starofdavid11

First Edition
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Cr-V
gotcha, I would have to think they would want the FE to be at least a bit special, and not including features of a lower trim just seems dumb to me. i'm not sure how Ford has done things in the past with new releases of cars so idk if there is any other release we could look back on and compare things with,.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bdub

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
It's my understanding the First Edition has everything on Badlands + Badlands package with additional stuff thrown in. Ford needs to get their documentation act together.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Did they mention any delay to your order because of this? As long as this arrives in December/January I have no problem.
No idea at all. Ford says they will email when it gets scheduled. I just hope it arrives before I head to Florida for a couple of months in Feb! :sunglasses:

starofdavid11

First Edition
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Cr-V
LAst night I was thinking of trying to reach out to Ford directly but i'm not sure where I would even start. Anyone have any ideas?

chaseAbronco

Badlands
First Name
chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Realized FE also doesn't have ambient lightning in addition to Co-Pilot360 Assist+. Hmmm... why Ford, why?

Page 74 eSourceBook

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
It's my understanding the First Edition has everything on Badlands + Badlands package with additional stuff thrown in. Ford needs to get their documentation act together.
The real question is.. is there is enough to warrant the additional cost, and the dealer markup over MSRP that some dealers will charge. I can see FE's on a showroom floor with a +$4k markup because it's an FE. Nope, not worth it.

chaseAbronco

Badlands
First Name
chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
The real question is.. is there is enough to warrant the additional cost, and the dealer markup over MSRP that some dealers will charge. I can see FE's on a showroom floor with a +$4k markup because it's an FE. Nope, not worth it.
Only if dealers grab 'em or people back out of their reservations/orders as one should lock up price before order which stands at MSRP on my end.

TXArchitect

First Edition
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Ford Bronco Sport FIRST EDITION Thread E5180069-FD18-4C9F-8453-EAAAA2F38E4B

it does show lane assist and pre collision assist. Isn’t that pretty much the same thing? Doesn’t analyze stop signs but good enough for me.

TXArchitect

First Edition
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Just found it under “Packages” Ford Co-Pilot looks to be included for FE! Not seen as an option, just included.
Ford Bronco Sport FIRST EDITION Thread 03B382C6-7E76-4AAC-B01B-B8CF2E7059AD

chaseAbronco

Badlands
First Name
chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Just found it under “Packages” Ford Co-Pilot looks to be included for FE! Not seen as an option, just included.
Ford Bronco Sport FIRST EDITION Thread 03B382C6-7E76-4AAC-B01B-B8CF2E7059AD
Yes but not Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist+ as on page 77 or shown with packages on page 79, with items below. Essentially not "adaptive" cruise control that will slow down and speed up (up to the present limit) and the big one for me Voice-activated navigation...just gotta use my phone stilll...wtf. But as Granger said, eSource book may be inaccurate on a few details but all the other media materials seem to suggest the same thing!

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
...the big one for me Voice-activated navigation...just gotta use my phone stilll...wtf.
I spent a few cycles thinking about the navigation. it Is $795 and lasts five years before having to subscribe, I believe. i decided that between apple play and my garmin nuvi satnav, I’m good without it. i know the interfaces of those two systems well.

im open to other thoughts.

Last edited:

Ponds

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Yes but not Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist+ as on page 77 or shown with packages on page 79, with items below. Essentially not "adaptive" cruise control that will slow down and speed up (up to the present limit) and the big one for me Voice-activated navigation...just gotta use my phone stilll...wtf. But as Granger said, eSource book may be inaccurate on a few details but all the other media materials seem to suggest the same thing!
on Ford’s site, the FE does “include Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System with Pinch-to-Zoom Capability, Sirius XM™ Traffic with Travel Link®”. It’s listed under Highlights, Ford Co-Pilot 360 and under Specifications, Entertainment Systems.

Although cruise control isn’t listed anywhere that I could find, i did notice that the FE Price & Build tool has a fairly detailed pre-production interior image. The steering wheel has controls for adaptive cruise control (probably stop and go). This really would make sense as the FE has Trail Control for Off-Road, which is essentially a flavor of cruise control. But to be honest, this is only an educated guess.

chaseAbronco

Badlands
First Name
chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
on Ford’s site, the FE does “include Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System with Pinch-to-Zoom Capability, Sirius XM™ Traffic with Travel Link®”. It’s listed under Highlights, Ford Co-Pilot 360 and under Specifications, Entertainment Systems.

Although cruise control isn’t listed anywhere that I could find, i did notice that the FE Price & Build tool has a fairly detailed pre-production interior image. The steering wheel has controls for adaptive cruise control (probably stop and go). This really would make sense as the FE has Trail Control for Off-Road, which is essentially a flavor of cruise control. But to be honest, this is only an educated guess.
It will at least have adaptive cruise control...but not ASSUMING anything, nothing in media points to intelligent adaptive cruise control, probably just brake assist. Both the ford site and eSource book, p. 54 (again, some errors no doubt) do not list this included on FE. Ford Co‑Pilot360 Assist+ is what is referenced above.

Regarding voice-activated touchscreen, yes some discrepancy as eSource book on pg. 46, 55, and 77 don't list it as standard or an option on FE but on the ford site it's listed under the interior/highlights...
Sponsored

Last edited: