Ford confirms First Edition Sport will not have Co-Pilot 360 +

Will you walk away from the FE Sport knowing it’s not “fully loaded” as Ford led us to believe?

• I’ll ditch my plans altogether and will keep my current vehicle.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
What will you do? I think Ford’s misleading us, First Edition was supposed to be fully loaded.
Sponsored

COBronco

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Probably keep the FE unless I really don't like it when it is finally built/delivered. It is disappointing but I'm really not surprised as the literature from Ford never listed it as standard or as an option.

Btw, I also ordered an Area 51 FE on August 7 but my build date isn't until January 4 so I have a lot of time to think about switching to a BL + BL to get a choice of colors, add Assist + AND save money....

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
What will you do? I think Ford’s misleading us, First Edition was supposed to be fully loaded.
This just doesn't make a lot of sense. Makes me extra glad I switched to a BL + BL months ago when I realized I could get more - and exactly what I wanted - for less... not that I've seen a hint of it being scheduled! :frown:

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I don't have a dog in the fight as I am not purchasing a FE, but that is not a package I would miss much. The technology is not mature and I've driven over a million miles without needing it thus far.

P.S. - I'm not an old technology adverse geezer, rather a Control Systems Software Engineer and IT Geek by profession. It's just not that great.

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
I'll say once again there's zero chance the first station doesn't have all the tech the BL/BL has. They're getting build at the same time and at the same factory for more cost.

I don't care myself I wouldn't have gotten an fe anyway just cuz I don't like the blue interior.

Donnie722

First Edition
First Name
Donel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti g37x
I'm gonna stick with the FE but may factor in me leasing rather than buying, anticipating there will updated trims and options in 2 or 3 years.

Based on experience thus far, I'm hoping when the first FE is delivered and analyzed on this forum is when we'll know the real deal.

which speaks to how clutch this site has been adding some transparency to the process!

DropTheWorld

First Edition
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
We lose the cool rear under-seat storage as well. Add the outdated Sync 3 (while big brother gets sync 4 and huge screen), and combined MPG around 21... Not worth the $40k plus tax price tag. I'm aiming to get 4 door outer banks in the low $40s. I think some of us also assumed or hoped that the FE would have great resell value. Now, there's just no way. What features does the FE have that people are clamoring for? All we got are stickers! Stickers!

Hopefully my dealer will be friendly since I will be gifting them a FE BS in Cyber Orange. That's gonna look great in their show room.

DropTheWorld

First Edition
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Is it really outdated though? What is it that sync 4 has that makes sync 3 obsolete? What has a combined 21 mpg?
Yes, the moment there's a Sync 4, the previous becomes outdated. Not useless, but by definition, out dated.

My apologies on 21 combined mpg. the 2.0l engine for BS gets reported 23 combined mpg

DropTheWorld

First Edition
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Isn’t the bronco 2/4 dr outdated by definition? It doesn’t allow for auto pilot or parking assist like the Mach-e
Did the prior 2/4 door have auto pilot or parking assist? I never made a claim about an entire car being out dated; I simply pointed out that while Sync 4 exists, Ford chose to give the BS Sync 3, an older and now out dated version.

Ponds

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I’m really holding out to see what actually will be included when they start arriving at the dealerships. I won’t likely see mine until mid-March. So I have some time to decide. I can live without Copilot 360 Assist +, but really need Sync (GPS) navigation. My FE specs say “less navigation console” I know it’s still listed in The info details for Sync 3 as “available”. Usually available means it’s an available option not included. Waiting to hear back from my dealer.

Sync 3 was probably carried over from the Escape platform to avoid a design delay and keep parts cost down. I’ll be okay with that even though I’d really like Sync 4.

OP
OP
Bdub

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
If I’m incorrect regarding Assist + not being available on the FE I would like someone to prove otherwise. Below is a tweet response from Mike Levine, North America product manager for Ford, when I asked him why the FE was not equipped with +

Ford Bronco Sport Ford confirms First Edition Sport will not have Co-Pilot 360 + 5F271F33-A9E7-4EB4-819D-33B757A42B12

Donnie722

First Edition
First Name
Donel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti g37x
totally agree that is a miss. if it was not meant to have all available options I think it shouldn't have been advertised it as 'fully loaded' on the initial description.

The next explanation I'd love to hear is how they valued the car at 40K if not made to include all the features, and at least my FE is not scheduled until 2/8. which doesn't seem to be as 'early as possible' based on the data from this site.

teschmann

First Edition
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I got my "window sticker" for my FE today and it clearly shows Ford Co-Pilot 360 is included.

I am disappointed the FE does NOT include Adaptive Cruise Control even though some of the other Bronco Sport models do include it.

Ford Bronco Sport Ford confirms First Edition Sport will not have Co-Pilot 360 + 1606877699959
Sponsored