Headlight Replacement $2,000?

Heart2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew
Has anyone seen this video created by a Ford Mechanic that claims if a headlight needs replacing, the entire headlight assembly needs to be replaced and it costs $2,000? I'm going to fact-check him on this claim, but maintenance expenses are something to consider.

Sponsored

Last edited:

WarHorse1B

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Wouldn’t be surprising had a headlight replaced on my 19 mustang was $1700

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
Headlamps are $1320 or $1380 depending if projector or LED.

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
That seems awfully steep! Dumb question - I don't have the time to search this right now. But does anyone know if these are these covered under the FORD ESP plans?

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
Guy admits he knows very little about the BS , yet give a video on pro's & Con's , oooo'K. Most LED Bulbs last a very long time , I would say ( if they are LED ) should last the life time of ownership . We had a Tail light on our 2011 Mustang that had an issue & it was like a $ 100 or so to get a new one or I'm not sure if it was reconditioned ,because to get that price we had to trade in our old one for, I guess a core charge .

As far as 4x4 ing , yes , your not going to do jumps with thew BS very much , everything has its limitations , but going off road , doesn't mean Baha running only .

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
So I guess that guy has not watched the dozens of off road video reviews of the Badlands/First Editions, no?

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Someone might wanna tell that guy there is this option called Cargo Management System so people don't think "it just comes with it". You should see the mass confusion on the facebook groups over that feature - is it standard, is it optional, what trims can and can not have it, can I add it later, endless questions, endless confusion.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I believe it. Just shopping for aftermarket fog replacements- $400-$500. Makes the $3,000 extended warranty look cheap!
The guy in the video really, really doesn't like the BS. Just to pick apart his first con- the cost of the brake controller; he straight up said it was probably going to be on every 2021 Ford. So if that's a con, it's for the whole lineup.

Protip: skip the first 4.5 minutes of the video; useless babble.

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
That seems awfully steep! Dumb question - I don't have the time to search this right now. But does anyone know if these are these covered under the FORD ESP plans?
I just looked it up. There is an option to tack on interior and exterior lighting onto the ESP for $65 additional with a $100 deductible plan. That isn't a bad deal for insurance IF an LED light/assembly goes out.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
fyi -- I had to call GEICO today so I asked if headlights are covered by their 'mechanical breakdown insurance' policy. They said yes, provided it's an electrical issue and not 'wear and tear.' So for those going for insurance instead of extended warranty, it'll be based on cause and how that's proven.

Colt

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands Iconic Silver
Has anyone seen this video created by a Ford Mechanic that claims if a headlight needs replacing, the entire headlight assembly needs to be replaced and it costs $2,000? I'm going to fact-check him on this claim, but maintenance expenses are something to consider.

Ford Bronco Sport Headlight Replacement $2,000? Headlight price.JPG

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
So how long we have to wait for the cheap Chinese replacement head lights to be listed on rockauto?