Legacy40k

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue Bronco Sport
The model names aren't changing. Just the packages within them.

This makes way more sense.

So you can have a Badlands with a Premium Package, rather than a Badlands with a Badlands package. That was always weird to me. How could you possibly have a Badlands without a badlands package after alll, it's a badlands!

OP
OP
Mark S.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
The model names aren't changing. Just the packages within them.

This makes way more sense.
Yes it does! It explains why all the trims are still listed on Ford's site. Thanks for the clarification! The whole "trim" and "package" thing is confusing as hell--Ford needs to get a better handle on it. Or not. These things are selling like hotcakes anyway, so what do I know?

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Yes it does! It explains why all the trims are still listed on Ford's site. Thanks for the clarification! The whole "trim" and "package" thing is confusing as hell--Ford needs to get a better handle on it. Or not. These things are selling like hotcakes anyway, so what do I know?
I think the way they reconfigured the packages for '22 makes a lot more sense. Using the same name for the upper trim package as the model itself in 2021 confused me initially...did I need to get the 'Badlands' package in order to actually get a Badlands? The way the online Build & Price was arranged it compounded the confusion because to me it wasn't immediately clear what was included in the model vs. the package. So I'm glad they now just call them the Premium packages.

Same goes for Copilot 360+...they should've just called that the 'Driver Assist' package or something along those lines to better differentiate it from the standard Copilot 360.

My one gripe at this point is why on earth the heated steering wheel is not bundled with the heated seats. Seems the two go together hand-in-hand. :cwl:

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I think the way they reconfigured the packages for '22 makes a lot more sense. Using the same name for the upper trim package as the model itself in 2021 confused me initially...did I need to get the 'Badlands' package in order to actually get a Badlands? The way the online Build & Price was arranged it compounded the confusion because to me it wasn't immediately clear what was included in the model vs. the package. So I'm glad they now just call them the Premium packages.

Same goes for Copilot 360+...they should've just called that the 'Driver Assist' package or something along those lines to better differentiate it from the standard Copilot 360.

My one gripe at this point is why on earth the heated steering wheel is not bundled with the heated seats. Seems the two go together hand-in-hand. :cwl:
I thought the seats and steering wheel are as one , yes ?

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
No, we have heated seats, but the steering wheel is in the Premium package, which we do not have.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
No, we have heated seats, but the steering wheel is in the Premium package, which we do not have.
That’s not even logical to split those up , ford must have 1st graders doing marketing or they are pure genius .

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
That’s not even logical to split those up , ford must have 1st graders doing marketing or they are pure genius .
I imagine Ford did it to keep the price down or as a carrot for the upgrade….I’ll be honest it kinda worked on me as with these silky smooth mits I like me a heated steering wheel.

Reactions: Jrl

CaptainCrud

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Honestly, the way they had everything named at launch kind of defies belief. Was there not 1 single adult in the room to proof read the plan?

Yeah, I have the Badlands Model, with the Badlands Equipment, but without the Badlands Package. And I got the Copilot 360, but like not the regular one, the one with the plus sign after it.

Can't image why anyone was confused ?

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Honestly, the way they had everything named at launch kind of defies belief. Was there not 1 single adult in the room to proof read the plan?

Yeah, I have the Badlands Model, with the Badlands Equipment, but without the Badlands Package. And I got the Copilot 360, but like not the regular one, the one with the plus sign after it.

Can't image why anyone was confused ?
Why couldn’t ford just say that the 360 assist plus is the upgrade that adds the radar? Or something that denotes the 360 has the the camera and the 360 assist plus has the camera and the radar.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
For heated steering wheel there is extra button to turn it on off that is diff then the seat heat buttons. My '16 F150 you have to click down into some menu in infotainment screen to turn steering wheel heat on off.

Reactions: Jrl

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
I imagine Ford did it to keep the price down or as a carrot for the upgrade….I’ll be honest it kinda worked on me as with these silky smooth mits I like me a heated steering wheel.
It wasn't enough for us as we didn't have much use for the rest of the premium package. But memory seats and power lift gate might have sealed the deal...just sayin' Ford. ;)

AllTerrain

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
According to Ford Authority, Ford is renaming three Bronco Sport trim packages. Big Bend becomes "Convenience Package;" Outer Banks becomes "Tech Package;" and Badlands becomes "Premium Package." I guess we're gonna need some new forums around here...
The other verbage was confusing.
About buying a Badlands with Badlands package,
do you have a badlands.
yes we have a badlands.
does it have the Badlands package?
Yes it's a badlands.
Got it, but does the interior have a badlands interior?
yes it's a badlands.
In specific... I'm asking...
understand the vehicle is a Badlands,
but is the interior the Badlands package?
yes it has the Badlands suspension. No I'm talking about the interior. Holy crud LOL but it's happened
Sponsored