Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
https://byrna.com/ This might be a good option for a car gun. Get the black version though. A few rounds of this would sure piss someone off enough.

OP
OP

Martkami

First Edition
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Team:
As someone mentioned, there is a Bronco Console Vault Safe (I have this) that would enable you to keep the weapon in reach and likely work better than the glovebox. There is also a Console Vault Rear Seat Safe, that would enable you to store it in the car (I also have this).

Both are very small/tight, but I plan on eventually getting a handgun as well and wanted a way to store it in the vehicle.

My main goal is for protection when hiking in the backcountry, the area I want to move to has mountain lions, bears, etc. So I plan on storing the weapon in the rear seat vault.
Console vault for the rear safe would be my safest bet or at least some what hidden out of view....... if Ford gave the first edition the rear seat storage for First edition Broncos which it did not for some dumb reason....

Reactions: Jrl

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
https://byrna.com/ This might be a good option for a car gun. Get the black version though. A few rounds of this would sure piss someone off enough.
No, thank you. It looks too much like a firearm. I would hate to be shot or even drawn on for something like this. Even though it is CA compliant and not a technically a firearm, I doubt California LEO’s would give anyone a pass for carrying it.

SapphireCat

Big Bend
First Name
Catie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
Just tell them you live in your car, and that makes it your home, and you're good. There is a nook in the center of the dash that holds and hides a thin one very well. That way you won't be fumbling for a lock box while they jack your car.

MNVKSFN

Badlands
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BRONCO SPORT
Keep in mind that you need a Concealed Carry permit to keep a firearm in your glove box.
Not in many states, best thing you can do is download the USCCA app and know the laws of each state.

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Not in many states, best thing you can do is download the USCCA app and know the laws of each state.
There's an even better app for that information . Legal Heat. We recommend it to pupils in our Concealed Carry course.

MNVKSFN

Badlands
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BRONCO SPORT
There's an even better app for that information . Legal Heat. We recommend it to pupils in our Concealed Carry course.
check out their other app, the reciprocity app. They appear similar without downloading LH. Seems silly that in NM you can't legally conceal if you are under the influence of Ibuprofen.

pkmed

Outer Banks
First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
couldn't they just take the headrest right out? I would run from that option.
No. "The headrest safe locks into place with a toggle bolt that deploys when inserted into the seat."
Sponsored