RonsBadRides

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Bought her from my local Ford dealer on 3/31/21. They had brought her in as a demo, but I talked them into selling to me.

As Purchased:
Carbonized Gray Badlands with Ebony Roast Leather Interior
Badlands Package
235/65R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W tires
Tow Package
Co-Pilot 360 Assist+
Floor Liners
Cargo Mat
Dealer Installed window tint

Since taking delivery I have added:
5 Star Tuning custom tunes for 87, 89 and 93 octane
K&N drop in panel air filter
Aeroskin II Textured Hood Protector
Omac Shop Black Roof Crossbars (awaiting delivery)
Leader Accessories 64"x39"x6" roof cargo basket (awaiting delivery)
Yakima (Ford Accessories) Awning (awaiting delivery)

Here are a couple of photos with her big brother the 2018 F150 XLT FX4 Supercrew 3.5L EB:

Ford Bronco Sport Georgia BS Badlands Build Thread 0430211326_HDR

Ford Bronco Sport Georgia BS Badlands Build Thread 0430211326c_HDR

Ford Bronco Sport Georgia BS Badlands Build Thread 0430211328c_HDR
Sponsored

OP
OP

RonsBadRides

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What is your opinion of the tuner after install?
Feels great. Really pulls good and shifts firmer. I have not done any full throttle redline pulls in sport mode yet because I am still getting her broken in. Tune on 93 was supposed to give 40 wheel hp and 50 lb ft over stock.

I have the 5 Star tune on my F150 and it makes 425 who and 500 lb ft.

LilKim

Badlands
First Name
LilKim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport BL
Hi, new here, also in GA and waiting since Jan for my BL / BL girl - production supposed to be 6/7. Wish I had known the dealerships were ending their 'demo' program in March...

Bronco(maybe?)

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Really nice car. Did you have to ship the ecu? I am still breaking in as well. I know you have to ship the ecu with vivid racing. How do you switch between tunes? Thanks for your time.

OP
OP

RonsBadRides

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Really nice car. Did you have to ship the ecu? I am still breaking in as well. I know you have to ship the ecu with vivid racing. How do you switch between tunes? Thanks for your time.

Hi, Sorry for the delayed response. I went with 5 Star tuning in South Carolina. I did not have to remove the ECU. I used the USB OBDII adapter they provided as part of the tune and sent them a download of the stock ECU flash. They built the three tunes and emailed me a link to download. I just flashed using my laptop and the same USB device. Changing tunes or returning to stock is just a matter of selecting the file on the PC and reflashing. I also have their tune on my 2018 F150 3.5L EB 10 speed and it is great too.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
cool info, good to know.
i wont be getting a tune anytime soon as im still new, but when she paid off id love a tune. a simple tune on a turbo car can yield solid gains. i’ll be keeping an eye on this thread

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape
That is exactly like the one I ordered on 3/24. Still waiting to get her. Supposedly built and sitting somewhere in the Mexican desert. I really like the add-on you have made. I'm thinking a thin orange pinstripe (color matching) the Badlands emblem would look cool!

Bronco(maybe?)

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Hi, Sorry for the delayed response. I went with 5 Star tuning in South Carolina. I did not have to remove the ECU. I used the USB OBDII adapter they provided as part of the tune and sent them a download of the stock ECU flash. They built the three tunes and emailed me a link to download. I just flashed using my laptop and the same USB device. Changing tunes or returning to stock is just a matter of selecting the file on the PC and reflashing. I also have their tune on my 2018 F150 3.5L EB 10 speed and it is great too.
Thanks for taking the time to respond. Info is greatly appreciated.

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
imho 5 star is a cut above all the other tuners out there. I have their product on my Raptor and get this, my E450 based motor home. The E450 tune was mostly for Fords sucky transmission programing but I added a little more HP for the V10 as well.

OP
OP

RonsBadRides

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ditched my 55 quart Lifetime cooler that took up most of the rear storage and replaced at with a 12v DC refrigerator. It is a Setpower AJ40 which holds 42 quarts and fits perfectly on the narrow side of the rear. Gotta love Black Friday sales

Ford Bronco Sport Georgia BS Badlands Build Thread 1128211350a_HDR
Sponsored