JKWomack

Outer Banks
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
It looks amazing. Do the guards make a significant difference in keeping the back glass from becoming a hot mess in bad weather? It's the only bad thing I have to say about mine. I live in a place that has snow on the ground nearly half the year and I've taken to carrying windex wipes with me, because it drives me batty.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cursed Bronco

Cursed Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It looks amazing. Do the guards make a significant difference in keeping the back glass from becoming a hot mess in bad weather? It's the only bad thing I have to say about mine. I live in a place that has snow on the ground nearly half the year and I've taken to carrying windex wipes with me, because it drives me batty.
Thanks! I couldn't tell you yet. We have had pretty much nothing but sun since installation. We do tend to get some inclement weather here in Indy in the winter, but you might have to wait 6 months or so before I could give you an update on that... I assume it would help a little, but I am not too sure. I agree, though. I am constantly cleaning my glass at the gas stations.

Uncle Buck

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I would be very doubtful that the mud flaps would make much of a difference to how the rear glass gets dirty in wet or snowy weather. The mess on the glass is coming up from the airflow underneath the car. This is an issue with any vehicle with a fairly flat vertical profile on the back. I suspect that is why so many of the small SUVs these days have the forward rake to the rear windshield. It was a problem years ago with what they called "Station Wagons" and has continued with any vehicle with the flat vertical profile.

The undercarriage moving over the road creates a suction that picks up the moisture, along with a fair amount of dirt. The air carrying that junk then swirls up from beneath the vehicle and is deposited on the window and liftgate. In the 80s there were aftermarket "spoilers" that mounted to the top of the liftgate or rear edge of the roof to pick up air moving over the roof and direct it downward over the glass to disrupt that airflow. I had them on my '79 Scout, '89 XJ Cherokee and a '93 Suburban and they all were effective to a degree, some better than others. Aftermarket folks might come up with something similar for the Sport. If they do, I would likely buy one.

EDITED TO ADD: I should have used The Google before writing that last couple of sentences. Seems that ford has one available already:

Bronco Sport Rear Spoiler

Last edited:

Mwittke5857

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Thanks, man! I think they add a real nice look against the black since they're smoked lens. I'll admit they don't look as good on other colors
I like the fact that they do not stand out, would like to know who makes them and where to buy

Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Hey guys! I just got the splash guards installed from Ford and wanted to share my "build."

I have inadvertently went for an all black look, but I am digging the way it looks. I know there are differing opinions on the Archaic tail lights, so you go ahead and roast me if you'd like. I would like to also match the front and rear tints for an overall better look.

I have the lift kit installed as well (from the dealer). I think my next item will be the roof spoiler but I haven't made up my mind yet. Also I will probably have the dealer sticker taken off and may consider the silver bronco logo for the right corner of the hatch.

This is my first time sharing pictures on here after lurking for a long time so I wanted to introduce myself!

P.s. if you look closely you can see my Big Bend emblem came crooked from the factory.
Ford Bronco Sport Ford Splash Guards installed! 20230523_101949
Ford Bronco Sport Ford Splash Guards installed! 20230523_101957
Ford Bronco Sport Ford Splash Guards installed! 20230523_102011
Looks great!! 👍 how was the process of getting the lift done by the dealer? If I got a lift I’d like to go that route! I dig the tail lights too!

OP
OP
Cursed Bronco

Cursed Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I like the fact that they do not stand out, would like to know who makes them and where to buy
These are from Ford. I used Reward Points to purchase and pay for installation at my local dealer. I am not sure, but I think they were around $60 for each set, plus installation charge.

OP
OP
Cursed Bronco

Cursed Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Looks great!! 👍 how was the process of getting the lift done by the dealer? If I got a lift I’d like to go that route! I dig the tail lights too!
It was really smooth. I was interested in the vehicle and they informed me I couldn't get it yet because they were going to modify it. It was the lift plus wheels and tires. So I told them that was what I was going to do anyway so I picked it up about 24 hours later. They outsourced it to 4wheel parts here in Indianapolis. A few months in I had the sway bar clunking issue but a trip to the shop had it fixed in about 10 minutes (loose hardware).

The tail lights are the Archaic brand LED lights. There are some other brands popping up but selling the same lights. They are 100% Defender clone lights but I think they look amazing. There is a lot of mixed reviews on here with people loving or hating them and saying they look cheap, but I disagree. There is also concern that the lights aren't bright but they are very bright even with the smoked lens. The brightness claims are unfounded - I've had them for about a year and my main concern was the brightness. I was going to return them if the light sucked, but it did not.

OP
OP
Cursed Bronco

Cursed Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thanks! I couldn't tell you yet. We have had pretty much nothing but sun since installation. We do tend to get some inclement weather here in Indy in the winter, but you might have to wait 6 months or so before I could give you an update on that... I assume it would help a little, but I am not too sure. I agree, though. I am constantly cleaning my glass at the gas stations.
Update: not really 🤣🤣

OP
OP
Cursed Bronco

Cursed Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
These are from Ford. I used Reward Points to purchase and pay for installation at my local dealer. I am not sure, but I think they were around $60 for each set, plus installation charge.
I ment the tail lights
Sorry I just realized that. They are Archaic from Amazon. I did install myself and it was smooth. Had to pull back the weather stripping in the rear hatch a bit remove some hard plastic trim pieces to expose the bolts. It was a 20 minute job.

westcoaster818

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Hey guys! I just got the splash guards installed from Ford and wanted to share my "build."

I have inadvertently went for an all black look, but I am digging the way it looks. I know there are differing opinions on the Archaic tail lights, so you go ahead and roast me if you'd like. I would like to also match the front and rear tints for an overall better look.

I have the lift kit installed as well (from the dealer). I think my next item will be the roof spoiler but I haven't made up my mind yet. Also I will probably have the dealer sticker taken off and may consider the silver bronco logo for the right corner of the hatch.

This is my first time sharing pictures on here after lurking for a long time so I wanted to introduce myself!

P.s. if you look closely you can see my Big Bend emblem came crooked from the factory.
Ford Bronco Sport Ford Splash Guards installed! 20230523_101949
Ford Bronco Sport Ford Splash Guards installed! 20230523_101957
Ford Bronco Sport Ford Splash Guards installed! 20230523_102011
Cool what do they do? Keep mud from building up?

OP
OP
Cursed Bronco

Cursed Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Cool what do they do? Keep mud from building up?
If I were being honest, I couldn't tell you. They do help with water and rooster tails a bit, but they do get caked with material if its the right consistency (wet snow). I haven't had thick mud so I can't speak to that, but it keeps the sides of the fenders/doors a bit cleaner that it used to. They did get caked with slush/ice over the last few weeks, but so did everything else along the sides/undercarriage.

I mainly got them for the aesthetic purpose of it.
Sponsored