LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I have seen a lot of talk on if ford is on here pretending to help or if they are actually helping solve issues.. let us know about your experience. Are they helpful. I feel they are on here to listen, help, and make future products even better.. what do you think
Sponsored

Last edited:

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
I wouldnā€™t have phrased it as ā€œsolvedā€ your issueā€¦ they arenā€™t mechanics. I would have said ā€œassisted or facilitated in the resolution of your issueā€.

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
I have seen a lot of talk on if ford is on here pretending to help or if they are actually helping solve issues.. let us know about your experience. Are they helpful. I feel they are on here to listen, help, and make future products even better.. what do you think
Perhaps Ford themselves would benefit by dedicating a thread to resolve issues. The random "Hi there Pal, problems?" approach seems genuine but lacking commitment. Posters with issues come here looking for assistance and help.
I would suggest OP's post is heading in the right direction but Ford should take the lead and set up a thread that owners with issues can directly approach them. Direct steps instead of hoping for the "Hi there" lottery hoping they took pity on your problem.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Could the poll be biased? For me for example Iā€™d answer ā€™noā€˜ but thatā€™s not a true answer as Iā€™ve never engaged the Ford representative on here for help with an issue. I hope people are just answering if theyā€™ve worked with the rep, but maybe not?

OP
OP
LilbroncoS

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Could the poll be biased? For me for example Iā€™d answer ā€™noā€˜ but thatā€™s not a true answer as Iā€™ve never engaged the Ford representative on here for help with an issue. I hope people are just answering if theyā€™ve worked with the rep, but maybe not?
I have not had experience with them yet so i did not answer. If it gets out of hand ill delete the poll

Broncolution

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I just sent the rep a question asking to help me directly without referring me back to dealership or calling the customer /marketing line. I will answer poll with how I was assisted.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I just sent the rep a question asking to help me directly without referring me back to dealership or calling the customer /marketing line. I will answer poll with how I was assisted.
I hope it works out, but keep perspective (I have no idea what your question is either) these/all modern vehicles are filled with a mountain of tech and parts. Expecting a "person on the internet" to resolve a problem with a DM is a tall order.
If it's a simple push of a button or setting, I could see it being a quick resolution. If it's a matter of "jump the line" to avoid dealership appointments or calling customer care, I would say it's a biased outcome.

I don't know what folks are missing here. Someone from Ford joined the forum, I know with certainty data is being gathered with each minor/major problem and what better way to problem solve and improve future generations of the sport than REAL DRIVING manifestation.?
Likewise...if the rep can escalate a situation it like your dealer putting a "10 code" on your order and putting you near the front of the line.

I guess I've lived long enough...any time someone lends a hand, you accept it. If you don't need the help, consider yourself lucky. All the "what did they really do" nonsense...grow up.

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I didn't do the poll for that exact reason, there was no choice for I've never had an issue.

Reactions: MJE

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
All the "what did they really do" nonsense...grow up.
Its more like what can they do? They can escalate issues maybe get attention for others at Ford to help. But if you go to bad dealer, parts shortage, incompetent techs, tricky issue ect they can only do so much.

Before taking to any dealer I recommend reading online reviews or maybe asking others you know in your area where they take their Fords. A dealer is not a dealer they very widely in the quality of service provided. A lot of dealers incapable of fixing anything. But there are other dealers that do care and have skilled techs.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Its more like what can they do? They can escalate issues maybe get attention for others at Ford to help. But if you go to bad dealer, parts shortage, incompetent techs, tricky issue ect they can only do so much.

Before taking to any dealer I recommend reading online reviews or maybe asking others you know in your area where they take their Fords. A dealer is not a dealer they very widely in the quality of service provided. A lot of dealers incapable of fixing anything. But there are other dealers that do care and have skilled techs.
Absolutely agree. Our local dealer now no longer in business gave me terrible runaround on a ranger many years ago. I've shared this before, after a few phone calls up the chain, suddenly they bent over backwards to make it right. Later came out they didn't want to help me because I didn't buy the truck through them (mind you I lived in a different city when I bought it...that's bad business practice and in the end they paid their dealership for such issues.)

Broncolution

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Ok I voted no on the poll. I have asked FMC rep on this board to help me get information on 2 separate occasions. Each time I was referred back to the dealer even though I specifically placed in text that I did not want to interact with them on this.

Iā€™m glad that there are some of us that have been helped by the FMC rep. It is nice to have someone from Ford on here, but I can not state anything positive aside from them being visible.

R W NORRIS New Mexico

Big Bend
First Name
Rodger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I complained to my De6aler. Told the owner I should not have been charged. He agreed and made the refund. Then the "Service Manager" told me to NEVER COME BACK to them for anything. Called the 800 number and they told me to "call my dealer for service". Now for me the closest Dealer is 3.5 hours from home, so 7 hours to get service. Ask me what brand I will not look at next time. FORD has been my brand since 1964, such a shame. Dealers are the consumers reflection of good or bad across the board.
Sponsored