Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I posted a comment on another thread asking others to share their experience with the FoMoCo rep here on the forum. Someone noted that thread had been hijacked by all the comments, so I started a new thread here. I think my intent with this has been misunderstood by some. For example:

It doesnt matter what some people think. These same people would be more then Happy for Ford to reach out to help them if they had a issue with their new vehicle. I for one am greatful Ford cares enough to have someone follow these forums. Yes Im sure its a marketing intern but that doesnt matter. They can get your problem and info to the right people that can help you.
To be clear: I WANT a FoMoCo rep here on the forum. Having more avenues of communication is never a bad thing when it comes to dealing with large corporations, especially one that is public.

It's not my intent to bash FoMoCo or any other forum member. Personally, I believe FoMoCo's involvement here is a very good thing for all of us. My intent was to quash the rumors and innuendo that FoMoCo's rep here doesn't actually do anything to help forum users. The only way to disprove an opinion like that is with data, so I've asked those to whom the FoMoCo rep has reached out to share their experience. So far, I've heard from three forum members that say they were helped by FoMoCo's rep. I've also seen a few posts suggesting FoMoCo's rep did nothing for them, but those folks struck me as the never-satisfied type, so I'm inclined to discount them. But I'd like to be sure I'm not cherry picking by ignoring the negative stuff I don't want to hear.

So, here's the deal: I'd like once and for all to quash the idea that FoMoCo representation here on the forum is eyewash. I don't believe that, and I'd like to have the data to back that belief up. So, if you're one of the forum users that has been contacted by the FoMoCo rep please post your experience here—good or bad.
Sponsored

Fordphanatic

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 platinum F150
I posted a comment on another thread asking others to share their experience with the FoMoCo rep here on the forum. Someone noted that thread had been hijacked by all the comments, so I started a new thread here. I think my intent with this has been misunderstood by some. For example:

To be clear: I WANT a FoMoCo rep here on the forum. Having more avenues of communication is never a bad thing when it comes to dealing with large corporations, especially one that is public.

It's not my intent to bash FoMoCo or any other forum member. Personally, I believe FoMoCo's involvement here is a very good thing for all of us. My intent was to quash the rumors and innuendo that FoMoCo's rep here doesn't actually do anything to help forum users. The only way to disprove an opinion like that is with data, so I've asked those to whom the FoMoCo rep has reached out to share their experience. So far, I've heard from three forum members that say they were helped by FoMoCo's rep. I've also seen a few posts suggesting FoMoCo's rep did nothing for them, but those folks struck me as the never-satisfied type, so I'm inclined to discount them. But I'd like to be sure I'm not cherry picking by ignoring the negative stuff I don't want to hear.

So, here's the deal: I'd like once and for all to quash the idea that FoMoCo representation here on the forum is eyewash. I don't believe that, and I'd like to have the data to back that belief up. So, if you're one of the forum users that has been contacted by the FoMoCo rep please post your experience here—good or bad.
You obviously are cherry picking. I dont know what your intention is here but your question has been answered. @FOMOCO has helped myself with having an issue that my dealership was ignorant to,resolved.

OP
OP
Mark S.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You obviously are cherry picking. I dont know what your intention is here but your question has been answered. @FOMOCO has helped myself with having an issue that my dealership was ignorant to,resolved.
??? I thought I stated my intent very clearly. Either the communication process failed, resulting in a misunderstanding (in which case I'm happy to clear up any questions you might have) or you are saying I am lying, which would not be cool. If I've learned anything in the past few years from our esteemed stable of political leaders, personal attacks do not solve problems.

I'm glad you were helped. I hope everyone that works with FoMoCo's rep gets similar help. I'm going to say it one more time just to clear up any further misunderstanding (and I swear I'm not lying): I want to have this kind of data to throw back at those who claim FoMoCo's rep here is just eyewash.

Thanks for sharing.

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport

You know i started that thread yeaterday right .. late to the party
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/has-a-ford-motor-company-rep-assisted-you-with-issues-on-here.5975/post-102737

Fordphanatic

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 platinum F150
??? I thought I stated my intent very clearly. Either the communication process failed, resulting in a misunderstanding (in which case I'm happy to clear up any questions you might have) or you are saying I am lying, which would not be cool. If I've learned anything in the past few years from our esteemed stable of political leaders, personal attacks do not solve problems.

I'm glad you were helped. I hope everyone that works with FoMoCo's rep gets similar help. I'm going to say it one more time just to clear up any further misunderstanding (and I swear I'm not lying): I want to have this kind of data to throw back at those who claim FoMoCo's rep here is just eyewash.

Thanks for sharing.
Wow seems to me like you need a hobby. You want to collect data to disprove what someone else believes. A little to much time on your hands. Im done with this conversation.

OP
OP
Mark S.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Mark S.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow seems to me like you need a hobby. You want to collect data to disprove what someone else believes. A little to much time on your hands. Im done with this conversation.
If all you have to offer is personal attacks then that's fine with me—leave.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
Mark S. You are very clear. I agree it would be helpful to see how many were helped , and how they were helped, by the Ford rep. My 2021 OB has been problem free. My dealership so far has been very good about service. But knowing whether the Ford rep can be helpful is good knowledge to have.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
This may be what you are looking for...
Ford Bronco Sport FoMoCo Forum Rep Assistance. Screenshot_20220508-150705
This is exactly the point I was trying to make in the other thread before evryone started, "it's great we have a Ford rep", or "answer thew Ford rep, they're here to help."

The point of these threads is to share ideas, thoughts, tips and tricks. If we are going to praise the fact a Ford rep is here, but we get responses like these what's the point?

Could this question had been answered if the OP did a search on here? Sure, but to praise Ford's interaction with this answer is bunk.

I'm not saying they CAN'T help, but I think it comes to the situation. With the other post I replied to about the burnt out bulb, a Ford answer similar to this holds no weight and the OP had been better served with input from forum members.

Now if a dealership is giving you a runaround, maybe THEN, would the Ford reps assistance be worthwhile.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
It was a steering wheel lock...every car I've ever owned does it. It's an anti-theft feature that requires the key to disable it...I'd say Ford's response was quite appropriate....see your dealer for basic instructions on driving and read your owners manual.
"The steering wheel's locking anti-theft feature will only engage if the driver moves the steering wheel when the vehicle is turned off and the key is removed from the ignition."

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
It was a steering wheel lock...every car I've ever owned does it. It's an anti-theft feature that requires the key to disable it...I'd say Ford's response was quite appropriate....see your dealer for basic instructions on driving and read your owners manual.
"The steering wheel's locking anti-theft feature will only engage if the driver moves the steering wheel when the vehicle is turned off and the key is removed from the ignition."
So you are saying it's broken... Much better answer. 😂 thanks.

@bjbena
The Ford rep also refers to my mach-e (I don't own) on the bronco sport forum, not very observant to where they are responding
Sponsored