Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
According to Ford Authority, Ford is renaming three Bronco Sport trim packages. Big Bend becomes "Convenience Package;" Outer Banks becomes "Tech Package;" and Badlands becomes "Premium Package." I guess we're gonna need some new forums around here...
Sponsored

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
According to Ford Authority, Ford is renaming three Bronco Sport trim packages. Big Bend becomes "Convenience Package;" Outer Banks becomes "Tech Package;" and Badlands becomes "Premium Package." I guess we're gonna need some new forums around here...
Yep that was in the new '22 Order Guide released back in September. I guess one year of mass confusion was enough...

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Yep that was in the new '22 Order Guide released back in September. I guess one year of mass confusion was enough...
But I so want the it to go on! What’s a few more years of confusion.

MY2023 Packages:

The Big Bend Outer Banks Package
THe Outer BAnks Badlands Package
The Bronco Sport Bronco Package

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
As much as Ford got right with the Broncos, you still had typical corporate big brain moves like using the same trim names between the Sport and Big Bronco, and then the redundant package names to boot.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I got so confused when I first started looking at posts and people were like I got a BL+BL, who thought badlands and badlands upgrade made sense. Calling it the premium package makes sense due to the upgraded interior. Calling the Badlands package made it seem like I had to get that too to get the badlands features I thought were already included.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

GaryS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Why don't they just call them all "Premium" packages, or "Extra Cash Outta Pocket" packages? Having different names for each trim line is still confusing.

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Why don't they just call them all "Premium" packages, or "Extra Cash Outta Pocket" packages? Having different names for each trim line is still confusing.
It seems like they're working overtime to denote value for each bronco version by calling the upgrade packages different things. I'm sure if you're staring at that all the time for work it makes sense.

If you're looking to buy a car it makes sense to have the Big Bend, Big Bend +, Outer Banks, Outer Banks +, Badlands, Badlands +. Then a potential customer can be like, oh cool, whats included in the plus model. Which is what Ford is trying to inform with with the different upgrade names, but kinda messed it up.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a33359649/2021-ford-bronco-trim-names-secrets/. Does anyone know how Ford came up with the national parks they did to use for the model names? So many national parks, how did Big Bend, Outer Banks, and Badlands get chosen? The article seems to explain Big Bend. The Outer Banks might include Cape Hatteras, which is hardly a great name for a car, & Badlands is a pretty good name. But why not Grand Canyon? Too similar to the GMC Canyon? Which of course is why they wouldn’t pick Sequoia. In the end I’m just assuming they picked names they thought sounded good & marketable.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Awesome, I’m ready to order the ‘extra cash outta pocket’ package for sure! I’d better spring for the ‘increase monthly payment’ option as well.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Packages, not trims. Read enough online and you'll see the confusion the Big Bend with Big Bend package and Badlands with Badlands package and Outer Banks with Outer Banks packages caused. I was fine with it, but you see how people get confused when a feature is in the Outer Banks package and people are like I have an Outer Banks! and the Ford people have to explain, yeah, but not the OB Package!

fkent

Badlands
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F350, 2022 Bronco Sport BL, 1974 MGB
Packages, not trims. Read enough online and you'll see the confusion the Big Bend with Big Bend package and Badlands with Badlands package and Outer Banks with Outer Banks packages caused. I was fine with it, but you see how people get confused when a feature is in the Outer Banks package and people are like I have an Outer Banks! and the Ford people have to explain, yeah, but not the OB Package!
This is what I need!!

https://www.gatewaybronco.com/
Sponsored