First Edition
First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Hi everyone.
I am thinking to buy ford bronco sport .
I read a lot of bad review about the engines are going to used for Bronco sport.
Ford ecoboost 1.5l and 2.0l engine problems , how reliable are they?
I don’t want spend about 40,000 for unreliable ford ecoboost. Is the 2.7 ecoboost engine is better. If so I might consider to buy the bronco 4 doors with 2.7 l ecoboost engine.
Sponsored

hawkonthego

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
My 2.0 Liter in my Fusion with over 100k miles no problems to report. It has been very reliable & no oil consumption. If that engine was troublesome I would not be looking to buy a Bronco Sport.

rms34208

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape 2013 SEL
Hi everyone.
I read a lot of bad review about the engines are going to used for Bronco sport.
I don’t want spend about 40,000 for unreliable ford ecoboost. Is the 2.7 ecoboost engine is better. If so I might consider to buy the bronco 4 doors with 2.7 l ecoboost engine.
Consider the 2.0 Lt , 1.5 has 3 cylinders , if you go off-road the extra power will make a difference.

BroncoFan1

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Hi everyone.
Hi, I am also interested in getting a Ford Bronco Sport but I'm undecided between the 1.5L or 2.0L. Does anyone have any input on how either of them drive, since people are starting to buy them now? YouTube reviewers have said the power in the 1.5L is sufficient but the 2.0L has a good amount of power.

Also, is reliability something to be concerned about? I saw the Ford Escape uses the same engines and I haven't been able to find anything regarding reliability for either engine option.

Last edited:

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Hi, I am also interested in getting a Ford Bronco Sport but I'm undecided between the 1.5L or 2.0L. Does anyone have any input on how either of them drive, since people are starting to buy them now? YouTube reviewers have said the power in the 1.5L is sufficient but the 2.0L has a good amount of power.

Also, is reliability a concern? I saw the Ford Escape uses the same engines and I haven't been able to find anything regarding reliability for either engine option.
It might not make much of a difference which engine I'd choose, but I'm a bit more inclined to the 2.0 L in the Badlands since it is quicker, more powerful, and likely more refined than the base 1.5-liter. As far as reliability goes, I'm not really sure, but I have heard some good reviews about Ford EcoBoost engines.

BroncoFan1

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
It might not make much of a difference which engine I'd choose, but I'm a bit more inclined to the 2.0 L in the Badlands since it is quicker, more powerful, and likely more refined than the base 1.5-liter. As far as reliability goes, I'm not really sure, but I have heard some good reviews about Ford EcoBoost engines.
I was leaning toward the 2.0L as well for those same reasons. I thought I'd give the 1.5L a look though, because it's cheaper than the Badlands.

I'm hoping both engines will be reliable.

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
I was leaning toward the 2.0L as well for those same reasons. I thought I'd give the 1.5L a look though, because it's cheaper than the Badlands.

I'm hoping both engines will be reliable.
I test drove a 1.5L Big Bend last night and it definitely was quicker than my 13’ impreza. Plenty of acceleration even up hills from a stop.

BroncoFan1

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I test drove a 1.5L Big Bend last night and it definitely was quicker than my 13’ impreza. Plenty of acceleration even up hills from a stop.
That's great! Maybe I should just go with the 1.5L! ?‍♂ However, it would be nice to have some extra power with the 2.0L.

I'm still trying to figure out if I need the additional GOAT modes that the Badlands offers.

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
It really depends on what you are coming from in your current vehicle. I currently have the 2.0 in an escape and I’m used to the power so there’s no way I’m dropping down to the 1.5. If you are used to less power in your current ride, it should be just fine.

BroncoFan1

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
It really depends on what you are coming from in your current vehicle. I currently have the 2.0 in an escape and I’m used to the power so there’s no way I’m dropping down to the 1.5. If you are used to less power in your current ride, it should be just fine.
How is the power in your Escape? Is there enough power to pass cars on the highway?

Have you had any issues or recalls with your 2.0L Escape engine?

BobH

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Miata GT 97 f150 21 BS BL
I've had a 2014 Escape since it was new. Titanium with the 2.0 ecoboost. 90,000 miles without a hickup and I drive it hard at times. 240 hp and 0-60 under 7 seconds. No mode selection back then. What I have read is that as long as you service it regularly you shouldn't have any problems. Personally I love the 2.0. Ordered a BL because of that.

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
How is the power in your Escape? Is there enough power to pass cars on the highway?

Have you had any issues or recalls with your 2.0L Escape engine?
2.0 in my escape is great. Never had any problems with it. Most of my commute is over 85 mph and I have no problem entering the highway or passing other cars.

BroncoFan1

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I've had a 2014 Escape since it was new. Titanium with the 2.0 ecoboost. 90,000 miles without a hickup and I drive it hard at times. 240 hp and 0-60 under 7 seconds. No mode selection back then. What I have read is that as long as you service it regularly you shouldn't have any problems. Personally I love the 2.0. Ordered a BL because of that.
Thank you for the reassurance!

BroncoFan1

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
2.0 in my escape is great. Never had any problems with it. Most of my commute is over 85 mph and I have no problem entering the highway or passing other cars.
Thank you! I feel better now and I'll plan on getting the 2.0L.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands