Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Anybody else remember when they had to modify these pumps when the price went over $1.00?

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
Anybody else remember when they had to modify these pumps when the price went over $1.00?
Sooner Than You Think Future Kong Post: Anybody else remember when they had to modify these pumps when the price went over $100.00?

V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
would've been neat to see if the price per gallon was on the pumps
Reminds me of 73 and the Arab oil embargo. I was only 13 at the time but I always pumped the gas for my mom. Had to wait in line for 45 minutes for max 10 gallons. We had 72 Chevelle station wagon. It had a 454 LS6, turbo 400, super economical) Really a pre soccer mom ride of the 70s kind of car. When I turned 16, got my license and begged my parents to take it for a Saturday cinema run with my best friend we had the best time. After the movie we went cruising, Riverside Ave, Spokane WA. This car was sleeper, a uncool behemoth of a car. But it could light up the tires. The station in the photo reminded me of the time, nice.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
Sooner Than You Think Future Kong Post: Anybody else remember when they had to modify these pumps when the price went over $100.00?
Already done in some parts. I had a boat that had a 60 gal tank. I also have relatives with RVs that go over $100.00 to fill up.

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Reminds me of 73 and the Arab oil embargo. I was only 13 at the time but I always pumped the gas for my mom. Had to wait in line for 45 minutes for max 10 gallons. We had 72 Chevelle station wagon. It had a 454 LS6, turbo 400, super economical) Really a pre soccer mom ride of the 70s kind of car. When I turned 16, got my license and begged my parents to take it for a Saturday cinema run with my best friend we had the best time. After the movie we went cruising, Riverside Ave, Spokane WA. This car was sleeper, a uncool behemoth of a car. But it could light up the tires. The station in the photo reminded me of the time, nice.
steering wheels like you were commandeering a battleship
newports, regals, continentals
could fit today's smart car in the trunk
those were some good days my friend

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
My car Senior year. I remember my 1970 Cougar took Regular. Not Unleaded regular, just Regular. My dad, who worked for Texaco, said if the regular was phased out I might not get to keep it. Ended up having some dip t-bone the passenger side and insurance totaled it. Looked like this but a seafoam green.
Ford Bronco Sport Getting gas old stations F519B3C5-475F-45EB-8930-E725121129A1

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Already done in some parts. I had a boat that had a 60 gal tank. I also have relatives with RVs that go over $100.00 to fill up.
sorta takes the recreation right out of it
been living in this spot for over 23 years
years of noticeable traffic flow on the weekends
large park just down the road
lately gas prices cut that down remarkably
ghostown
sure it's the same everywhere
people cutting way back on the unnecessary travel

Carolo

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
As my 100 year old mom used to say........"The Good Old Days was Yesterday!" And she wasn't confused, she remembered living in houses with dirt floors, and refrigerators that were just cupboards with a block of ice (delivered every day by the "iceman")! I even remember the iceman! Or, how about gas at 25 cents a gallon? I traded in an F-150 Lariat on my Badlands that would shut off the gas pump at $150.00, and I would have to restart the pump to finish filling the 36 gallon tank (I live in California)! By the way, Mom lived to 101, and NEVER drove a car. A tractor, yes, and a team of Percheron's (horses bigger than Clydesdale's), but never a car! She preferred the present over any other time, as do I!
Sponsored