Ford Bronco engine review

VapourTrails

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
There is artificial engine rumble added through the sound system in the 2.0L models -- maybe a greater amount in Sport mode. I have not pinpointed it to the sound system with my own ears -- but the sound is "suspicious" to my ears.
Yes I noticed that as well. Do you think that is also in low idle. Maybe that's what I am hearing? Seems quite loud and not particularly pleasant. Disappears once the car is up to speed.
Sponsored

BagOJuice

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Got a Badlands, so i have the 2L and have been loving the feel of it. This is my first Ford and i have to say i am very impressed with this thing. It has had more than enough power for everything Ive thrown at it so far. Plus more than enough power to pass and merge onto the highway quickly.

fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport Badlands, 2019 VW Golf R
My wife and I test drove both and were underwhelmed with the 1.5 (did not try sport mode). Looking it up, the acceleration is on par with my wifes 01 escape v6, which is disappointing and we felt it was noticeably rougher. The 2.0 felt good, power was well suited for the weight of the Badlands. Not sure it needs much more power than it has but I spoke with Burger Motorsport and they're checking to see if the JB4 piggyback they sell for the 2.3 and 1.6 ecoboost will fit the 2.0 or 1.5. Fingers crossed Ford used the same boost sensors. Love the JB4 on my 2.0t VW. It has made for a very fast car.
Sponsored