Ford Bronco Sport ordering process - how should it work?

freqnc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Hi All!
My first post on this forum - I am a foreign national living in the US for a few years and I would like to know about the whole ordering process as I'm sure most of you are familiar with - I ordered a Ford Bronco Sport Badlands on February 1. 2022 and paid the non-refundable partial payment of 1000$ and haven't heard back from the dealer since. Yesterday I called the dealer and they said that they don't see the order.
Now I'm reading here that there should be a order confirmation from Ford shortly after making the order?
Can the dealer just take my money and do nothing?
I have limited time left on my visa and I sure cannot start waiting all over from the beginning... what can I do about this?
Sponsored

Kritas

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I'd suggest that you go see the dealer with your proof of payment for the deposit. Try to speak with the same person(s) that you worked with when you paid your deposit to work things out. No, a dealer cannot legally keep your deposit for no reason. It's likely that this is a miscommunication at the dealership.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Hi All!
My first post on this forum - I am a foreign national living in the US for a few years and I would like to know about the whole ordering process as I'm sure most of you are familiar with - I ordered a Ford Bronco Sport Badlands on February 1. 2022 and paid the non-refundable partial payment of 1000$ and haven't heard back from the dealer since. Yesterday I called the dealer and they said that they don't see the order.
Now I'm reading here that there should be a order confirmation from Ford shortly after making the order?
I have limited time left on my visa and I sure cannot start waiting all over from the beginning... what can I do about this?
Hopefully everybody has many better suggestions than I do. I had something similar happen once years ago now & ended up not buying a car at all. Still, youā€™d think the dealer should know. Do they mean they donā€™t see it being produced yet? Or they canā€™t even find a record theyā€™ve submitted the order? Hereā€™s what I got at time of order from my dealer. Unless they just completely forgot to submit the order and arenā€™t admitting that yet, they should have something like this at a minimum Iā€™d think.
Ford Bronco Sport Ford Bronco Sport ordering process - how should it work? 1651154425451

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Hi All!
When i ordered a maverick i got email from ford next day.. and the deposit should always be refundable.. call the gm. If that doesnt work call ford. Then the attorney general. Do you have proof of deposit

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
Hi All!
I'd suggest that you go see the dealer with your proof of payment for the deposit. Try to speak with the same person(s) that you worked with when you paid your deposit to work things out. No, a dealer cannot legally keep your deposit for no reason. It's likely that this is a miscommunication at the dealership.
Follow Kritas suggestion
Also I'd first try communications with emails
They come in handy for records (timestamp, dates, numbers)
If emails do not work an in person visit does apply more pressure
What you need is this
A Dealer Code and a Order Code
They are two separate codes
One identifies the dealer
The other is your order from this dealer
Save them for your records
More info can be obtained from the Ford Chat Line
Ford Bronco Sport Ford Bronco Sport ordering process - how should it work? 1651155283111

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Follow Kritas suggestion
Also I'd first try communications with emails
They come in handy for records (timestamp, dates, numbers)
If emails do not work an in person visit does apply more pressure
What you need is this
A Dealer Code and a Order Code
They are two separate codes
One identifies the dealer
The other is your order from this dealer
Save them for your records
More info can be obtained from the Ford Chat Line
Ford Bronco Sport Ford Bronco Sport ordering process - how should it work? 1651155283111
Im one of those alpha male a holes.. i do not wait around for people to reply to me. I show up.. i get shit done everytime

OP
OP
freqnc

freqnc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully everybody has many better suggestions than I do. I had something similar happen once years ago now & ended up not buying a car at all. Still, youā€™d think the dealer should know. Do they mean they donā€™t see it being produced yet? Or they canā€™t even find a record theyā€™ve submitted the order? Hereā€™s what I got at time of order from my dealer. Unless they just completely forgot to submit the order and arenā€™t admitting that yet, they should have something like this at a minimum Iā€™d think.
Ford Bronco Sport Ford Bronco Sport ordering process - how should it work? 1651154425451
Yeah I have the similar thing plus the paper attached to it is titled "Contract of Sale" and is signed by the sales manager. And obviously the paid amount is visible on the bank statement. They said that they don't see any orders ever made with my name or phone number so it does look like they did not even submit the order...

Ford Bronco Sport Ford Bronco Sport ordering process - how should it work? IMG_0483 2

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Dealer should be able to look at the Visibilty Report and see the order and current status of the order. Sometimes only certain ppl at dealer have access to that system. If they cannot provide status of the order then get a refund.

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Weā€™re about to order a Badlands from our local dealer.

All they require is a $100 deposit with no other obligations.

They said we can opt for any deal/incentives Ford or the dealership offers in the time it takes to get the vehicle.

Is that standard procedure?

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Yeah I have the similar thing plus the paper attached to it is titled "Contract of Sale" and is signed by the sales manager. And obviously the paid amount is visible on the bank statement. They said that they don't see any orders ever made with my name or phone number so it does look like they did not even submit the order...

Ford Bronco Sport Ford Bronco Sport ordering process - how should it work? IMG_0483 2
They may not have. I mean they have to enter something into the system to come up with the order preview, but there may be a sales manager or something has to actually hit ā€˜submitā€™ or ā€™approveā€™ on the order. Yikes! I figured youā€™d be golden with the order preview, just because yes something has to be entered somewhere to generate that.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Weā€™re about to order a Badlands from our local dealer.

All they require is a $100 deposit with no other obligations.

They said we can opt for any deal/incentives Ford or the dealership offers in the time it takes to get the vehicle.

Is that standard procedure?
Sounds very standard to me. Thatā€™s a nice deposit price actually, I think I gave them $1,000 even if it does get applied to the price of the vehicle eventually.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
When i ordered a maverick i got email from ford next day.. and the deposit should always be refundable.. call the gm. If that doesnt work call ford. Then the attorney general. Do you have proof of deposit
The deposits are not always refundable. I have no issue giving a deposit. It shows you are serious and have some skin in the game. On the flip side, Ford only required a 100 reservation deposit that is 100% refundable on my 2 door Bronco but yet, Iā€™m still patiently waiting. Granger wonā€™t take a deposit until they think it can be scheduled. These are bit different times. Every car that come in can get sold. There were times that want the case. Not everyone wanted a pink Cadillac. Putting down a small deposit is reasonable. Most dealers will refund it if there is a good reason and itā€™s not a custom unicorn.

Last edited:
Reactions: MJE

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
The deposits are not always refundable. I have no issue giving a deposit. It shows you are serious and have some skin in the game. On the flip side, Ford only required a 100 reservation deposit that is 100% refundable on my 2 door Bronco but yet, Iā€™m still patiently waiting. Granger wonā€™t take a deposit until they think it can be scheduled. These are bit different times. Every car that come in can get sold. There were times that want the case. Not everyone wanted a pink Cadillac. Putting down a small deposit is reasonable. Most dealers will refund it if there is a good reason and itā€™s not a custom unicorn.
Your just messing with the wrong dealer.. those guys make more money if you cancel because that way they can put adm on it.. what if a dealer puts a surprise markup after your vehicle arrives and you have a 2000 dollar non refundable.... where is your skin in the game then ... i wont deal with these selfish dealers while waiting 6 months for a car .. my dad ran ford dealers for 40 years.. never ran it that way.. and because a pandemic certain dealers just try to take advantage... they are not the only dealer

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
My original order went through a large dealer in the Detroit circle. I paid a fairly standard refundable $500 deposit to show good faith. I was sent a copy of my order selection and price out the door for approval before submission to Ford. All email went through the dealer, I was never in the system and the dealer said that's how they do it, they never share personal information.
The order was submitted with a priority 10 knowing I had a lease to trade in. Within a week my dealer sent an email confirming my order and would keep me posted as things progressed. It fell into the parts constraints, covid struggles, and chipgate. Eventually received a window sticker, but another dealer had my exact build on the lot, with keys locked in his desk. I bought the bird in hand, and my deposit from the order was promptly refunded. The sold my build same day if showed on their lot...for MSRP. I'd go back to them in a second. I feel the OP was taken advantage of with the visa issues and constraints.
Sponsored