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
My headlights are the best I’ve ever had,
Wont be hanging any do dads on the outside of my little mule.
With the Phantom F-4 The Air Force proved that with enough horsepower a brick really could fly.
And Ford proved that with the right turbo a brick could boogie
Down the boulevard.
:,P
Don’t get me wrong, I Love the look, feel, handling and the quiet cabin of my Bronco Sport.
But I am amazed that this shape is not a roaring truck on the super slab.
Sponsored