Front camara built-in washer

DosJotas

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Have anyone had problems with the built-in washer of the front camara? Mine leaks, the concessionary changed it and the warranty covered it's not 100%. The recipient empties in a few days without really using it
Sponsored

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Lincoln Mark VIII, 2012 Acura TSX Sport Wagon
I just had my dealer replace the washer assembly, mere weeks before my factory warranty was to expire.

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Lincoln Mark VIII, 2012 Acura TSX Sport Wagon
Yes. But the Ford Service scratched my grill in 3 places and 2 paint chips at front fender. But no more “Fluid Low’ warnings. I had the warning appear on my way home after purchase. I checked the fluid level and it was near empty. Also my Coolant reservoir was empty, so I blamed both problems on the dealer, for poor pre-sale preparation. So I filled both fluids, but the Washer reservoir emptied that same day. I saw the puddle on the ground and knew immediately what the issue was.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Today I learned that they used to have front camera washers on Bronco Sports.
Mine (2023) does not have one.
I knew they got rid of the rear washer, you sure you don’t have a front washer?

CletusVanDam

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Turn the camera on and use the washer on the windshield. Should be able to see the fluid dispense. Or just look at it as well lol
Dude! It does have one. It even came in handy, clearing up the camera as I was pulling into the garage.

Weird that there isn't a back one, because that camera gets filthy on wet, dirt roads.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Dude! It does have one. It even came in handy, clearing up the camera as I was pulling into the garage.

Weird that there isn't a back one, because that camera gets filthy on wet, dirt roads.
Back on was eliminated for some reason on all the 23 models. Nice feature too.

henry16

Badlands
First Name
henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
Have anyone had problems with the built-in washer of the front camara? Mine leaks, the concessionary changed it and the warranty covered it's not 100%. The recipient empties in a few days without really using it
I have the same problem. But my warranty ended and the dealer is charging me $250 to fix it

CletusVanDam

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
My 21 BSBL also has the rear camera washer.
Since discovering the front washer thanks to this thread, I've used it a few times (mostly for novelty purposes), but a rear washer would actually be useful more often.

That said, I don't really need either and seems like something I'll end up needing to fix eventually.

Reactions: Jrl

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Since discovering the front washer thanks to this thread, I've used it a few times (mostly for novelty purposes), but a rear washer would actually be useful more often.

That said, I don't really need either and seems like something I'll end up needing to fix eventually.
A couple coats of RainX on the rear washer lens goes a long way towards keeping it clean.
Sponsored

Last edited: