JeepJudas

JeepJudas

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
At OP, you made the mistake of criticizing the BS and Ford in the same post on a forum full of Ford shills and fanboys.

Bad you. People don’t count here much, only faithfulness to the brand.

Enjoy your Jeep! With luck, you will have grand adventures with it. Remember, brand loyalty is for chumps and a truck is a tool.
Thanks. I’m not sure how it was taken as criticizing the brand or the BS. I simply highlighted my experience and how it didn’t meet my expectations, which is completely fine and just how life goes sometimes.

Nevertheless, I was just informed that an inmate at a state penitentiary I mentored through a volunteer organization just graduated his business program and will soon be released with good time. Those upset for whatever reason with my post can flame away, I’m going to continue focusing on positive things.

RRD

Badlands
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands - Area 51 "Bad Alien"
Let me fix that for you...

At OP, you made the mistake of criticizing the BS and Ford in the same post on a forum full of Ford shills enthusiasts and fanboys.

Enjoy your Jeep! With luck, you will have grand adventures with it. Remember, brand loyalty is for chumps and a truck is a tool.
You lose the meaning of your message when you punch down others while trying to make it. I am not defending what others may or may not have written only that you should never lower yourself down to another's level but elevate the conversation above them.

I also agree that brand loyalty will often time end not in the favor of the buyer, research and getting the right tool for the job is the best advice.

Besides, plenty of room on the trails for both Broncos and Jeeps.

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I looked at gladiators today qmong some others ... even built myself a willys just to get a comparison of price and functionality .... still waiting to hear ANY word from ford about my fs bronco ...
-No matter how it is looked at ford not only dropped the ball, the dropped it... accidently kicked it and in some cases it landed in qn opponent's hands ... hope the jeep serves you well!

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
Let me fix that for you...

You lose the meaning of your message when you punch down others while trying to make it. I am not defending what others may or may not have written only that you should never lower yourself down to another's level but elevate the conversation above them.

I also agree that brand loyalty will often time end not in the favor of the buyer, research and getting the right tool for the job is the best advice.

Besides, plenty of room on the trails for both Broncos and Jeeps.
Based on my experience here with some of the more ignorant trolls, and some of the new ones cropping up here, I am right.

However, I agree with you otherwise.

Cars/trucks are tools. As long as people have fun with them, what does it matter what they are?

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Thanks. I’m not sure how it was taken as criticizing the brand or the BS. I simply highlighted my experience and how it didn’t meet my expectations, which is completely fine and just how life goes sometimes.

Nevertheless, I was just informed that an inmate at a state penitentiary I mentored through a volunteer organization just graduated his business program and will soon be released with good time. Those upset for whatever reason with my post can flame away, I’m going to continue focusing on positive things.
Jeep, I apologize for how I took the post. Enjoy your jeep. I used to drive a Wranger Sport and it got me through many Denver blizzards. I also currently own a Toyota FJ that we will never get rid of. And we will add to our herd a BS Sport. Maybe the one thing learned here is appreciate our differences, our views and spending our time here trying to help others. Please come back some time and share your off road treks and maybe down the road you can add a BS to your herd. Safe travels and awesome with the inmate you worked with.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I agree with the point about blindly following Brand loyalty but only it’s not for us to judge as we don’t know why they are buying what they are. As stated before, I almost changed from the big Bronco to a Rubicon after the allocation fiasco. I could have gotten it from the same dealer who was also giving a great discount. In the end, I decided I like the Bronco better and am ordering a BS to provide a gap between my aging Escape and the Bronco.

I’ve looked at RAV4 TRD’s and Jeep Cherokee’s, but like BS Badlands better. Does that make me a fan boy or shill? I suppose, but what’s the flip side? People should get what they want.

OP
OP
JeepJudas

JeepJudas

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Jeep, I apologize for how I took the post. Enjoy your jeep. I used to drive a Wranger Sport and it got me through many Denver blizzards. I also currently own a Toyota FJ that we will never get rid of. And we will add to our herd a BS Sport. Maybe the one thing learned here is appreciate our differences, our views and spending our time here trying to help others. Please come back some time and share your off road treks and maybe down the road you can add a BS to your herd. Safe travels and awesome with the inmate you worked with.
Thank you. I love that alto blue btw.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I agree with the point about blindly following Brand loyalty but only it’s not for us to judge as we don’t know why they are buying what they are. As stated before, I almost changed from the big Bronco to a Rubicon after the allocation fiasco. I could have gotten it from the same dealer who was also giving a great discount. In the end, I decided I like the Bronco better and am ordering a BS to provide a gap between my aging Escape and the Bronco.

I’ve looked at RAV4 TRD’s and Jeep Cherokee’s, but like BS Badlands better. Does that make me a fan boy or shill? I suppose, but what’s the flip side? People should get what they want.
We also looked at the RAV4 and the Cherokee Trailhawk as well as a Wrangler initially.

In the end we have always loved the unique vehicle and also the BS seems to be well rounded for everything we want to do. There is just something about it. I always wanted something in the Bronco family. We looked at the full size but it was a bit more than we needed.

My very first car that I learned to drive was a 68 hardtop Ford mustang my dad owned. He got it when he was 40.

RRD

Badlands
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands - Area 51 "Bad Alien"
We also looked at the RAV4 and the Cherokee Trailhawk as well as a Wrangler initially.

In the end we have always loved the unique vehicle and also the BS seems to be well rounded for everything we want to do. There is just something about it. I always wanted something in the Bronco family. We looked at the full size but it was a bit more than we needed.

My very first car that I learned to drive was a 68 hardtop Ford mustang my dad owned. He got it when he was 40.
Funny story, I would have gotten a Rav4 IF I could have found one in stock anywhere within 100 miles of my location. I am not a Toyota fanboy but I just found a dealership that just took care of their clients, like they went out of their way to take care of any and all issues I had with my Tacoma so while not a brand loyalist myself I do and will be loyal to companies that are loyal to me.

My second option was actually the new Maverick but no Ford dealer had those in stock so my Ford dealer I always use (for over 20 years now) showed me the BS and let me do a 3 day test drive to see if I liked it. Fell in love with it during those 3 days. I was the BL edition and the 2L was definitely more peppy then the 1.5L but I was looking for more MPG and the OB had options I liked that the BL did not (at least the one they had) so got my RRD!

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Enjoy your Jeep. I had a Commander for 12 years and it was one of the most reliable and best built vehicles I ever owned. To each his own
Yeah the older Heep’s were reliable.

McBrideless

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Lesabre
At OP, you made the mistake of criticizing the BS and Ford in the same post on a forum full of Ford shills and fanboys.

Crazy that people on a Bronco Sport forum would like Bronco Sports.

Who woulda thunk?

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
QUOTE="McBrideless, post: 71819, member: 3175"]
Crazy that people on a Bronco Sport forum would like Bronco Sports.

Who woulda thunk?
[/QUOTE]
Oh you can like something just fine without acting like you are in a cult ?
Sponsored