John J

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My concern with a full brush guard (extending the width of the vehicle) would be the weight and the limited mounting points. When I installed my RC Nudge Bar the only substantial mounting points were down low and close together, adequate for the nudge bar but maybe not for a full brush guard. I think a full brush guard would require higher and wider mounting points - something I didn't see when I had the front facia off.

OP
OP
ChefDank

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
So thier reply was yes "data supplied from Warn says it does".

So now I've reached out to Warn to confirm these claims.
????
Front bumper with winch and I'll be able to overland with piece of mind with my own recovery system ???

Ford Bronco Sport Front bumper from 4WP Screenshot_20210910-053719_Samsung Internet

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
To clarify, by bumper do you mean the big steel rebar or the plastic cladding?
I understand youre probably chuckling with this post bc i understand its true undertone... but to clarify for those who maybe dont...
I simply mean that the bronco sport "bumper", bumper cover, and front end assembly - are not like a trucks (or likely the fs bronco assembly) where there are several bolts holding on an actual bumper and when the bolts are removed you can plop another bumper on.. bolt down and go ... on the bs there is no bumper so to speak - only a hidden impact collision system designed to minimize injury that is covered with a front end assembly/ "bumper" so a full bumper replacement just doesnt really work unless there was some serious modification...

tshaw03

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands/ 2018 Edge Titanium
Sketchy at best. The Sport has no real removable front bumper. I don't see how it could feasibly work unless there is crap load of cutting.
It would work just like the aftermarket Tacoma bumpers, and you're right, it means lots of cutting. This is fine with me in order to get an HD bumper and upgraded/additional skids on the front of my Badlands. On the Tacoma, you essentially cut the whole lower portion of the stock fascia along the body line in order to attach the HD bumper. It's always scary to cut on a brand new vehicle, but they almost always end up looking better and are able to perform better afterwards. I'm game after running trails in CO this whole last week in the BL.

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
I understand youre probably chuckling with this post bc i understand its true undertone... but to clarify for those who maybe dont...
I simply mean that the bronco sport "bumper", bumper cover, and front end assembly - are not like a trucks (or likely the fs bronco assembly) where there are several bolts holding on an actual bumper and when the bolts are removed you can plop another bumper on.. bolt down and go ... on the bs there is no bumper so to speak - only a hidden impact collision system designed to minimize injury that is covered with a front end assembly/ "bumper" so a full bumper replacement just doesnt really work unless there was some serious modification...
There was some chuckle yes, but not in a mean way. I just wanted to clarify what was meant. Some call the non-structural plastic bumper skin a bumper when it isn‘t. It is for aerodynamics and apparently hiding electronics behind ??
I wish that there was a proper alloy bumper that could be done with proper skid plates attached. Sadly, there isn’t anything to attach it to, so even if I was good at bar work - I am not - it would not actually help much. Had I realized a desire for that prior to buying this car, I may have gone for a Ford Ranger instead. That thing is intrinsically upgradable in a way the BS isn’t.
That said, building it into a cross between an off reader and a gravel spec rally car is totally doable.

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
There was some chuckle yes, but not in a mean way. I just wanted to clarify what was meant. Some call the non-structural plastic bumper skin a bumper when it isn‘t. It is for aerodynamics and apparently hiding electronics behind ??
I wish that there was a proper alloy bumper that could be done with proper skid plates attached. Sadly, there isn’t anything to attach it to, so even if I was good at bar work - I am not - it would not actually help much. Had I realized a desire for that prior to buying this car, I may have gone for a Ford Ranger instead. That thing is intrinsically upgradable in a way the BS isn’t.
That said, building it into a cross between an off reader and a gravel spec rally car is totally doable.
I think it is quite possible to fab up a "brush guard" so long as it is light weight... im not going to pull the front end off again to take specs on the nudge bar bracket ... at least not right now ... as i already have it on there ... but it could work as long as you went light tubing .... and i dont think it would be difficult to attach a more rally/ baja style skid using nudge bqr... just a matter of cutting a little off the tails yo change the angle and finding a suitable spot to bolt underneath... i did go look at q full size 2door ... it is quite small - the dealer said it wont be for sale until january, and that they arent accepting qny orders on them either . So probably have this little guy a few more years

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
I think it is quite possible to fab up a "brush guard" so long as it is light weight... im not going to pull the front end off again to take specs on the nudge bar bracket ... at least not right now ... as i already have it on there ... but it could work as long as you went light tubing .... and i dont think it would be difficult to attach a more rally/ baja style skid using nudge bqr... just a matter of cutting a little off the tails yo change the angle and finding a suitable spot to bolt underneath... i did go look at q full size 2door ... it is quite small - the dealer said it wont be for sale until january, and that they arent accepting qny orders on them either . So probably have this little guy a few more years
I am planning to keep mine a while as well. What happens next depends on how much we use it as more than a car and what propulsion systems are out (fuel type, hybrid, electric) and what those compromises look like. I want to do some very long trips and get remote, so that limits things for us with things as they are.

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I am planning to keep mine a while as well. What happens next depends on how much we use it as more than a car and what propulsion systems are out (fuel type, hybrid, electric) and what those compromises look like. I want to do some very long trips and get remote, so that limits things for us with things as they are.
I just got a few years left on my kids' lease hahahah after that who knows what me and the wife will do... but until then itll do just fine. I actually enjoy driving it , has decent enough offroad capabilities for the things we do as of now, gets relatively good mpgs... and as of yet havent had issues... we will see

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
If any manufacturer can make it work , Warne can , I have been wanting one of their hidden winch set ups for my Super duty , because I don't want change the look of the front end with an after market Bumper set up . I know its different with a full size truck , but it can be done to the BS , may even take welding needed mounting tabs for the set up , but can be done .

tshaw03

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands/ 2018 Edge Titanium
This is what I would like to see for the Bronco Sport:
Ford Bronco Sport Front bumper from 4WP f681202200103-live-5_1

A full HD off-road bumper with winch mount that gets rid of all cheap black plastic "bumper" material. If it messes with my Adaptive Cruise Control, then I say "so be it". The cutting makes the Tacoma look better and I think getting rid of the plastic front "bumper" will look better too. Plus it will add a lot of needed clearance and capability. Or, something like this:
Ford Bronco Sport Front bumper from 4WP Lifted Bronco Sport
Sponsored