Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
The tool roll is really cool, and if you don't look closely, you won't see that each individual tool is also Bronco-branded and logo etched. However, I agree that the tools themselves look like something you would find in a Lowe's aisle. Nothing special but that's true of most all merchandise these days. At that price, I just like the picture. At half that price, I wouldn't be overly embarrassed to put it on a Santa list. At 1/3 that price, I would probably be a buyer.
Sponsored

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
Free shipping can be to a dealership of your choice or to your address. Either is free on Orders $20 or more (there are some restrictions on this like a max weight).

But maybe you cannot combine free shipping with using ford points IDK.

If you have time this week call Ford Parts at 844-589-0060 and ask about using points and free shipping and why you cannot order if thereā€™s a 1-2 biz day wait plus any other questions like the issue with your phone # etc.

never had a problem ordering before but I didnā€™t use points.
Btw it shows you can use Ford points

Also some parts are 5% off, and you can get $20 off an order of $75 or more if itā€™s your first order.

Ford Bronco Sport Ford Accessories Bronoc Tool Kit IMG_3820

Ford Bronco Sport Ford Accessories Bronoc Tool Kit IMG_3818

Ford Bronco Sport Ford Accessories Bronoc Tool Kit IMG_3819
Thanks, I appreciate you trying to help.

You said, "But maybe you cannot combine free shipping with using ford points IDK."

Because their website thinks my 30 year old home phone number is "invalid" (first time I've seen that, ever) I could not get to the payment page. There was no mention of Ford points -- I was asked to select a shipping method, selected the slowest (FedEx ground) and charged $8(?)

The order was over $20 (actually over $40) and the shipping was to my address. I have no idea why they wanted to charge for shipping.

You also said, "Btw it shows you can use Ford points." Do you recall where you saw that?

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
I wouldnā€™t put in a home phone number, cell # is fine. Thatā€™s how i ordered.

This is a FordPass Rewards Points FAQ:
ā€œCan these FordPass Rewards Points be used for something other than maintenance visits?

Yes. Members may use their Points for Ford Service, accessories, or anything else that can be redeemed with FordPass Rewards Points. This could include a discount toward the purchase of their next vehicle.ā€

I thought that several owners on this forum posted about Ford parts.com accepting points but I canā€™t be sure if was only for Ford accessories.com ā€¦ and I see back in 2022 your post was one of those accessories website accepting points topics and you had the issues with your home phone back then tooā€¦
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/how-to-use-your-fordpass-reward-points-for-accessories.7025/

At this point itā€™s best if you call Ford Parts at 844-589-0060 and ask about using points and free shipping and ask why you cannot order if thereā€™s a 1-2 biz day wait plus any other questions like fixing the issue with your phone # etc. after 2 years is time to resolve that šŸ˜‰

Ford Bronco Sport Ford Accessories Bronoc Tool Kit IMG_3821
Thanks for the "Blast From the Past." :cool:

I had completely forgotten about that thread. I just read through it. Here's one post of mine:

~~~

"Since my last post, I spoke with the parts guy at our local dealership. He said:

1) Go to https://accessories.ford.com/
2) Find the accessory(s) you want
3) Copy the part number(s) and paste them into https://parts.ford.com/
4) Complete checkout process with "pickup at dealer" selected under shipping
5) Parts dept. will accept FordPass points at time of pickup

He also mentioned a *20%* discount for first time online orders, which he said was another reason to order online -- rather than thru his parts dept.

As a test, I just went through the above steps with a dog harness. Like the rest of the accessories it's overpriced at $100. Unfortunately, the discount was only *10%* ($90).

Also, for some reason, parts.ford.com is telling me the the phone number I've had for 30 years is invalid. So I need to get that straightened out, and ask about the discount.

It does look like that will work though, and save some money (10 or 20%)."

~~~

Many of the other posts in that 2022 thread indicate that others had the same problems and/or questions.

BTW, "TheOEMParts.com" was mentioned in that thread as a source that will ship to your house and will accept Ford Points. I did another dry run and found that while that's true, their shipping is a killer:

Ford Bronco Sport Ford Accessories Bronoc Tool Kit 1715142844840-vr

$32 to ship 4 oil filters?!! Never mind.

You wrote, "I wouldnā€™t put in a home phone number, cell # is fine. Thatā€™s how i ordered."

I tried both numbers, but maybe just using the cell # alone would have worked? The bottom line is, they have 2 boxes for phone numbers and they are not marked 'optional.' They seem to want 2 numbers. Also, I've been online for almost 30 years and have never come across a website that would not accept my phone number.

On top of that are the other issues I mentioned -- like not being able to order parts because they will not be available for 1-2 days. I just ordered some boots that were not going to be available for 2 months! Most vendors are happy to take your order and not charge your card until the item is shipped.

Parts were back ordered (to be fair, that may be a widespread problem, IDK).

Then there was the $8 shipping charge when it is supposed to be free.

At this point, I'm inclined to just shop somewhere else. I really don't want to spend much more time on this. I don't even need anything right now. Worst case, we lose the rest of our points, but hopefully I can find a parts/accessories source that will: a)accept points, b) ship to our place, c) have free or at least reasonable shipping.

If not, my wife doesn't seem to mind going to the dealership as much as I do, so if she must go there, it's not out of the question. That's what she did last time.

You said, "This is a FordPass Rewards Points FAQ":

ā€œCan these FordPass Rewards Points be used for something other than maintenance visits?

Yes. Members may use their Points for Ford Service, accessories, or anything else that can be redeemed with FordPass Rewards Points. This could include a discount toward the purchase of their next vehicle.ā€

I'm almost certain that answer is referring to when the customer is working with the dealership parts dept. in person. Same with the screen grab you posted.

Ford is very clever about not disclosing the fact that customers must be physically in the dealership to use their points. Perhaps items can be ordered online(?), but they must be picked up in person. An exception may be that website "TheOEMParts.com" (above) but their shipping charges are outrageous!

Bottom line -- I did not intend for this to turn into an epic thread. I may call and try to sort things out with parts.ford.com, but in my experience, the quality of customer service has declined to the point where it is not even worth contacting many/most companies. Doing so is often just more aggravating. BTW -- I'm very friendly and polite to CSRs. I know they have a difficult job, and on top of that, it's in the customer's best interest to treat them kindly (more flies with honey...). Even so, many of my interactions are negative. So it's gotten to the point where I do not call a company unless I really have to.

Last edited:

jkeaton

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend / 2013 Escape Titanium
Have it shipped to your nearest Ford dealer, no shipping charges. I just ordered some splash guards for my F150 using my points. Once I got them I realized I ordered the wrong part, so I called, spoke to a customer service rep who was extremely helpful, sent me a shipping label and all I have to do is go to fedx to send them back. They will credit my points back and I can order the correct ones. Easy peasy and no problems with their customer service at all.

Frosty

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
The tool roll is really cool, and if you don't look closely, you won't see that each individual tool is also Bronco-branded and logo etched. However, I agree that the tools themselves look like something you would find in a Lowe's aisle. Nothing special but that's true of most all merchandise these days. At that price, I just like the picture. At half that price, I wouldn't be overly embarrassed to put it on a Santa list. At 1/3 that price, I would probably be a buyer.
I agree. The pricing is quite astronomical, considering the apparent quality. That, and the fact that I have SO MANY hand tools already. Iā€™m sure Ford is hoping alot of owners will feel the need to have a ā€˜completeā€™ Bronco. šŸ™„šŸ˜‚ I feel your price points are just about right on target. šŸ˜Ž
Sponsored