Ecromer

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
My 2022 badlands cannot connect or activate on our Ford pass app. We have had the car for two weeks now. Since it will not activate on our app, we still have not gotten our points from purchasing the car. We have gotten a few different errors, but usually it is a message saying that the ford pass app cannot change the authorization to activate this vehicle.

List of things I have tried:

Calling dealer- "Well it could take a month to activate.... just wait"
Calling ford support- "We have no idea, we will call back with an answer" .... its been over a week since I called.
Deleted app.
Tried different phone.
Tried new account on app.
Unplugged battery for two hours
Did the whole close vehicle door hit lock button two times reset thingy that is some kind of master reset.
Reset the sync system
Updated sync system
probably thirty other things I am forgetting.

Anyone else have this issue or an idea for a solution. I do not care much about the app. I just want my points.
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Have you tried logging in to owner.ford.com? I recall seeing something about using the same email address on the app as you use at Ford's website.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
My 2022 badlands cannot connect or activate on our Ford pass app. We have had the car for two weeks now. Since it will not activate on our app, we still have not gotten our points from purchasing the car. We have gotten a few different errors, but usually it is a message saying that the ford pass app cannot change the authorization to activate this vehicle.

Calling ford support- "We have no idea, we will call back with an answer" .... its been over a week since I called.
Deleted app.
Tried different phone.
Did the whole close vehicle door hit lock button two times reset thingy that is some kind of master reset.
Reset the sync system
Updated sync system

Anyone else have this issue or an idea for a solution. I do not care much about the app. I just want my points.
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

OP
OP
Ecromer

Ecromer

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes no luck there. I can sign in and see my car. But I have zero points. It says I must activate my vehicle from the app before they will transfer over.

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
Yes no luck there. I can sign in and see my car. But I have zero points. It says I must activate my vehicle from the app before they will transfer over.
As above from Mark S.
https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/sync/sync-3/how-do-i-activate-fordpass-connect-using-sync-3/
The points will take a while
I recall mine were well beyond two weeks time
I've had my BS almost a month and a half
Still waiting for my extended warranty to show up on the app

Dealer reply : "As for the warranty , my finance manager confirmed that the warranty is active in the Ford system which is pulled by your VIN at any Ford dealer in North America. The Ford Pass app unfortunately doesn't always carry over that info from the Ford system."

OP
OP
Ecromer

Ecromer

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is not that I am waiting on the points, I cannot get the vehicle to even activate. On my app it still says activate vehicle and when I try it fails and gives me error messages.

Bronco307

Badlands
First Name
Kade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 22 Big Bend
I had the exact same problem with my 22 Badlands. The dealer couldn't figure it out and neither could Ford when I called them. I deleted it from the account, reset it in the vehicle settings, and then unhooked the battery for about 20 minutes. After that it loaded up and worked just like it is supposed to. The Ford representative said something about it being stuck in "transit mode" so it could not be set up and they weren't able to get it to work remotely. I tried a bunch of different things but ultimately deleting and unhooking worked for me.

HomePeace

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
As above from Mark S.
https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/sync/sync-3/how-do-i-activate-fordpass-connect-using-sync-3/
The points will take a while
I recall mine were well beyond two weeks time
I've had my BS almost a month and a half
Still waiting for my extended warranty to show up on the app

Dealer reply : "As for the warranty , my finance manager confirmed that the warranty is active in the Ford system which is pulled by your VIN at any Ford dealer in North America. The Ford Pass app unfortunately doesn't always carry over that info from the Ford system."
Check your paperwork. Did you buy Ford Protect or did your dealer sneak in some third party warranty? My dealer switched me to some First Protect crap sold by Assurant. I cancelled it and went with Ford Protect with Granger and after signing the docusign, it was on my FordPass almost an hour later.

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
Check your paperwork. Did you buy Ford Protect or did your dealer sneak in some third party warranty? My dealer switched me to some First Protect crap sold by Assurant. I cancelled it and went with Ford Protect with Granger and after signing the docusign, it was on my FordPass almost an hour later.
Confirmed
Ford Protect
App function still wonky
went to pay using app points a couple days back
nothappeningtoday.jpg
show clerk points on phone app 42,000
he says "take the items, well catch up with it later"

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks

Deleted app.
Tried different phone.
Reset the sync system
Updated sync system

I had the same problem with ours, the dealer couldn't get it to connect either.
I found that if the BS is parked near other vehicles it may not connect. I drove to a higher elevation, out in the open and it connected no problem.

HomePeace

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
he says "take the items, well catch up with it later"
Ya I had the same issue on the points. Picked up the floor mats with points, they weren't deducted. Went in to order the sill plates and made a comment that the points were never deducted. He pulled it up and showed they were "claimed" by the dealership and other orders from the same date and later were already marked complete. Sure enough as I leave, FordPass pushed a notification that the points were finally removed off my account. Only took 8 days.

The order for my bumper protector, cargo storage and cargo mat at a different dealer came off instantly as I was still awaiting to pay the cashier.
Sponsored