Martkami

First Edition
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Im driving the 2021 first edition.I own guns and like to use the glove box to lock them up. This is my first ford to not have a lock box and i was wondering if anyone who owns guns found an alternative. I do not want to sacrifice storage space by buying the ford vault and first editions do not come with the rear seat flip up storage.
Sponsored

MNVKSFN

Badlands
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BRONCO SPORT
Im driving the 2021 first edition.I own guns and like to use the glove box to lock them up. This is my first ford to not have a lock box and i was wondering if anyone who owns guns found an alternative. I do not want to sacrifice storage space by buying the ford vault and first editions do not come with the rear seat flip up storage.
Ford sells an armrest safe for locking up your iron items.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
Buy a small lockbox and lock it under your seat. The kind with the cable that you wrap around a secure point.
This is what we did in the F150. They are designed to open by push button or key. If you want to spend more, you can get biometric. I bought the one that fits in the backseat, but I’m considering removing it and going back to the under seat type. I can’t reach the back seat safe from the drivers seat, so it’s not really a good option.

Last edited:

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Keep in mind that you need a Concealed Carry permit to keep a firearm in your glove box.

OP
OP

Martkami

First Edition
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I have a concealed carry and my issue with the cable lock box is that i beileve a thief with a bolt cutter will make quick work of it. That is why i prefered my glove box with the lock.

pkmed

Outer Banks
First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Outer Banks

RogueRodney

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Atlas Blue Metallic
Team:
As someone mentioned, there is a Bronco Console Vault Safe (I have this) that would enable you to keep the weapon in reach and likely work better than the glovebox. There is also a Console Vault Rear Seat Safe, that would enable you to store it in the car (I also have this).

Both are very small/tight, but I plan on eventually getting a handgun as well and wanted a way to store it in the vehicle.

My main goal is for protection when hiking in the backcountry, the area I want to move to has mountain lions, bears, etc. So I plan on storing the weapon in the rear seat vault.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
I have a concealed carry and my issue with the cable lock box is that i beileve a thief with a bolt cutter will make quick work of it. That is why i prefered my glove box with the lock.
I hear you, but the thief has to know it’s there. I kept mine under the seat all the time. The back seat safe is awkward because I have to open the back door to access it. Also, a thief with the right tools can get into your glove box easily when the dash is plastic. 🤷‍♀️

Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco Sport
I’d get a decent pistol box and attach it with a chain or u-bolts to an under seat frame or other piece of accessible steel.

The console vaults are very cheesy for the price, but not really any worse than a locking glove box, which are mostly plastic.

Most cable locks can be defeated pretty easily with pocket sized cutters, but the thief would need to be somewhat prepared. You could get into a console/seat vault with a broader range of prying or blunt force tools. I’ve seen attacks on console vaults that I could accomplish in under a minute with a softball sized rock.

For others considering the rear seat vault, it needs modifications to attach anything other than foam and plastic, and the seat bottom pops rights out with the box. It does at least have some security through obscurity versus the much more common console vaults.

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
I would think the glovebox is even less safe considering it is a plastic door, with a plastic lock. I bet if you/they pull hard enough the whole glovebox door will come off.
Sponsored