Roxyb

Big Bend
First Name
Roxy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Same here water pump failed at 15000 miles they have no idea when I’m getting it back. Any ideas how long the wait is ? I’ve been carless for a week

Roxyb

Big Bend
First Name
Roxy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Hello, Shawn! Send us a private message with your Bronco Sport's VIN and current mileage. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this part delay. Thanks!
hello i need help too! Same problem they have no idea when I’ll get the bronc back

steveb

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Very nice ford company man . Nice job .

Ford Bronco Sport Failed water pump 728DF4F5-FC11-4AB9-91E0-98E10097F44D
Ours failed at 14k. Dealer is telling us Jan 19 before they can get one. They told us 1k backordered. I see several dealerships online with water pumps. What's the deal?

Reactions: Jrl

Rob

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Same here water pump failed at 15000 miles they have no idea when I’m getting it back. Any ideas how long the wait is ? I’ve been carless for a week
I’ve been waiting since December 7 told this morning end of Jan, beginning Feb. At least they gave me a loner but in the meantime warranty is running.

Hdscreens

Big Bend
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Baby bronco
I wonder if Ive had that issue for awhile now. Before oil change I notice coolant tank was low and service filled to correct level then I checked today and it’s below minimum level line again. I don’t notice any leaks though. Anyone know which coolant it is, I’d like to know before going to dealer parts service?

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I wonder if Ive had that issue for awhile now. Before oil change I notice coolant tank was low and service filled to correct level then I checked today and it’s below minimum level line again. I don’t notice any leaks though. Anyone know which coolant it is, I’d like to know before going to dealer parts service?
WSS-M97B57-A2 Motorcraft® Yellow Prediluted Antifreeze

https://www.motorcraft.com/us/en_us/home/our-products/chemicals-and-lubricants/ac-and-engine-cooling-products/engine-cooling-system-products/yellow-prediluted-antifreeze-coolants.html

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Found some interesting comments quoted below in early BS threads about coolant leaks. Seems like it might be a good idea to get the extended warranty as sometimes it happens right after 60K miles. Just saying
—————————

”Turns out there was a loose bolt on the turbo coolant pipe that was causing the leak. The dealer tightened/ torqued and road tested the vehicle. So far so good.”

“I have seen several … 2.0 eco engines with same issue. Coolant consumption caused by head gaskets allowing coolant into cyl's due to block and gasket design. I'm a mechanical claims adjuster, I have seen a lot over the years”

Reactions: MJE

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Found some interesting comments quoted below in early BS threads about coolant leaks. Seems like it might be a good idea to get the extended warranty as sometimes it happens right after 60K miles. Just saying
I have seen Ford techs posting up online head gaskets blowing is common. But head and block are a good design so could be machining tolerances on block and head surfaces and/or cheap head gasket. It is very common to use 2.0 block for a 2.3 build because 2.0 block super strong able to handle extreme high hp builds. If head and block machined well and good quality head gasket there will not be any issues even at high boost high power levels.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I have seen Ford techs posting up online head gaskets blowing is common.
For this kind of information to be useful you have to define "common." Common to a mechanic doesn't mean common to the general public. People only take their cars to mechanics when they have a problem, so it's common to a mechanic to see cars with problems. There are literally MILLIONS of Ford EcoBoost engines operating worldwide, and the overwhelming majority of them do not suffer from these kinds of major mechanical failures. If blown head gaskets--or any other kind of major component failure--were common I think there would be a lot of angry owners around the world, and a lot more chatter about the problems online.

In my experience with EcoBoost engines (going on a decade now) head gasket failures usually occur very early in an engine's life--reflecting a production issue--or after an owner installs modification meant to increase boost pressure. The most common modification resulting in head gasket failure is a software modification, often called a "tune."

JohnT.106

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Base
For this kind of information to be useful you have to define "common." Common to a mechanic doesn't mean common to the general public. People only take their cars to mechanics when they have a problem, so it's common to a mechanic to see cars with problems. There are literally MILLIONS of Ford EcoBoost engines operating worldwide, and the overwhelming majority of them do not suffer from these kinds of major mechanical failures. If blown head gaskets--or any other kind of major component failure--were common I think there would be a lot of angry owners around the world, and a lot more chatter about the problems online.

In my experience with EcoBoost engines (going on a decade now) head gasket failures usually occur very early in an engine's life--reflecting a production issue--or after an owner installs modification meant to increase boost pressure. The most common modification resulting in head gasket failure is a software modification, often called a "tune."
My water pump went at 19200 miles. Seems to be many faulty ones. Or is it common for them to go with under 20k miles on them? Luckily I only waited 3 days for diagnosis. Parts and repairs . Hopefully there was no block damage . Tech said it was hitting under the some plate they removed. And it would drop get hit by something and sprayed everywhere. Anyway . It's fixed for now.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
My water pump went at 19200 miles. Seems to be many faulty ones. Or is it common for them to go with under 20k miles on them? Luckily I only waited 3 days for diagnosis. Parts and repairs . Hopefully there was no block damage . Tech said it was hitting under the some plate they removed. And it would drop get hit by something and sprayed everywhere. Anyway . It's fixed for now.
This is a bit disjointed, but I think I pieced together what you're trying to say based on your other posts in the "Loosing Coolant" thread. My point regarding the term "common" remains. The fact that yours failed with less than 20K is not evidence of a common fleetwide problem .

All production systems have a certain failure rate. Auto manufacturers are not immune. There was an early Technical Service Bulletin on these engines regarding coolant intrusion into the cylinders--which is what I suspected your problem was based on your early post in the other thread that the techs couldn't see any external leaks. There are no TSBs regarding water pumps as far as I know.

Based on your later posts in the other thread it now appears the techs DID find evidence of an external leak around your water pump. In your post on the other thread you weren't clear whether it was a faulty pump or just a bad seal/gasket. I'm not familiar with the water pump configuration in these engines, but in most cases once you pull the water pump off an engine--even if it's just to repair a leaking seal/gasket--you may as well replace the pump too. Water pumps are relatively cheap, and putting a used on back on an engine isn't cost effective. Did the techs say specifically that you had a bad water pump, or was it just a bad seal/gasket?

A quick Google search doesn't return any evidence of widespread problems with 1.5L Dragon engine water pumps.

JohnT.106

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is a bit disjointed, but I think I pieced together what you're trying to say based on your other posts in the "Loosing Coolant" thread. My point regarding the term "common" remains. The fact that yours failed with less than 20K is not evidence of a common fleetwide problem .

All production systems have a certain failure rate. Auto manufacturers are not immune. There was an early Technical Service Bulletin on these engines regarding coolant intrusion into the cylinders--which is what I suspected your problem was based on your early post in the other thread that the techs couldn't see any external leaks. There are no TSBs regarding water pumps as far as I know.

Based on your later posts in the other thread it now appears the techs DID find evidence of an external leak around your water pump. In your post on the other thread you weren't clear whether it was a faulty pump or just a bad seal/gasket. I'm not familiar with the water pump configuration in these engines, but in most cases once you pull the water pump off an engine--even if it's just to repair a leaking seal/gasket--you may as well replace the pump too. Water pumps are relatively cheap, and putting a used on back on an engine isn't cost effective. Did the techs say specifically that you had a bad water pump, or was it just a bad seal/gasket?

A quick Google search doesn't return any evidence of widespread problems with 1.5L Dragon engine water pumps.
The technician said a new water pump that they ordered from Detroit and received it overnight. Assuming Detroit is Ford headquarters ? Was a Ford dealer doing the work. Covered under bumper to bumper. I don't have receipt in front of me and can try to post more later. Their was other mention of parts in there but I assumed it was the connections for the pump . Like including all seals and gaskets . And proper tourqe as per the service manual. Il specify later tonight or tomorrow

JohnT.106

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Tech replaced the water pump. It was dripping antifreeze. Stress test psi ran at 21 when done over 60 minutes dropped to 15. Replaced new water pump so far so good. Ordered pump from Detroit they said I'm assuming that's Ford Hq . Had it the next morning , installed same day. Covered by bumper to bumper. My Ford dealer and Ford customer service did a wonderful job for me.
Sponsored