Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Not sure if this had been mentioned or not yet, but thought some of you might want to know this.

"We did not engineer Bronco Sport for flat towing, as our research shows relatively few customers plan to tow Bronco Sports versus Bronco owners. However, we are always listening to our customers and are open to their feedback on desired future capabilities."
https://www.motor1.com/news/445052/ford-bronco-sport-no-flat-towing/
Sponsored

Geelloo90042

Badlands
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport-Badlands
Let's start a change.org petition!!..just kidding. Don't take that seriously. Hey Bronco now has a manual transmission for the Sasquatch package due to its rabid fanbase

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Let's start a change.org petition!!..just kidding. Don't take that seriously. Hey Bronco now has a manual transmission for the Sasquatch package due to its rabid fanbase
Too bad there's not a rabid fanbase advocating for a manual transmission Sport.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
I am very disappointed. I would buy a Sport only when I can flat tow behind an RV.
That would have been a big issue for me too, but I downsized to a class B and no longer need a toad.

BobSlydel21

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Serious question... and spoken with respect for anyone’s wishes... doesn’t flat towing put a lot of stress on a vehicle over time... are folks going to drop 35k and up to pull a Bronco? Not a statement I swear, I know I couldn’t afford that. I usually see 2 door hybrids out there behind rv’s not off road trucks and jeeps.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Wranglers are probably the #1 towed vehicle. I’ve towed both a Wrangler and a Grand Cherokee. I don’t think the $35k entry fee would stop a lot of RVers if it was an option. If you include an aux braking system it’ll cost 10% on top of that to get it set up to tow. A lot of it has to do with weight. Even base Wranglers now push the limits for gas engine Class A's. When I had a gasser I towed an older Wrangler with a stick, no A/C and a 4 cylinder. When I switched to a diesel pusher coach I could tow the Grand Cherokee. Those new little hybrids are so light anything can tow them.

Last edited:

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
As bad as a big coaches MPG's are even without towing a small vehicle I'd go the route my brother took.
He got a F-150 extra cab with that twin Turbo v-6 and pulled a rather nice travel trailer.
I forget the trailer length but remember the weight. 6,400 pounds loaded.
I think he got 11.5 mpg and when the camper was all set up he drove the Truck at 21 mpg.

My buddy up the mountain gets 7 mpg in his motor home and 18 in his jeep that he pulls.
Like my brother I'd prefer to drive and tow with the F-150 especially since the bulk of the trip miles
is at 11 plus mpg and not 7.

RLader

Outer Banks
First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Serious question... and spoken with respect for anyone’s wishes... doesn’t flat towing put a lot of stress on a vehicle over time... are folks going to drop 35k and up to pull a Bronco? Not a statement I swear, I know I couldn’t afford that. I usually see 2 door hybrids out there behind rv’s not off road trucks and jeeps.
I am the road alot and have seen full sized SUV's towed behind RV's.
Sponsored