Bronco II

Badlands
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost conv 50 Year App Package
Ford Motor Company has abandoned its trademark filing for Bronco Scout, Ford Authority has discovered.

The Dearborn-based automaker initially filed to register Bronco Scout as a trademark on April 15th, 2019...

The filing, assigned serial number 88386362, was abandoned on September 9th, 2019.

Some erroneously thought that the Bronco Scout name was going to be the name Ford was planning on using for its “baby Bronco” crossover. But abandoning the trademark filing suggests that name is no longer in the running for the vehicle.

Insiders recently told Ford Authority that the automaker is deciding between the Bronco Adventurer and Bronco Sport as monikers for the baby Bronco crossover, and that the Bronco Scout name has not been in the running in recent history. Abandoning the trademark application for the name serves as an unofficial confirmation that this is the case.

As the small Bronco crossover will be called Bronco Sport or Bronco Adventurer, the larger Bronco SUV will simply be called Bronco. The smaller “baby Bronco” model is expected to be revealed and launch prior to the larger Bronco SUV.

Source: http://fordauthority.com/2019/09/ford-abandons-trademark-application-for-bronco-scout/
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

RLM80208

First Name
Robynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
I agree with Lefty. (He beat me to the point!!)
Additionally, I owned an Explorer Sport 5 Speed, so I have a slight affinity to that tag.
HOWEVER I would not mind if Ford challenged the Creative Team to come up with something new!
Bronco Pursuit
Bronco Soar
Bronco Small Fry (just kidding!)

whomst

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
My buddy at Ford said it’s going to be called maverick a long time ago. I still believe that.
I've seen detailed photos of a CAD model of the "Baby Bronco" and it includes a Maverick badge on the right side of the hatch. I also have confidence that it will be called Bronco Maverick.

Carolina Jim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renegade
I also have confidence that it will be called Bronco Maverick.
If you're correct about the 'baby'...and Carmaker1 recently advised "Bronco insignia and B R O N C O in lettering will be on these [several Ford] vehicles in very visible places"....wouldn't it be logical that U725 - THE 2021 Bronco will need to be called Bronco [something]?

whomst

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
If you're correct about the 'baby'...and Carmaker1 recently advised "Bronco insignia and B R O N C O in lettering will be on these [several Ford] vehicles in very visible places"....wouldn't it be logical that U725 - THE 2021 Bronco will need to be called Bronco [something]?
Perhaps. On the CAD model of the Bronco Maverick model, there is a large B R O N C O badge across the middle of the hatch. It's located in the indentation as seen in the leaked photos of the body, via Car & Driver, however it's missing from those photos. Things may have changed, I'm just sharing my insight.

Stampede.Offroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Perhaps. On the CAD model of the Bronco Maverick model, there is a large B R O N C O badge across the middle of the hatch. It's located in the indentation as seen in the leaked photos of the body, via Car & Driver, however it's missing from those photos. Things may have changed, I'm just sharing my insight.
I really hope they changed their minds. :fingerscrossed:

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
wouldn't it be logical that U725 - THE 2021 Bronco will need to be called Bronco [something]?
Could always just pull a page from Ferrari's book...

Bronco TheBronco LOL
Sponsored